The Breakers Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.2

Food & Beverage Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Breakers.

You must make it past HR gate keepers.
    1st interview HR
    2nd on to Outlet manager
    3rd assistant director
    4th vice president of F&B (Smile!)
    You must smile like a crazed clown to be approved by the Vice President Of F&B!
    The Job fair is the only way to speed this process up. You get to do all interviews in one day at job fair.

Interview Questions
    • None just make sure you smile
      You will take a test that will ask you the same question ten different ways to see if you answer constantly.
        Answer Question
    Not much of one. They low ball and won't budge.
    they do make up for it if you stick around.

Guest Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Breakers in February 2014.

Application process has a sort of questionaire that is vital to your getting an interview. They are looking for high energy positive people. Must have a COMPLETELY open availability to get an interview. I applied for multiple positions and was emailed a week later to inform me that I was not sleected. Once I opened my availability I received a phone call and email to pick an interview time for Guest Relations position.
    First interveiw is with the Operations manager. She will ask you about your previous jobs and ask if you ever had a problem with a customer and how you went about resolving it, not just in general but a specific situation.
    Second interview with Guest Relations manager and asst manager. He wanted to know about my work experience and just really wanted to get a feel for who you are. Be smiley, friendly, and conversational.
    I didnt have enough experience for Guest Relations, so they transferred me into the Guest Services department. Third Interview was with Guest Services manager. He explains the positon more in depth. This is where I asked about pay, benefits, requesting time off.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a problematic situation and how you went about resolving it? Have you ever had problems with you manager and how did you resolve it? What is the difference in the level of service here at the Breakers compared to your previous job   View Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Breakers in April 2010.

Three separate interviews with F&B Director, Asst F&B director and Restaurant Manager

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. If they offer, take it.

Interveiwee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Breakers in October 2012.

After submitting about 30 applications to the hotel, I was finally e-mailed back after about 2 months to come for a job fair convention for the hotel itself. I had two interviews. The first interview went well enough to the point where the person interviewing me said "You will get a call back from a GM for a phone interview". I was very happy to hear this. The second interview went just as well as the first, then I was sent on my way. I was told I should hear back from them by Friday and to study up on the property and the history of the hotel, which I went home and did immediately.

After waiting for my phone interview with a GM, and not receiving one, I called them and asked about it. They had absolutely no idea who I was. The bottom line is, it seems to me that because they are a top of the line hotel, they feel as if they can lie to your face about something as important as an interview with a GM. Beware when going for an interview with these people. They will look you directly in the eye and lie directly to your face. In this day an age, when jobs are hard to come by still, this is not how you treat people. Especially coming from a hotel name as The Breakers, which is a very well known hotel around the world. I will never attempt to apply for another job there and I will never allow anyone I know to stay on their property after their transgression against me.

Interview Questions
    • On the first interview, the guy made me do a role play situation asking me to sell him something. He used an object in the room and wanted me to sell him that object.   Answer Question

Conference Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Breakers in May 2012.

I was approached by a recruiter in regards to the Conference Services Manager position at the Breakers. I was encouraged to go on the company website to fill out the application and a few days later I was asked to complete an online personality test. Almost the same day I received notice that they wanted to schedule an interview with me. I had some difficulty doing the actual scheduling on their website and had to make several phone calls to the HR Department to get that straightened out. They notify you what days and times are available and you pick out a time slot. What they did not tell me was that the interview was to take place in
     theirHR Office which is not in th ehotel itself, but a few miles down the road in a non descript building. That caused extra stress and anxiery as i could not find the building right away.The interview itself lasted barely a half hour and consisted of very general questions. When the interviewer decided the session was over I was politely shown the door. It did take a few days to get an anwer back.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you get out of bed every day to go to work?   Answer Question

Valet Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at The Breakers in May 2010.

The interview took place on campus and I received a call a few days later with the offer

Interview Questions
    • Are you available to work on Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years?   Answer Question

Nail Technician/SPA Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Breakers in July 2012.

Went through three interviews. First one is with the HR department. They ask you the typical questions and pretty much prescreen you. The next is the interview with the department manager. Third is the service interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a client that was unhappy and what did you do to turn the situation around?   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Breakers in June 2009.

Pi index test will tell them if you fit what they want.
    Meet with HR rep if they like you, it's on to a assistant Director.
    If you pass then your on too maybe one more asst director or a department head.
     Last would be the F&B Director.

Interview Questions
    Not much room. They will low ball you by $5,000.

Worked for The Breakers? Contribute to the Community!