The Brick Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2014
16 interviews

1.7

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at The Brick in April 2010.

I was hired on the spot and stayed there for 7 years ,I wasn't trained, so i trained myself. overtime i became incharge of training all the new hires.and became a mentor for others

Warehouse Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Brick.

Job fair. They hire in bunches and the interviews are generally quick. Different managers and supervisors will be doing the interviews so they are generally never the same. They want to know your experience but are more concerned about you having a level head. Security/background checks are a must. Be friendly and sell a hard work ethic. Its a fast paced place, you have to keep up.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask personal questions to get to know you. Family etc..   Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Internal Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Brick in October 2010.

Interview process was very quick and easy. The manager was very blunt about asking about personal life, which was borderline strange. Was hired shortly thereafter, so it was a pretty easy process. Hiring process itself was also painless, and was handled by the manager of the department. Exit interview was never conducted, however.

Interview Questions
    • Are you legally entitled to work in Canada (not a joke, that was probably the most difficult question). Aside from that, most questions focused on my personal life.   View Answer
    I negotiated vacation time, however, I strongly encourage negotiating salary as well as chances are in your favor.

Swamper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at The Brick.

Come in with resume, ask to speak with manager, hopefully get an interview on the spot (if not you will be called to come back), fill out application, get picture taken for security access card, receive parking pass and punch in number for hand scanner.

$16/hour for 3 months, then $18.64/ hour.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Brick in May 2012.

I applied for the position online, and received a phone call to schedule an interview a few days after. My initial interview was by one of the senior customer service representatives, and they asked me simple questions like why I wanted to work there, biggest strength/weakness. I was then selected for the next interview with the operations manager, where they asked very similar questions. They also asked whether I wanted to work in sales or as a merchandiser.

Interview Questions
    Since it was my first job, I couldn't negotiate a higher wage, but any related experience should warrant higher pay.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at The Brick in May 2009.

They just ask you questions about experience and determine if you have sales skills. prior working experience

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with an upset customer   View Answer

Network Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Brick.

Job post -> Interview -> Reference Check -> Offer

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with conflict with manager?   View Answer
    Salary and vacation

Sales Consultant Interview

It was an easy and very casual interview. It had no structure. The hiring manager wanted a quick yes or no answer. Just be confident no special preparation is required to face this job interview. This probably because you work on pure commission basis with no base wage assured.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Brick in August 2011.

It was the easiest thing. Anybody that can put a sentence together will get hired. Don;t stress too much about this since you are on commission, they can hire 20 of you. If you don't sell, you don't eat. It's that simple.

Interview Questions
    • give me an example of a time when you had an upset customer, and how did you fix the situation.   Answer Question
    no negotiation. its minimum wage OR commission, whichever is greater.

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview was simple, was asked the basic questions that you are asked at any interview. Was asked if had any previous sales experience, I did not. Training lasts two weeks and is heavily based on product knowledge. The rest is learning how to use the Point of Sales system on the computer.

Interview Questions

Worked for The Brick? Contribute to the Community!