The Brick Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

1.8

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brick (Regina, SK (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

straightforward, lots of paperwork... problem was that the staff at this location were all under 30, and it did not feel like an extremely competent employer. I left after the interview convinced this was not a place to spend anymore of my time in.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Brick.

Interview

Phone call then the interviewed by manager, told me a lot about the retail sales in the shop, and offered immediately. It was not a good experiences, but found a job is better than nothing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Office Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Brick.

Interview

I had one interview..very disorganized. At first I wasnt offered the job but later on I was hired but to a different position than what I applied to. I had no formal communication about my job description or how much I will be paid. I hope to leave soon.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Brick.

Interview

I applied online and they called me for an interview in three days. I went and was interviewed. Firstly they asked me about previous experiences in Customer service. Then they asked me about my strengths and weaknesses. Lastly they asked me where i see myself in five years. I was then asked to fill out an application which was mainly on previous jobs and references. They told me they would call me right after my background check. Its been a week since then and I have not got a call yet.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Brick.

Interview

Job fair. They hire in bunches and the interviews are generally quick. Different managers and supervisors will be doing the interviews so they are generally never the same. They want to know your experience but are more concerned about you having a level head. Security/background checks are a must. Be friendly and sell a hard work ethic. Its a fast paced place, you have to keep up.

Interview Questions

• They will ask personal questions to get to know you. Family etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Swamper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Brick (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Come in with resume, ask to speak with manager, hopefully get an interview on the spot (if not you will be called to come back), fill out application, get picture taken for security access card, receive parking pass and punch in number for hand scanner.

Negotiation

$16/hour for 3 months, then $18.64/ hour.

Network Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brick.

Interview

Job post -> Interview -> Reference Check -> Offer

Interview Questions

• How to deal with conflict with manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary and vacation

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

It was an easy and very casual interview. It had no structure. The hiring manager wanted a quick yes or no answer. Just be confident no special preparation is required to face this job interview. This probably because you work on pure commission basis with no base wage assured.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Brick (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Very informal. Managers clearly do not have HR interview training. Only one person conducting the interview, usually, and they ask whatever question comes to mind. Because of this, you have a greater chance of getting hired if you were referred by a friend, or if you have something in common with the manager and just roll with that.

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Interview was simple, was asked the basic questions that you are asked at any interview. Was asked if had any previous sales experience, I did not. Training lasts two weeks and is heavily based on product knowledge. The rest is learning how to use the Point of Sales system on the computer.