The British Army

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Army Officer Training Interview

Army Officer Training
Westbury, South West England, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The British Army.

Interview Details – 2 day pre assessment, followed by 3 day interview board should you pass the first stage.
Provided you're above the quality line you will be offered a place - you are not competing for limited places unlike civilian companies.
The three days are used for IQ / aptitude testing, academic interviews and essays, interviews by military personnel, planning exercises (group and individual), discussion groups, physical fitness tests and command tasks.

Interview Question – Normally regarding possible situations you could encounter at war (moral dilemmas etc)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied through other source and interviewed at The British Army.

Interview Details – There is not an interview process, your are promoted via your yearly reports and on paper the best person gets the job, there should be an interview process when you reach SNCO as lots of good people are not promoted due to certain Line Managers being very poor at report writing.

Interview Question – Why are you best person for this job   Answer Question

CS Engineer Interview

CS Engineer

Interviewed at The British Army

Interview Details – Selection all process

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Army Interview

Army

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at The British Army.

Interview Details – Team work interviews, and command tasks are used for selection. There are group debates and current affairs tests. There are public speaking tests and a few easy fitness exercises. I had no problems although it was a while ago and may have changed.

Interview Question – What do you want to join inside the Army?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

British Army Officer Interview

British Army Officer

Interviewed at The British Army

Interview Details – Arrive prepared mentally and physically fit. Be up-to-date with current affairs and defence issues. You must demonstrate leadership potential. Seek out people who have been through the process recently

Interview Question – Why do you want to join the army   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Captain Interview

Captain
Westbury, South West England, England (UK)

I applied in-person - interviewed at The British Army in April 2009.

Interview Details – Very prescriptive and detailed well on Army website.

Interview Question – Could be anything selection process will allow the assessor to always catch you off balance.   Answer Question

Mechanic Interview

Mechanic

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The British Army.

Interview Details – a basic test at the recruitment office followed by a recruit selection which involved various fitness tests

Negotiation Details – none

Radar Technician Interview

Radar Technician
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at The British Army in March 2012.

Interview Details – the interview involved getting the train to sotton coldfield and undergoing various fitness tests that weren't particularlly ardous. After that it was a case of attending a couple of interviews that involved a couple of back round checks and a security check. when they were complete we were debriefed and given a train ticket to the next amry camp that we would undertake basic training in.

Interview Question – We were all asked about family backgrounds and if we were willing to undertake special duties   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The British Army in July 2009.

Interview Details – Went to career office and asked to join carried out an aptitude test, then was offered positions suitable for my score, followed by several interviews and a medical. Then swore allegiance to the queen.

Interview Question – Several of the test were challenging.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Major Interview

Major

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The British Army.

Interview Details – 21/2 testing days at Westbury. Mixture of inerviews, problem solving, debates and leadership tasks. Essentially a military assessment centre.

Interview Question – Why do you think soldiers will follow you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not one. Go to Sandhurst and pass the course.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The British Army

Worked for The British Army? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The British Army interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by The British Army employees and interview candidates.