The Buckle

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.3

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Buckle.

Interview consisted of "Tell me a time..." questions. I was hired on-the-spot as an Assistant Manager. However, after hiring, I was unknown titled "Assistant Manager in Training", because an Assistant Manager was already employed in the store (which wasn't explained in the interview).

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were faced with a difficult customer, and how did you resolve the difficulty.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Buckle in January 2015.

I applied online got a phone call the next morning and an interview of the day after that. It was a really pleasant experience and the management team made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a team member who wasn't doing their part?   Answer Question
    Via email

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Buckle in January 2015.

I received an email and set up my interview. I arrived 10 minutes early and they told me to look around the store. I did and the manager came up to me and asked me things about school and extracurricular activities. The interview went well and the manager said I would receive an email or phone call. But I got an email saying I wasn't selected. The reason had to be because I wasn't available on weekends.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Buckle in January 2015.

Process took 2 weeks - I applied and immediately got an email asking me to call and schedule an interview. I didn't call within 2 days so they called me. I had two interviews, one day after the other, and was offered the job a week and a half later.

No negation - base plus 3% commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online – interviewed at The Buckle in January 2015.

Walked in, was greeted by the manager she was very friendly told her I was there for an interview, She wasn't snobby or acted like she was better than me(which what I was worried about reading previous interviews on here) the other works greeted me and were nice and then they proceeded to help customers and do their jobs. The manager went and pulled my application We walked back by the jeans and did the interview on the floor. I personally liked it on the floor since she is a manager she could keep an eye on the customers. She asked me questions and let me know that they can't hire until March and if I would be interested even if I had to wait till then I told her yes and she said she will either call or email me after she talks it over with the other manager.

Management Trainee Interview

Very unprofessional the interview was conducted on the sells floor. The hiring manager was pushy and attempted to sell me on clothing within the interview as well as scamming me into getting a buckle credit card claiming that it was to gather more info about me. There were not many minority employees working there and the manager was pushy like a car salesman.

Interview Questions
    • who inspires you? how can you take control over your sells? How can your prior experience help when working as a buckles employee.   Answer Question

Sales & Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Buckle in January 2015.

Applied online got a email the next hour to schedule an interview. meet the hiring manger go interviewed on the sales floor for about 10-15 min. We really hit it off he seemed to really like my job experience and my personalty. He even asked me where i had been hiding this whole time. I really thought i would get the job. Waited for a call back he said i would get on Friday which i never got. When i called him later in the afternoon he said he would know by the end of the night. I never got a call its not Tuesday. But it was a great experience. Just go in dressed as the part and read about there company online.

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Buckle in December 2014.

Interview process was fairly quick. I filled out an online application and received an email back the next day. We scheduled an interview for a couple days later, where I had a pretty casual interview on the sales floor with the store manager. She was really nice and the whole process was fairly easy going. She told me she would have to speak with her boss about me and would get back to me as soon as possible. She called me two days later saying that the job was mine if I wanted it.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were personality based, such as "tell me about a time you had to juggle multiple tasks at once," or "tell me about a time you had to work as part of a team."   View Answer

While the job itself sounded like a really great opportunity, the pay unfortunately was too far from what I wanted. Pay there is commission based, so you are offered a base pay and are expected to make up the difference with how much product you sell. The base pay they offered me was $6.00 an hour, with 3% commission (they told me with my commission, I should expect to make $11.00 an hour) This was far too low to be able to pay my monthly bills and to start making payments on my student loans, so I had to decline the offer.

Sales & Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandville, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Buckle.

Spoke with a Buckle Representative at a college career fair. She was very friendly and when I asked about Follow-Up she told me I could sign up for an interview time. I went to the interview a week later. The dress was "your style", not the usual business formal you would think of for an interview. It was in the back storage room of one of their stores with two managers from different Buckle locations. They were really friendly and casual. We had about a twenty minute conversation and they said they would get back to me in 48 hours. They didn't get back to me until a day or two past that mark. I am interested in management and not really sales or retail. Although we had a nice conversation, it was pretty apparent during the interview that it probably wasn't a good fit for either of us.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. Asked about my work history. How I handle stressful situations.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Buckle.

The Interview was very easy. The first question I got was why I chose Buckle. The person interviewing asked mainly personal questions and If I had held any leadership responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • "Why did you choose Buckle?" Think of a really good response for this question.   Answer Question