The Buckle Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Buckle.

The interview took place on the sales floor in the back of the store. The manager asked me a few questions about why I wanted to work there and how good I was at selling at my last retail job. I asked on the phone when they scheduled my interview if I should dress professionally or if I should wear something I would wear if I worked there. The manager said, "Wear whatever you think is appropriate." I ended up wearing black pants and a nice top just to be safe. I could tell she liked me but was skeptical about my style because they asked me back on another day for a five minute interview with a team lead, probably to evaluate how I dressed and whether I would fit in. That time, I wore a more casual outfit and was offered the position later that day.

Interview Questions
    • Why The Buckle as opposed to the other clothing stores in the mall?   View Answer

Sales Teammate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Buckle.

It was on the sales floor with the manager. I had two interviews and was hired on my second. The first was the main one. The second one was mainly if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
    What I would like my schedule to look like. When I was available to be there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Buckle in March 2015.

I applied online, and got a call back about a week later for an interview. The interview was on the sales floor, in the back of the store. I spoke with the Sales Manager, who was super friendly and chill. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, she just asked typical interview questions, and I was offered the job right there.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Buckle in March 2015.

I applied online & got an e-mail saying they wanted to schedule me for an interview. I arrived to the interview 30 minutes early. Two different associates had to keep going back and telling the manager I was here (he was on an important phone call.) He came out and apologized. I was patient, though (the Rock Revival and Miss Me jeans had my attention the whole time I was waiting.) After about 30 more minutes, the assistant manager came and gave me my interview on the sales floor. We kept having to move around, because customers kept coming where we were. They apologized again for the long wait and said they would contact me between 48-72 hours to let me know if I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Buckle.

I applied online mid-January this year. A few hours later, I received an email asking that I call and schedule an appointment date for my interview. It was Sunday, so I waited until Monday at 2pm before giving them a call.

When I called, one of the employees answered and I stated my name and my business. She asked me to hold while she got the manager. After about two minutes of background noise, the employee returns and tells me that the manager is busy. Red flag. I had her leave a message for the manager anyway, but i never received a call back.

Fast-forward to this morning. I just received an email regarding the status of my application; it was a rejection letter. Mind you, I never received any communication from management or elsewhere, so that email was the icing on the cake.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react if your manager was incompetent and refused to do their job?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Buckle.

Buckle does not value anyones time. I got there at 2:40pm and wasn't interviewed till 3:30. Last 7 minutes. I drove 2 hours and it was a complete was of time. Disrespectful

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Buckle.

3 stages of interviews, all very nice people and super helpful with answering my interview questions. Interviews were held on the floor. Spoke with the manager of the store. Girls are really friendly there.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Buckle.

Applied online and got a call the next morning asking to come interview. The interview was really laid back just standing up at the back of the store. I wore nice interview clothes but felt a little over dressed as every other employee was wearing jeans. His questions were normal asking about previous jobs and about school. He asked if I had any school projects that applied to this job. He seemed a little uneasy that I hadn't had previous retail experience. He said he'll call with an answer within a week so I'll update this post once I find out

Sales Teammate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Buckle.

The biggest thing is being friendly, fun, and fashionable! We love people with personality and a great sense of fashion! Please be yourself! And if you know other people that might be interested, we're always looking for recruits. But I must as as a side note, don't get aggravated by the pay. As you get better at showing the product and doing presentations, your sales will be much higher which makes your paycheck much higher! I promise you that it's the most fun job you'll ever have! It's a great company to grow and improve not only through life but through sales and fashion and connecting with people. I love my team and my managers and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I hope that everyone who reads this is encouraged enough to apply at the Buckle nearest you!

Interview Questions
    • i was asked a lot about my interests, hobbies, and availability!   Answer Question

FREIGHT COORDINATOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Buckle in February 2015.

All Buckle interviews are conducted on the floor. So be prepared to stand and possibly move around if the floor is busy. Show up 10-15 minutes early. Smile and relax. They hire self assured, confident people who are eager to learn. Don't be cocky but just happy to be there at all.

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to work for this company?   View Answer