The Buckle Interview Questions & Reviews

255 interviews

2.3

Anonymous Employee  in  Flint, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Buckle in June 2014.

So I show up to the store and the staff were looking at my strangely and I tell one of the associates that I had interview. She gives me a dirty look and chuckles and told me to walk around and look at stuff and that the interviewer would see me in a few. I walk around awkwardly for about 20 min... One of the associates looks at me and tells me she liked my outfit in a snotty, stuck up attitude. It's like really? Your outfit is hideous. The girl comes out and asks me if I was who she was interviewing and I told her yes, and she said in a very condescending way, oh I figured while judging my outfit, as she's wearing an ugly oversized poop green sweater with a black maxi skirt. So right off the bat, I could tell she already made her decision about me. She asked me questions and kept rolling her eyes and being condescending the whole time. Told me this was a personality test and IF I pass aka if she liked me I would get a second interview. I felt uncomfortable and awkward. She thanked me and gave me a dirty looked. Talking down on me... Yeah... You're a manager at a retail store. You're not that cool. She was very rude and unprofessional. I'm not the prettiest or skinniest girl ever, but she should've at lease treated me like a human being.

Interview Questions
    • What are your plans after school.... What do you plan on doing with your schooling.   View Answer

Sales Associate (Part -Time Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Buckle in May 2014.

I applied online, and got the generic emailing saying to call and schedule an interview time. So the next day I did just that. I went in and waited around and looked because the manager was not ready. It was a really easy going interview, I thought I did really well, but apparently not because I did not get a call back (like he said I would). But I was fine with it because 1. I'm not a fan of their style of clothing and 2. the pay is not good.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, everything was straight forward and to the point.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Buckle.

The interview process takes place with the Store Manager first and then it will take place with the District or Area Manager depending on what position you are applying for. All interviews take place on the sales floor and usually take between 5 to 10 minutes. After the interview is over, they will either immediately offer you a position, or they will tell you that you will receive an email. Nine times out of ten, an email means you were not selected for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to influence or impact a team. What were the results??   Answer Question
    • Do you consider yourself an assertive person? Tell me about a time where you had to be assertive and it paid off.   Answer Question
    There was really no negotiating with them. Everyone is put on a base rate + commission unless you are a Manager in Training and only depending on the volume of your store may you be offered an hourly rate.

Sales Teammate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Buckle in April 2014.

Very simple interviewing process. Asked simple questions that you would be asked at any interview. I was asked about myself and how I worked with a team. I was also asked about past work experiences and what I did at previous places of employment. I was asked about experiences at school.

Anonymous Employee  in  Cedar Hill, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Cedar Hill, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Buckle in June 2013.

I stressed out the whole entire week about what I would wear to this interview. I wore fashionably ripped jeans, sparkly belt, and one of those cold shoulder tops (Hint: If you walk in and the manager says "cute outfit!" you most likely didn't get the job) . I came in for my interview and had to wait for about 10 minutes to speak to the manager. The interview was held standing at the back of the store while others were shopping. We talked for a bit. He was fake nice. He told me he had a ton of other applicants and that he would get back to me in a few days. It was at least 3 weeks and I got an email stating that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Strengths weaknesses, "tell me about yourself" All the basic nonsense people ask. No extremely difficult questions were asked   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Buckle in May 2014.

I applied online and received an email the next day to schedule an interview. The interview was easy the manager took me in the back of the store and asked a couple questions. It lasted about 10 minutes

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Buckle in April 2014.

Took the online assessment after filling out the application, got the email asking me to call to set up an interview. It was late so I decided to call the next day. The next day around 10 am I called back and they said they had no openings.. So I called back the next day and they said they would call me Monday which they never did so I ended up calling them and got an interview for the next day. Right when I walked in the manager was ready she took me to the middle of the sales floor and interviewed me. I could tell she was judging some of my responses. She asked me why I thought I had excellent customer service skills and looked at me like i was an idiot after I answered. She got my hopes up by explaining what the second interview would be like then the next day I received an email saying I was not accepted which upset me because they couldn't even call instead they sent an email. I'm pretty sure I didn't get the job because I didn't fit the "look" they judge you right away. Also, I wore black slacks and a cute dressy shirt that looked like it was from the buckle I curled my hair and wore dangly earrings.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at The Buckle in July 2010.

The Buckle focuses on six things for a teammate application. Those six things are customer service, fashion motivation, relationships, selling style, and work style. Broken down this would be something like this:

Customer service - Evidence of a value system, especially related to customers, work, and rightness.
    Fashion - This is a no brainer...be fashionable
    Motivation - Individuals with a strong motivational drive who are basically hardworking, goal oriented and ambitious.
    Relationships - able to build strong relationships both inside and outside of work. Basically you need to be able to build rapport with everyone
    selling style - people who aren't afraid of being told no and are able to overcome objections and challenges.
    Work style - people who are able to move quickly and efficiently without needing a ton of direction

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you believe your biggest strength and weakness is and why you think you're the right fit to work here.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Buckle in February 2014.

I came into the store and asked for the manager. An employee told me he was out and that I could look around the store. He came into the store five minutes later and asked me to meet him at the front of the store in ten minutes. He asked about ten question and the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were easy and expected. Why do you want to work here? Are their any long term or short term goal that might cause you not to work as much?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at The Buckle in January 2010.

Easy interview. Just stand out and make a name for yourself to get hired and why they should hire you.