The Buckle Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.3

124 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Buckle in September 2014.

I applied online and within a couple hours I got a call asking to set up an interview. I arrived 5 minutes early to it and walked up to the employees and one turned out to be the manager and she took me to the back of the sales floor immediately to give me the interview. The question she asked were simple and along the basic lines of why did you choose buckle, and what would so-and-so say about you if I were to call them. I told her about my previous duties at my last job and when I told her I did freight she said that the need for sales associates were tighter but they needed someone to work freight and asked if I would be interested which I said I was. All in all it was a very good interview because we got along and I was able to make her laugh a couple times and when it ended she said she would give me a call later that night. Within 20 minutes I got a call from her and she offered me a sales associate position, which I was surprised about because it was a limited position, and I accepted. It was a very easy process and everyone seemed very nice.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose buckle?
    What is something you could improve on?
    Explain your style.
    Describe a situation where you displayed working in a team.
      View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Buckle

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Buckle in August 2014.

Applied online, emailed within 2 hours saying I should call to schedule an interview. Interviewed next day. Thought I was connecting really well with the manager but was emailed a week later saying I wasn't selected. Very disappointed because I'd already met several people in the store after modeling for them in a fashion show and I was looking forward to having them as coworkers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Buckle in August 2014.

Shallow shallow and more shallow. This store hires pigs of men but the women have to fit unrealistic standards and if you don't, you're immediately disqualified in their minds no matter what your qualifications are. Interview is held unprofessionally towards the back of the sales floor and the hiring managers have this egotistical aura and openly judge you as well as patronizingly smirk or laugh as and when they please.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Buckle.

I did an online application and received an email that same day to call and set up an interview. Scheduled for the same week. I interview was done at the back of the store just like everyone said. Very laid back. There happened to be a lot of people interviewing that week and the manager was turned off ft the fact that I was just looking for a summer job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Buckle in January 2014.

I had 2 interviews, the first was the real one and the second is where you will most likely be hired. The interview was generic questions. Ex. "What do you like about the Buckle?"

Interview Questions
    I probably could ave negotiated better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Buckle in May 2014.

I applied through their website and was contacted the very next day for an interview. When I arrived (10 minutes early) there were 2 other girls there but it was not a group interview.

The manager was very laid-back and funny and you can tell that she was trying to make the interview go as smoothly as possible. The interview process was about 20 minutes long and it was scorching outside, thankfully I didn't wear any face make-up.

Before my interview, there was a girl there waiting on her second interview. The guy at the cash register had said that on your second interview, if you get one, if you're not invited back into the store, you did not get the job. While it was my turn next, I was myself and answered honestly, not just telling her what she wanted to hear. After the Interview she had asked me to come in the next week for a second interview.

On my second interview which lasted about 10 minutes, she told me about company policies such as dress code, sales, and working on commission (yes you do work on commission in addition to having a regular paycheck) she made a note to say that if you are not doing well making sales, your hours will be cut. It wasn't a big deal to me because I have experience in sales, but I never had or heard of anyone getting their hours cut before that. After that, she told me she really wanted me to become part of the staff.

I told her I would think about it because after she told me about a long list of "Don'ts" in the company policy, I wasn't so sure I wanted to work their anymore.
    First, the dress code. You HAVE to wear 3 shirts, pants, accessories, and shoes from The Buckle. If you're not familiar with their prices, think of it as an American Eagle, but much more over-priced. They give you 30 days to buy their clothes and wear them. Money is not an issue, but at the same time, I will not spend half my paycheck buying $80 jeans and $28 a piece for 3 different shirts. - out the question.

Second, they DO fire you (at least at this Buckle) if you are not bringing in the sales which sometimes can be hard to get.

I called back letting her know that I was grateful for the experience and the offer, but I would have to decline.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Buckle?   View Answer
    • Describe the fashion of Buckle and how do you fit?   View Answer
    • Name a time you dealt with Loss Prevention. How did you deal with it?   View Answer
    • What makes you stand out from any other person wanting this job?   View Answer

Policies were beyond strict and the pay was much lower than expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Buckle in June 2014.

I applied online and got an email around an hour later saying to call the store and set up an interview. I did so and my interview was the next day. I had my interview with the store manager who was in his 20's (as am I) and it went well. I could tell that this would be a little bit of an unprofessional atmosphere, but I really needed the money so when he offered me the job at the end of the interview, I accepted. I had my first day of work/training a few days later. At that point, I knew this job wasn't for me. I have worked in retail before, and this wasn't ever a problem for me. I felt that the management and the other sales associates working there were too unprofessional. The store manager was pompous, judgmental, and overall a rude person. I quit a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions. None of them were difficult. Some tips- wear Buckle! Their jeans are their most important sale item. Wear any brand of jean that they carry in the store and that will be a major plus. Know some of the brands they carry beforehand- just be educated about the company and show general interest in the types of styles they carry.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You get a base which is below minimum wage, and then a commission on your sales.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Buckle in May 2014.

I sent in my application online was was emailed back for an interview later that night. I met with the manager who was very nice, complimenting my skills and outfit the entire time. She said she would call me back on that Friday. It was been more than 3 weeks and still no call. A little disappointed, since the interview went so well and she gave me her word.

Interview Questions
    • Not anything too difficult. Regular things, like tell me about your last job, what do you do at school, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flint, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

So I show up to the store and the staff were looking at my strangely and I tell one of the associates that I had interview. She gives me a dirty look and chuckles and told me to walk around and look at stuff and that the interviewer would see me in a few. I walk around awkwardly for about 20 min... One of the associates looks at me and tells me she liked my outfit in a snotty, stuck up attitude. It's like really? Your outfit is hideous. The girl comes out and asks me if I was who she was interviewing and I told her yes, and she said in a very condescending way, oh I figured while judging my outfit, as she's wearing an ugly oversized poop green sweater with a black maxi skirt. So right off the bat, I could tell she already made her decision about me. She asked me questions and kept rolling her eyes and being condescending the whole time. Told me this was a personality test and IF I pass aka if she liked me I would get a second interview. I felt uncomfortable and awkward. She thanked me and gave me a dirty looked. Talking down on me... Yeah... You're a manager at a retail store. You're not that cool. She was very rude and unprofessional. I'm not the prettiest or skinniest girl ever, but she should've at lease treated me like a human being.

Interview Questions
    • What are your plans after school.... What do you plan on doing with your schooling.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cedar Hill, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Hill, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Buckle in June 2013.

I stressed out the whole entire week about what I would wear to this interview. I wore fashionably ripped jeans, sparkly belt, and one of those cold shoulder tops (Hint: If you walk in and the manager says "cute outfit!" you most likely didn't get the job) . I came in for my interview and had to wait for about 10 minutes to speak to the manager. The interview was held standing at the back of the store while others were shopping. We talked for a bit. He was fake nice. He told me he had a ton of other applicants and that he would get back to me in a few days. It was at least 3 weeks and I got an email stating that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Strengths weaknesses, "tell me about yourself" All the basic nonsense people ask. No extremely difficult questions were asked   Answer Question

Worked for The Buckle? Contribute to the Community!