The Buckle

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.3

131 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Buckle.

The Interview was very easy. The first question I got was why I chose Buckle. The person interviewing asked mainly personal questions and If I had held any leadership responsibilities.

Interview Questions
  • "Why did you choose Buckle?" Think of a really good response for this question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Buckle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied online – interviewed at The Buckle in November 2014.

I arrived to the store 10 minutes early. The hiring manager was on the phone so I looked around for about 10-15 minutes. Once he was available, we went to a table by a coffee shop right across from the store (,in a mall). He started off with general questions about how I spend my time now, education, previous work experience, availability, etc. I felt very comfortable and it was a more laid back interview. The interview lasted maybe 20 minutes. I left feeling positive about it and he said he will call or email within a few days to let me know.

Interview Questions
    Be bubbly, outgoing, smile!!!, dress fashionable but not over the top, do some research on current styles they sell, offers, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at The Buckle in November 2014.

I was told to wait because the manager was busy ( even for a scheduled interview red flag ) and to look around the store . Upon looking I noticed this was a store for teens and college students. I wore black slacks , nice top , flats and a coverup . It was odd that they interview you in the store on the sales floor with all the other employees within ear shot judging you on your professional interview clothes vs your skills. It was generic questions and the manager keep looking like she was writing stuff down BUT SHE WASNT.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sale to a customer in this store.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Buckle in October 2014.

I filled out an online application and got an email within five minutes asking me to call for an interview. I called and scheduled my interview and then was called a couple days later by the manager wanting to schedule an interview. I told her I already had scheduled my interview. The interview was held on the sales floor during a non busy time and went well. She asked me basic, scripted questions. When she got to the question about how much I would like to get paid, her jaw about dropped when I said that I thought $15 an hour would be fair. My jaw dropped when she informed me that the pay was $6.50 an hour plus comission. I would never work for less than minimum wage. Even bartenders and servers make minimum plus tips. I had an interview the next day with another company and was offered a job with a higher wage than I expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Buckle in September 2014.

I applied online and within a couple hours I got a call asking to set up an interview. I arrived 5 minutes early to it and walked up to the employees and one turned out to be the manager and she took me to the back of the sales floor immediately to give me the interview. The question she asked were simple and along the basic lines of why did you choose buckle, and what would so-and-so say about you if I were to call them. I told her about my previous duties at my last job and when I told her I did freight she said that the need for sales associates were tighter but they needed someone to work freight and asked if I would be interested which I said I was. All in all it was a very good interview because we got along and I was able to make her laugh a couple times and when it ended she said she would give me a call later that night. Within 20 minutes I got a call from her and she offered me a sales associate position, which I was surprised about because it was a limited position, and I accepted. It was a very easy process and everyone seemed very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose buckle?
      What is something you could improve on?
      Explain your style.
      Describe a situation where you displayed working in a team.

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Buckle in September 2014.

Well like everyone else I got the generic email from Buckle for me to call them after I had passed their assessment test online, few days later I came in for my interview. I dressed up all nice wore a pretty BKE boutique lace tuxedo top and some black leggings with heels.

I don't understand why they have it out in the middle of the sales floor by the jeans. As soon as the interviewer met me she gave me this look and knew right away I wouldn't be considered.

She was turned off right when I told her Saturdays I would be unavailable. Seems like I did better asking questions then answering them, even though I gave the best answers I could it didn't seem like they were the "right" answers for her. I asked her questions like, "What do you like about working here?", "How did you become manager?", and when I asked her "Is there anything about me that would make you not hire me?" She couldn't even look at me in the face with her response and lied to me saying there was nothing wrong and that she had other candidates to interview. Today got a letter saying I wasn't selected. So basically if your not pretty, skinny or outgoing you are not considered like what most of the people said on here.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? Who do you talk to when your having a bad day? Do you have plans to go back to school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Buckle in September 2014.

I applied online on a Sunday and received an automatic response email immediately. When I called back, a manager scheduled an interview with me the next day at 1:00. I wore slacks, a lace shirt and a blazer and came in about 15 minutes early. The manager was busy so I was asked to shop around for awhile until she was able to interview me. This took place on the sales floor near the back. Most questions were about how this job will help myself and my future, and the interview only lasted about 10 minutes. I was called back the following Monday with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were very basic, standard retail questions. She asked if I'd heard of their other programs, however, and I wasn't sure to which she was referring.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate, as I had gotten another offer from a similar retail chain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at The Buckle in September 2014.

The interview is in the back of the store just by some racks or shelves. It was only about 3 minutes. They ask you generic interview questions. Midway through the interview I kind of felt she already made her choice. She didn't seem all that interested the whole time. I feel like they don't really get to know you and how you really are.

Interview Questions
    • Your strengths and weaknesses. Do you she here a lot. What are some of our brands. How would you greet a costumer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Buckle in August 2014.

Shallow shallow and more shallow. This store hires pigs of men but the women have to fit unrealistic standards and if you don't, you're immediately disqualified in their minds no matter what your qualifications are. Interview is held unprofessionally towards the back of the sales floor and the hiring managers have this egotistical aura and openly judge you as well as patronizingly smirk or laugh as and when they please.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Buckle in August 2014.

Applied online, emailed within 2 hours saying I should call to schedule an interview. Interviewed next day. Thought I was connecting really well with the manager but was emailed a week later saying I wasn't selected. Very disappointed because I'd already met several people in the store after modeling for them in a fashion show and I was looking forward to having them as coworkers.