The Buckle Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Buckle.

The interview took place on the sales floor in the back of the store. The manager asked me a few questions about why I wanted to work there and how good I was at selling at my last retail job. I asked on the phone when they scheduled my interview if I should dress professionally or if I should wear something I would wear if I worked there. The manager said, "Wear whatever you think is appropriate." I ended up wearing black pants and a nice top just to be safe. I could tell she liked me but was skeptical about my style because they asked me back on another day for a five minute interview with a team lead, probably to evaluate how I dressed and whether I would fit in. That time, I wore a more casual outfit and was offered the position later that day.

Interview Questions
  • Why The Buckle as opposed to the other clothing stores in the mall?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Buckle

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Buckle.

I applied online mid-January this year. A few hours later, I received an email asking that I call and schedule an appointment date for my interview. It was Sunday, so I waited until Monday at 2pm before giving them a call.

When I called, one of the employees answered and I stated my name and my business. She asked me to hold while she got the manager. After about two minutes of background noise, the employee returns and tells me that the manager is busy. Red flag. I had her leave a message for the manager anyway, but i never received a call back.

Fast-forward to this morning. I just received an email regarding the status of my application; it was a rejection letter. Mind you, I never received any communication from management or elsewhere, so that email was the icing on the cake.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react if your manager was incompetent and refused to do their job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Buckle in March 2015.

I applied online, and got a call back about a week later for an interview. The interview was on the sales floor, in the back of the store. I spoke with the Sales Manager, who was super friendly and chill. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, she just asked typical interview questions, and I was offered the job right there.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Buckle in March 2015.

I applied online & got an e-mail saying they wanted to schedule me for an interview. I arrived to the interview 30 minutes early. Two different associates had to keep going back and telling the manager I was here (he was on an important phone call.) He came out and apologized. I was patient, though (the Rock Revival and Miss Me jeans had my attention the whole time I was waiting.) After about 30 more minutes, the assistant manager came and gave me my interview on the sales floor. We kept having to move around, because customers kept coming where we were. They apologized again for the long wait and said they would contact me between 48-72 hours to let me know if I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Buckle.

3 stages of interviews, all very nice people and super helpful with answering my interview questions. Interviews were held on the floor. Spoke with the manager of the store. Girls are really friendly there.

Anonymous Employee in Lima, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Lima, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Buckle in February 2015.

Quick and Easy, Consisted of two interviews. They were very nice, made me feel very comfortable. There is a lot of information given in the second interview, be sure to bring a pencil & something to write on. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Buckle in February 2015.

They take you in the back ask you where you shop & what skills you have. Everything seems great but you are highly misguided with that sense of security. They basically judge you on whether you can afford to shop here first, which by the way you're required to wear Buckle everything. This company has got a lot of work to do with hiring people.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Buckle in January 2015.

Interview was on the sales floor. Reviewed my resume, asked questions, and had a conversation. Made me wait a little bit while she was helping out customers. Sometimes she strayed away from the interview to talk to the other members who were working. All in all, went by smoothly. If you ask questions back and aren't shy it will go well.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Buckle in January 2015.

I received an email and set up my interview. I arrived 10 minutes early and they told me to look around the store. I did and the manager came up to me and asked me things about school and extracurricular activities. The interview went well and the manager said I would receive an email or phone call. But I got an email saying I wasn't selected. The reason had to be because I wasn't available on weekends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online – interviewed at The Buckle in January 2015.

Walked in, was greeted by the manager she was very friendly told her I was there for an interview, She wasn't snobby or acted like she was better than me(which what I was worried about reading previous interviews on here) the other works greeted me and were nice and then they proceeded to help customers and do their jobs. The manager went and pulled my application We walked back by the jeans and did the interview on the floor. I personally liked it on the floor since she is a manager she could keep an eye on the customers. She asked me questions and let me know that they can't hire until March and if I would be interested even if I had to wait till then I told her yes and she said she will either call or email me after she talks it over with the other manager.