The CDM Group

Updated Aug 30, 2014
Updated Aug 30, 2014

2.4

Senior Medical Content Editor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The CDM Group in February 2014.

Met with 7 people up front and two days later received an email and then an offer over the phone. I was tested for an hour and met with two groups of editors. There were questions about my working style, open-ended questioning. Cordial environment.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you were faced with situation in which you felt you were asked something unreasonable?   Answer Question

Copy Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The CDM Group.

I was contacted by a recruiter within The CDM Group and within 2 weeks an interview was scheduled with senior management. I only interviewed with one person. THe interview lasted 2 hours and an offer was made within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There were no challenging questions. It didn't even feel like an interview. It was more a conversation about the industry and discovering what we both believed in when it comes to an effective agency (too bad it didn't live up to the promise).   Answer Question
    Recruiter reached out with offer, I countered and within 2 days had reached a compromise.

Copywriter Interview

Before bringing me in for a formal interview, CDM had me complete a "copy test" that involved responding to several hypothetical advertising/marketing tasks, e.g. design an ad for an eraser, write a fundraising letter from a nonprofit, etc. The test involved five or six tasks in all and took several hours to complete. After submitting the test, I received a call from CDM in several weeks and was asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed with an HR generalist and then with the two senior vice president creative directors who headed the department. The interviews were pleasant, informal, and informative.

Interview Questions
    • One of the SVPs asked me whether, having graduated from an Ivy League school, I might have difficulty working with people without "a pedigree." I found this question to be unexpected but refreshing.   Answer Question
    Being right out of college with no agency experience to speak of, I did not have leverage to negotiate.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Quick, efficient, smooth process. HR is very organized.

Anon Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The CDM Group.

Standard questions, no structure

Graphic Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The CDM Group in May 2013.

I reached out and contacted an employee at CDM Princeton that is an alumni of my college and she set up an interview and got the position approved. I interviewed with her and one other colleague. They were very pleasant and asked me questions about my goals and experiences.

Interview Questions
    • I had prepared well for my interview and had prepared a couple questions of my own so none of their questions were unexpected   Answer Question

Senior Presentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at The CDM Group in January 2013.

I went into the interview and had to wait over an hour while the person in HR ran around looking for another employee to relay some news about ANOTHER employee. By the time I was led into her office, I sat and waited while she made phone calls. By the time we got to my portfolio, she was ready to go on to something else, cut me short and promised I'd be back to continue the interview process. I never was called back.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The CDM Group in October 2012.

A friend had put my name into the HR pool and I received a call to touch base and go over some opportunities. The HR recruiter was extremely down to earth and receptive of my circumstance-- I wasn't looking for anything full time as I didn't have that much Pharma experience. I was asked to come in and interview anyway and then was able to receive a freelance Account position-- which is typically uncommon. The interviews were very straightforward-- questions ranged from "Walk me through your resume", "how would you tackle working and spearheading projects where multiple agencies are required to work together," " aside from work, what are some of your personal interests"

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel your experiences in CPG would translate into Pharmaceutical advertising-- do you think there are many commonalities?   Answer Question
    I had been offered an hourly rate of $35, which to me was too low, and I was expecting somewhere in the range of $50-$60. The highest they could go was $40, with overtime also included.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The CDM Group in July 2012.

I emailed HR because I had her email address from last year and asked if there were any openings I could be considered for. She responded and said there was a freelance opportunity, which I was fine with, even though the position was lower than my current title. I met with the VP Account Supervisor, who was ok. Normal questions like what's your normal process from start to finish for a project, describe your daily responsibilities, etc. Then I met with the Account Supervisor who was very sweet. It was strange to interview with her because that's typically my position, but I was able to make it work.
    I was surprised that I had to meet with the VP Managing Supervisor for just a freelancing position, but I did and it was okay. The only thing I didn't like was that she said I wouldn't be offered an extension after my assignment ended so I should expect one. Way to stay motivated.

Interview Questions
    • All standard and frequently asked interview questions.   Answer Question
    I asked for a little more money from the first rate I was quoted, and I got it.

Adervertising Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at The CDM Group in May 2011.

I had two back to back interviews, that were set up from a contact I have with one of their primary clients.
    The people I interviewed with were extremely welcoming and warm. They are were very positive and very engaging. my first interview was very informal and it seemed that they more wanted to get to know me than to examine me. The second interview was more structured, but still laid back, and more of a conversation than an interview.
    My advice to others would be to be very positive, energetic and to show your true colors. I felt that they most of all want to evaluate how you would fit with the corporate culture more that anything. The people there seem to be very dynamic, creative and open-minded.
    My interviews were last week and I was informed that I will be contacted by their HR soon to set p the next steps in the recruiting process.