The CENTECH GROUP

Updated Nov 29, 2014
Updated Nov 29, 2014

1.2

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The CENTECH GROUP.

The hiring manager didn't advertise the position until he was ready to hire me. He had my resume previously. The interview was not an interview at all, it was more of a recitation of the job requirements and some fluff about the company

None. I was running out of time with my previous employer who was closing up their local shop. I expected to be let go within weeks. The offer was reasonably in the range of my previous job so I took it.

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The CENTECH GROUP.

Some of the most bizarre questions from the CEO.
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    What can you offer my company?
    How long would you like to work here?

2 back and forth.

Intermediate Systems Administrator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The CENTECH GROUP.

Not much of an interview. Not a single technical questions was asked, as they were simply tranferring employees from one employer on an old contract, to a new employer on a new contract. Also, getting lied to about salary adjustments to offset high benefit costs isn't exactly very professional.

And, yes, the spelling of the job title is correct, at least to the employer it was. That was on my actual offer sheet. I guess they never heard of spellcheck.

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked, position was pretty much guaranteed.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. This was basically a transfer from one contract to another, under a new employer, TCG.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The CENTECH GROUP in September 2009.

Process involved a series of interviews, culminating with the CEO. I know now that all preceding interviews were perfunctory -- the only one that counts is the CEO, who asks increasingly bizarre questions. The questions center on an attempt to identify entrepreneurs, but I learned later entrepreneurship is not allowed -- only talked about.

Interview Questions
    • Do you agree that no good comes of challenging a customer?   View Answer
    No negotiations -- was easy

Trainer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The CENTECH GROUP in May 2008.

A former colleague knew of a job, in fact wanted to get someone to take his job (which he did not like). He set up the interview and recommended that I be hired. I interviewed with the training manager with my colleague present. She liked what she heard, checked my references, which were superb, and hired me. The only hitch was the clearance process, which the government contractors screwed up.

Interview Questions
    • Provide samples of training materials that I had produced.   View Answer
    I asked for certain salary, which was above what they were planning on offering me. They thought about for a day or so, checked additional references, got clearance from upper management, and made me the offer.