The Cambridge Institute of International Education

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.8

Middle Management Interview

Totally scattered, and unprofessional. They have no idea who they are interviewing, and what position they are interviewing for. You could end up spending hours there with no previous knowledge that this may happen. Interviewing 101 is that you tell prospective employees how long the interview may take. They also said they would move fast but it took weeks, and lots of follow up on my part after being shifted around multiple times.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult is that they can't really answer your questions.They could talking about how fast they are growing, and it certainly shows in that they just can't manage it.   Answer Question

After reading all the previous employer reviews and being able to see the writing on the wall due to their rapid expansion I could tell where this is headed.

Staff Accountant - Waltham MA Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education.

The WORST company that I interviewed with. The whole interview process is really NOT professional, and made me feel not comfortable. But HR staffs are really nice and friendly. Stay away from this company!!

Education Project Senior Management Commissioner Interview

Two managers interviewed me separately. Both of them are friendly but professional. One of them gave me a brief introduction of the company and asked me questions about my former experiences. The other one asked me some concepts of my major. In a word, This company gave me a good impression today.

Interview Questions
    • Ask me for specific examples that can prove how I can deal with different situations.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education.

Not a very proactive interview scheduling process... The recruiter was very pleasant, but seemed scattered, and oddly, he used absolutely no punctuation in his emails. (Grammar is important, people!) When I went in, I spent time with several people, who asked standard interview type questions. Pleasant enough people, but a bit hard to read, and seemed unclear as to exactly what they are looking for in the new hire, which could be why the role has remained open.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were standard, nothing earth shattering. However, my age was brought into play. (I am only 40, so hardly ready to collect SS benefits yet!) Apparently, they have a staff averaging mid 20's, with extraordinarily high turnover rates, and a work ethic that "differs from those" in my age bracket. (This is what I was told.)   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education in July 2014.

Skype interview, was recruited by indeed. Met with the coordinator who was pleasant. Spoke about classroom experience listened to description of the position and answered her questions. Had a good experience in that part of the process. The interviewer made it sound appealing and was willing to work with me since needed to relocate for the position. I felt good about it at first until I started working there.

Interview Questions
    Pleasant actually. Felt the offer was fair. Then the coodinator switched her focus, so had to work with an incompetent person.

International Program Consultant Interview

I received a call and spoke with a representative from Boston. Soon after, I had an in-person interview for the IPC position. I did not receive any follow-up emails or calls regarding the position. Frankly, it was a waste of my time.

International Program Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education in June 2014.

They emailed to set up a phone interview and then were not accessible and did not call at the time that they set up. They did not quickly respond to emails. Once a 1 on 1 interview was carried out they never called back to update on the next step in the process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you treat a school client that does not want to take your advice because you do not have the same experience in the field?   Answer Question

Associate Director Strategic Development/Business Development Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education.

I have never written a review on glassdoor, but my experience was so terrible and the place is so unprofessional I felt compelled to do so.

I applied to the Associate Director position via LinkedIn. I was contacted via email one day later by a recruiter from the company. In the email he sent a questionnaire for me to answer and said we'll schedule a phone interview after that. The questionnaire was pretty straight forward (Why did you apply for this position? What are you looking for on your next job? Are you willing to travel? Etc.) One question was: Are you willing to relocate? To which I answered: NO.

I send the questionnare back and we schedule a phone interview for the next day. It wasn't much of an interview really as they didn't really ask me anything about my background, the person just spoke about the company, specifically about how fast it's growing, giving me the exact number of employees each year since the company was founded in 2009. The ONLY question the person asked me is if I was willing to travel, to which I said "yes" and that I would enjoy a little bit of traveling every now and then. That was it, that was the whole "phone interview". He asked me to come in for an in-person interview two days after.

I commuted to Waltham (I live in Boston and don't have car, it took me a good 45 minutes by public transportation to get there). Once I arrived, the person with whom I spoke on the phone greeted me and talked to me for a few minutes (the interview was going to be not with HR but with the person whoever got the role would report to). In the few minutes I spoke with the person from HR, again I got the speech about how fast the company was growing and the exact same employee numbers per year. He also shared more information about the company which were useful. He asked again if I would be willing to travel a small amount, to which I said yes. Nothing out of the ordinary at this point.

I then met with the person who would be the manager for whoever got this position. The guy was nice, but the interview was long and tedious, it lasted 1 hour and 45 minutes! 105 minutes for an interview??? It's the longest I've ever had for sure. It started as: "Why did you decide to go to the high school you went to?" "What did you like and dislike about your experience in that high school?" etc, I am almost 30 years old now and have a graduate degree from BU and 5+ years work experience, so as you can imagine, this took forever as he asked this type of questions for EVERY SINGLE thing on my resume. In my experience, a good interviewer is able to extract the information they need from an interviewee a lot faster and without having to ask the same questions over and over again about every single bullet point on your resume.

Once the interview was coming to the end I asked details about the position. The guy couldn't give me any specific details as "this is a new position", "it's sort of a little of everything", "trying different projects and see what works", literally is all he said, he couldn't even come up with a concrete answer.

The WORSE part of it all was the following: He said: "The person who is hired for the role would have to spend from 3 to 6 MONTHS at a time in Brazil or Mexico". I was like "WHAT? I am not interested in moving anywhere for 6 months, and you tell me this now? I was so furious I told him how they should a) specify in the job post that this position would require relocation b) Had mentioned it to me when I had the phone "interview". c) ould have mentioned that again at the beginning of the in person interview. NOT after spending almost 2 hours there. The guys response was "Oh, I thought I had specified that on the job post, my bad." There are no words to describe what an unprofessional recruiting process they have and how angry I felt for the way the wasted my time. Once I left, I sent an email to the HR person whom had contacted me at first and I had spoken on the phone to and I basically told him all of the above and the response was this:
    "My understanding of the position was a small amount of travel not to relocate. Sorry you felt it was a waste of your time".
    BTW, I don't feel it was a waste of my time...IT WAS A WASTE OF MY TIME! The whole ordeal took me 4 hours...

If you are out of college and need experience or a job desperately, maybe you can take a chance here. If you are someone like me, who already has several years of professional experience STAY AWAY.

Interview Questions
    • What subject did you disliked most in college? (Thought it was a silly question as I graduated college 10 years ago, I can't remeber which subject I disliked the most. I did go to grad school but he didn't ask about that).   Answer Question

IPC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education.

Seemed like a decent interview. I had to wonder why they were willing to hire me at a higher position than others that had been there for a few years. I am a big fan of being promoted from within. So I imagined that I would be frustrated when I got there.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral based. The HR person was great and professional.   Answer Question

It looked as though they don't promote that much from within. They want you to send your grades and transcript too from undergrad...

Sales Manager of Program Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Cambridge Institute of International Education in April 2014.

I applied online & heard back from Ryan, the recruiter here within a couple of hours. I was asked to fill out a short questionnaire to see if I'd be a good fit for the position. I filled out the info and had a phone screen with Ryan right away & set up a time for an in person interview within a few days.