The Campus Special

Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.7

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Campus Special.

The interview process was quick. I submitted my resume and got a call to do a phone interview with one manager. They just ask you why you want to be an account executive and what your strengths/weaknesses are. After that, you have to do a video interview when they ask you basic behavioral questions. If you pass that section, you get to do another phone interview with a different manager and if they like you, they'll offer the position.

Interview Questions
  • They don't ask difficult questions, but they do want to hear that you have drive and can handle rejection so always say that.   Answer Question
The job was very hard. You work long days and just going in and out of businesses to find owners and try to sell them things. You only get 10% commission too, which I think it really low.

Other Interview Reviews for The Campus Special

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Campus Special.

The interview process consists of one over the phone. An online video essay. then a third interview. They will call a fourth time to confirm your interest before giving an offer. Overall very easy and by the book. A great opportunity that will provide plenty to talk about for the next interview in your life.

Interview Questions
    • They ask what are the most important aspects in sales. I said persistence, presence, and then product knowledge in that order.   Answer Question

Had a better offer

Account Executive Interview

I was hired in like a couple days, so not that hard. you do a phone interview and some other pointless question exercises. It's easy to know what they want to hear. Easiest job I've ever gotten. Then you go to this conference which is paid for, only pro btw, and sit through 4 of the most boring days of your life.

Interview Questions
    • Why do company's like this that take advantage of people make so much money?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Campus Special in April 2014.

First met campus recruiter at a job fair, and gave her my resume. She said we would be in contact, and I later received an email/call promptly. We had a talk/interview, in which case I was given a web interview. After the web interview, I had a phone interview with someone in the headquarter office. Everything was set up well, which is part of the quasi-scam internship they provide.

This should not be considered an internship, but rather a sales job with no base-pay and horrible perks. I was told after the third interview that I would be contacted later that day for the official word on the job offer. I was contacted months later, saying I didn't get the position (which is good because I was offered a better one).

Interview Questions
    • Questions are fairly simple- whose is your idol, what do you need from us to succeed, etc.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Campus Special in April 2014.

1. Phone interview with team manager
    2. Video recording where you must answered questions in a certain amount of time
    3. Phone interview with regional manger
    4. Offer call

After the often you must sign and fax documents. There is also a 4 day training in another city where you meet interns from all over the US. It is all expense paid.

Interview Questions
    • What appeals most to you about this internship? What made you decide this was a good fit for you?   Answer Question
    n/a

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Campus Special.

applied online, got email and initial phone call (basic questions/told me about job), video- prerecorded interview, and on phone interview

Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at The Campus Special.

There is a screening interview and then a phone interview. The screening interview ask basic questions such as: where do you go to school, what is your major, are you active in an clubs/societies/activies. The phone interview has some of those same questions and also asks you to role play a situation for them (gives you a taste of what the internship will really be like and they can get a feel of how your personality and skills will be).

Interview Questions
    They gave me a call and offered me the position and I said yes. They send you to a conference for a weekend in chicago and you get to meet all the other new interns throughout the country. It's really fun and the training is great!

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Campus Special.

After applying online I received a call from a regional recruiter and did a short simple interview. Mostly just questions about my resume. At the end of the call I was told that I qualified for the next round of interviews, which included a video interview and another phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you right for this job? Why is this job right for you? What do you need from us to be successful?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Campus Special in March 2014.

Online application. You get a phone call within a week or two. Then you have a phone interview, which is simple easy questions and they talk to you about the internship program. After that they set you up with a skype like interview. You answer 7 questions while being recorded through your webcam. The questions pop up on your screen and you have anywhere from 5-10 seconds to prepare. Last question you have to give a basic sales pitch. Mine was to convince someone to create a facebook that never had one before and has relocated to a new city. After this you have a final phone interview. More interview questions and they go over your video interview as well.

No negotiation process.

Account Executive Interview

I received a phone call about 3 days after submitting an application. The phone interview basically went over your resume. The next step is a video interview through a website then another interview. Everything is commissioned based and you'll be successful if you live in a place that isn't small like mines since you are required to at least go to 30 different businesses a day without any gas reimbursement.

Interview Questions
    • The answer to everything is hardwork, success, and dedication   Answer Question

I need money to be able to pay bills and gas during the summertime. Also I felt like my town was too small to meet the requirement of 30 business visits a day.