The Campus Special

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Burlington, VT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Campus Special in April 2014.

Interview Details – First met campus recruiter at a job fair, and gave her my resume. She said we would be in contact, and I later received an email/call promptly. We had a talk/interview, in which case I was given a web interview. After the web interview, I had a phone interview with someone in the headquarter office. Everything was set up well, which is part of the quasi-scam internship they provide.

This should not be considered an internship, but rather a sales job with no base-pay and horrible perks. I was told after the third interview that I would be contacted later that day for the official word on the job offer. I was contacted months later, saying I didn't get the position (which is good because I was offered a better one).

Interview Question – Questions are fairly simple- whose is your idol, what do you need from us to succeed, etc.   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Campus Special in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had two interviews for this position - both were phone calls. The questions they asked were relatively easy, they asked me about myself and my previous experiences. Just be very outgoing and enthusiastic and you will do fine!

Interview Question – They had me do a sales pitch over the phone, so be prepared.   Answer Question

Interviewed at The Campus Special

Interview Details – I was hired in like a couple days, so not that hard. you do a phone interview and some other pointless question exercises. It's easy to know what they want to hear. Easiest job I've ever gotten. Then you go to this conference which is paid for, only pro btw, and sit through 4 of the most boring days of your life.

Interview Question – Why do company's like this that take advantage of people make so much money?   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Campus Special in March 2013.

Interview Details – Three phone screenings.

Make sure you nail the role play. Type it out beforehand! You have to sell them their products. Also, on Youtube they have instructional videos for interns. Research those and copy them during the role play. That'll mimick the selling style they're looking for.

Emphasize hard work, emphasize trusting your sales manager and being willing to do whatever they say and advise in order to be successful.

Interview Question – Role play! You have to sell them Campus Special's product. This will happen during your first and second interview.

Also, they'll ask if you believe that hard work or talent leads to success. Say hard work.

They love hearing these phrases: work hard, play hard. And: don't let the highs get too high, but don't let the lows get too low--this is referencing keeping emotional equilibrium throughout the sales process. Be able to handle rejection, and don't get too over-confident when you get sales. They also really believe success is all about fundamentals: hard work, consistency, positivity.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You get 10% of every sale you make (usually interns make $4,000 in commission in 12 weeks), plus tons of sweet bonuses like free ipads, cash bonuses (tooooonnnnssss of cash bonuses! i earned an extra $1,000 over the summer just in bonuses).

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Campus Special in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is all over the phone. My advice is to just be yourself! They are looking for someone who has a great personality as well as someone who wants to succeed!

Interview Question – You will have to do a role play of you (the intern) and the interviewer (business owner)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Every intern is paid the same--commission

You have the opportunity to receive bonuses and prizes!

Account Executive

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Campus Special.

Interview Details – applied online, got email and initial phone call (basic questions/told me about job), video- prerecorded interview, and on phone interview

Interview Question – how would you handle rejection   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Campus Special in March 2014.

Interview Details – Online application. You get a phone call within a week or two. Then you have a phone interview, which is simple easy questions and they talk to you about the internship program. After that they set you up with a skype like interview. You answer 7 questions while being recorded through your webcam. The questions pop up on your screen and you have anywhere from 5-10 seconds to prepare. Last question you have to give a basic sales pitch. Mine was to convince someone to create a facebook that never had one before and has relocated to a new city. After this you have a final phone interview. More interview questions and they go over your video interview as well.

Interview Question – Who is your hero, and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation process.

Account Executive

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at The Campus Special.

Interview Details – There is a screening interview and then a phone interview. The screening interview ask basic questions such as: where do you go to school, what is your major, are you active in an clubs/societies/activies. The phone interview has some of those same questions and also asks you to role play a situation for them (gives you a taste of what the internship will really be like and they can get a feel of how your personality and skills will be).

Interview Question – What do you do if you keep on getting rejected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me a call and offered me the position and I said yes. They send you to a conference for a weekend in chicago and you get to meet all the other new interns throughout the country. It's really fun and the training is great!

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Campus Special.

Interview Details – After applying online I received a call from a regional recruiter and did a short simple interview. Mostly just questions about my resume. At the end of the call I was told that I qualified for the next round of interviews, which included a video interview and another phone interview.

Interview Question – Why are you right for this job? Why is this job right for you? What do you need from us to be successful?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Campus Special in February 2013.

Interview Details – Three total phone interviews with different managers.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a rejection?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Campus Special

Worked for The Campus Special? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Campus Special Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Campus Special employees and interview candidates.