The Canyons Resort Beverage Supervisor Interview Questions

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Beverage Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Canyons Resort (Park City, UT) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied as a current employee in another department that had been shut down. I went through a rigorous interview and testing process for this job. It had been a plum job that payed well at one time, complete with a full time assistant, but management took away the support , and the better pay. Classic scenario of a company on trouble trying to get a great team result on less money and support. Fail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for salary. It was known through local circles that the job I was applying for payed $60K per year or more. When I was hired on I was offered $17 and no assistant. It was still the same job with the same constraints and stress level. They had forced out the original employee, gave the job to her assistant for less money and no assistant. When that person left for the season I was offered the same job at less pay and even less support. The company is bleeding money and of course the first place they look to recoup some of the loss is salaries.