The Canyons Resort Interview Questions

2.2

Beverage Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Canyons Resort (Park City, UT) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied as a current employee in another department that had been shut down. I went through a rigorous interview and testing process for this job. It had been a plum job that payed well at one time, complete with a full time assistant, but management took away the support , and the better pay. Classic scenario of a company on trouble trying to get a great team result on less money and support. Fail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for salary. It was known through local circles that the job I was applying for payed $60K per year or more. When I was hired on I was offered $17 and no assistant. It was still the same job with the same constraints and stress level. They had forced out the original employee, gave the job to her assistant for less money and no assistant. When that person left for the season I was offered the same job at less pay and even less support. The company is bleeding money and of course the first place they look to recoup some of the loss is salaries.

Canyons- Child Care Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Canyons Resort (Park City, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

online

Interview Questions

• How will you guide the children safely to the Gondola as skiers and boarders are walking in the village? How have you resolved situations with a challenging co-worker or guest?   Answer Question

Ski Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Canyons Resort (Park City, UT) in November 2011.

Interview

I heard about a career fair they were holding and attended with what seemed like hundreds of other applicants. I waited for my interview in which I was just asked about my work history which included teahingg swimming. I was then told about company policies like no ear piercings for males which I agreed I could follow since my ears were pierced at the time. I was then told I would definitely have a position and to awate a phone interview with someone else from the department. It went basically the same way and then all I had to do was fill out some paperwork and do a background check all online which made it extremely easy. I started training the following week.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to this position that others could not?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are pretty set on their pay scale as it is all based on experience and certification so I accepted their offer.

Lift Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Canyons Resort (Park City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

upon initial contact, application, I was called by corporate a few days after and pretty much just accepted the job and the terms that applied. along with answering a few background questions ex:drugs/jail. then the day after I was contacted for an interview scheduled the following week. The woman who interviewed me was very, to the point, and good at what she does. I could tell she liked her job and made me comfortable. She ran me through the requirements of the position and referenced past jobs I had that she thought would have provided with certain skills needed on the mountain. as the interview came to a close, I found myself pleased with how she mixed in a conversation about my life and personality. it made the interview process smooth and easy. but!, all this being said, I had given her a few references of current employees (friends of mine) that pretty much scored me the job before I got there. anyways, I have had fantastic experiences with the human resource department since and have made a few good friends. It's pretty awesome when start working for a company and right off the bat, everyone is friend worthy.

Interview Questions

• most difficult questions... there were a few about helping guests find certain things on site. and also a few about the whole layout of the resort...which i had no idea about...but it didnt seem to effect my opportunity.   1 Answer

Negotiation

as the lowest paid job on the resort...there is no negotiating unless you have crazy experience/are a returning employee or have some kind of insane seducing power...which might not even work because they are corporate now.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Canyons Resort in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a phone interview. The phone interview was short and to the point. My interviewer was very friendly and asked me basic questions about customer service and my experience.

Interview Questions

• There were not any unexpected or difficult questions. I was asked to describe the characteristics of good customer service.   Answer Question