The Canyons Resort

3 candidate interviews

Canyons- Child Care Teacher Interview

Canyons- Child Care Teacher
Park City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Canyons Resort in November 2012.

Interview Details – online

Interview Question – How will you guide the children safely to the Gondola as skiers and boarders are walking in the village? How have you resolved situations with a challenging co-worker or guest?   Answer Question

Beverage Supervisor Interview

Beverage Supervisor
Park City, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Canyons Resort in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied as a current employee in another department that had been shut down. I went through a rigorous interview and testing process for this job. It had been a plum job that payed well at one time, complete with a full time assistant, but management took away the support , and the better pay. Classic scenario of a company on trouble trying to get a great team result on less money and support. Fail.

Interview Question – Excel test, which I passed easily.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for salary. It was known through local circles that the job I was applying for payed $60K per year or more. When I was hired on I was offered $17 and no assistant. It was still the same job with the same constraints and stress level. They had forced out the original employee, gave the job to her assistant for less money and no assistant. When that person left for the season I was offered the same job at less pay and even less support. The company is bleeding money and of course the first place they look to recoup some of the loss is salaries.

Ski Instructor Interview

Ski Instructor
Park City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Canyons Resort in November 2011.

Interview Details – I heard about a career fair they were holding and attended with what seemed like hundreds of other applicants. I waited for my interview in which I was just asked about my work history which included teahingg swimming. I was then told about company policies like no ear piercings for males which I agreed I could follow since my ears were pierced at the time. I was then told I would definitely have a position and to awate a phone interview with someone else from the department. It went basically the same way and then all I had to do was fill out some paperwork and do a background check all online which made it extremely easy. I started training the following week.

Interview Question – What would you bring to this position that others could not?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They are pretty set on their pay scale as it is all based on experience and certification so I accepted their offer.

Worked for The Canyons Resort? Contribute to the Community!