The Carlyle Group

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Carlyle Group.

Interview Details – Multi-round on site interview process with typically 4 1-on-1 interview. One interview will always be with an HR representative, and the remaining interviews will be with direct supervisors. The interview may involve interviews for multiple positions, and it is firm policy to interview each candidate for all open positions.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your prior company in less than a year   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was not negotiable

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Carlyle Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen, and a series of in person meetings with various team members to walk through my background and quiz me on my skills. Overall you will find everyone is smart and sharp. Come prepared with at least 5 prepared questions.

Interview Question – Know how to model and talk about waterfalls (not the type TLC sings about)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got them to move on start date, that's about it though.

Information Technology Administrator Interview

Information Technology Administrator
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at The Carlyle Group.

Interview Details – I interviewed with five individuals separately, in a series of back to back, face to face interviews. I interviewed with an administrator, three managers, and a vice president. The position was not listed on the company web site, and I was contacted by a recruiter who coordinated scheduling the interview. The interview was at class A office facilities and prime location on Pennsylvania Avenue NW.

Interview Question – Please tell us about a problem or issue you experienced at a former employer, what the issue was, how you handled it, and what the resolution or outcome was.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Carlyle Group.

Interview Details – You meet with a dozen people before the final offer. Half of those interviewing don't even care and don't want to be a part of the process.

Interview Question – Know your resume. This is not a difficult question, but lots of people mess that up. They can't speak to what is on their resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – hard ball. They are cheap.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at The Carlyle Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – Participated in a phone interview that went well, and a few days later was emailed about coming in for an in-person interview. I was told to allot 2 to 2-1/2 hours for the interview. I showed up (on-time) and met briefly with the HR person. Then met with another person for about 20 minutes. Then waited another 25 minutes for the 3rd person to interview me. Was told that I would hear back from them. Sent 3 personal, handwritten thank you notes to each person the next day. Never heard a peep back from anyone.

Interview Question – How do you handle pressure? What's unique about you? What 3 things do you want us to remember you for?   Answer Question

Asset Management Analyst Interview

Asset Management Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Carlyle Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – They ran their process through an outside firm, which was odd, but upon getting into the office to talk to the professionals there, they were very friendly. I had 3 1-on-1 interviews of about an hour a piece and was constantly drilled on my quantitative skills, but we talked very little about real estate, which is the group I was interview for.

Interview Question – What kind of modeling experience do you have?   Answer Question

Executive Recruiter Interview

Executive Recruiter
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Carlyle Group in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewing process went fine, your typical interview from an executive recruiter for an executive recruiter.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – salary offer

Worked for The Carlyle Group? Contribute to the Community!