The Carlyle Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.9

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at The Carlyle Group.

Interview

Pretty easy, external recruiter talks with you over phone, then you talk with HR and an IT manager. In person interview was a breeze, present yourself nicely and be personable, they will eat it up. The technical questions were not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Went through recruiter. They suggest you accept the initial offer, since they will get paid once you accept.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Carlyle Group.

Interview

Multi-round on site interview process with typically 4 1-on-1 interview. One interview will always be with an HR representative, and the remaining interviews will be with direct supervisors. The interview may involve interviews for multiple positions, and it is firm policy to interview each candidate for all open positions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your prior company in less than a year   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was not negotiable

Information Technology Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Carlyle Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

I interviewed with five individuals separately, in a series of back to back, face to face interviews. I interviewed with an administrator, three managers, and a vice president. The position was not listed on the company web site, and I was contacted by a recruiter who coordinated scheduling the interview. The interview was at class A office facilities and prime location on Pennsylvania Avenue NW.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a problem or issue you experienced at a former employer, what the issue was, how you handled it, and what the resolution or outcome was.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Carlyle Group.

Interview

You meet with a dozen people before the final offer. Half of those interviewing don't even care and don't want to be a part of the process.

Interview Questions

• Know your resume. This is not a difficult question, but lots of people mess that up. They can't speak to what is on their resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

hard ball. They are cheap.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Carlyle Group (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Participated in a phone interview that went well, and a few days later was emailed about coming in for an in-person interview. I was told to allot 2 to 2-1/2 hours for the interview. I showed up (on-time) and met briefly with the HR person. Then met with another person for about 20 minutes. Then waited another 25 minutes for the 3rd person to interview me. Was told that I would hear back from them. Sent 3 personal, handwritten thank you notes to each person the next day. Never heard a peep back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure? What's unique about you? What 3 things do you want us to remember you for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Carlyle Group in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty extensive. Total of 12 people over the couse of three rounds of interviews. Interview is conducted with HR, Hiring Manager, Senior Managers in the department that you working in as well interviews with Stakeholders.

Asset Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Carlyle Group (Washington, DC) in June 2010.

Interview

They ran their process through an outside firm, which was odd, but upon getting into the office to talk to the professionals there, they were very friendly. I had 3 1-on-1 interviews of about an hour a piece and was constantly drilled on my quantitative skills, but we talked very little about real estate, which is the group I was interview for.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Carlyle Group (Washington, DC) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone screen, and a series of in person meetings with various team members to walk through my background and quiz me on my skills. Overall you will find everyone is smart and sharp. Come prepared with at least 5 prepared questions.

Interview Questions

• Know how to model and talk about waterfalls (not the type TLC sings about)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got them to move on start date, that's about it though.

Executive Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Carlyle Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

Interviewing process went fine, your typical interview from an executive recruiter for an executive recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How has our economy affected you and your family?   Answer Question
    • What annual revenue do you think you can bring to the table?   Answer Question

salary offer