The Chamberlain Group

The Chamberlain Group Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Chamberlain Group

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Got an interview offer through campus interview, was asked about my projects and experiences. For screening, I was asked some basic analog circuit questions.

IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Chamberlain Group in July 2011.

This was all done via a recruiter, and I will table any comments regarding recruiters (since they are all the same...worthless). The recruiter set up the interview with the head of IT. When I walked past the Help Desk, which was a total mess. The entire Help Desk had yahoo and other garbage on their screens, reading the news and monkeying around, there was no real work being done.
    The interviewer claimed she was so busy she needed someone to Manage the day-to-day operations. Frankly the questions she asked me were pretty routine, nothing real challenging. Basically the top 5 questions that any google search would produce. No thought or effort put into it what-so-ever.

Interview Questions
    • None. Got the basic "where to you want to be in 5 years". Nothing related to my resume, which I don't think they really even looked at. Nothing regarding my prior 14 years experience, or what my management strategy was. I got the feeling they were just looking for a baby sitter for the IT team, and that I would not be empowered to do much.   Answer Question

Because the job was not for me. It was not a good fit, and it would have been a huge step backwards for my career. I believe the intention was just to baby sit the IT team and get them on track so the actual manager did not have to do things like employee development and mentoring. Plus it was just an interview with the immediate manager, there was no one else who interviewed me, which made me nervous.
    I think I dodged a bullet though, because I believe they wound up out-sourcing the entire IT department.

IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Chamberlain Group in July 2010.

When I walked through the area I would be working in, it looked like a mess. Not well organized, and the staff did not look busy at all. It made me nervous that the place was so disorganized. The rest of the office I walked through appeared to be in order, so it was obvious IT was held in high regard at this company. One look at the working conditions told me that.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were routine, nothing challenging at all. I think they were not looking for a Supervisor so much as a baby-sitter. In other words, the person who interviewed me was the manager, and she was "too busy" to do the day-to-day stuff, so they thought they would hire someone to free up some time for her. I could tell from the questions that this was just thrown together at the last minute, and not a lot of thought was put into this. They did not study my resume at all. Every question they rambled off was straight off the first search results in google for "interview questions".   Answer Question

The company was not for me. I can tell it was not a company that put any sort of pride, thought, or dollars into it's IT Department. Plus, I was able to sense that the current manager was not all that busy that she needed to hire me, so it would have been a mindless job, just sitting there and baby-sitting IT folk. No thank you. Plus, it is my understanding that they have now outsourced that side of the business, so I dodged a bullet.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Chamberlain Group in December 2010.

First got an email to set up interview. Interview was very detailed and the panel where very friendly. Questions included: Tell me about yourself; what can you bring to the team; What would your peers say about you; how would your current manager describe you; why do you want to work for us;

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Chamberlain Group in May 2010.

Quick comunication , interview same day and 1 week to received offer

Interview Questions
    good it was directly with the hiring manager