The Children's Courtyard Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015

1.6

Preschool Assistant Or Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Courtyard (The Woodlands, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Was called in for interview about four days after applied online, completed assesment and submitted consent to background check. Was told to wear slacks and a nice shirt. I brought a copy of my resume and references in a presentation folder and was prepared for standard interview questions after reading up on the company. I was surprised, however, when the manager asked me to talk about myself, separate from work. It surprised me because I had prepared a professional statement talking about my job experience, etc. I included a breif history of where I grew up, what I like to do and my family making sure to revolve around child care and responsibility. I was asked how much I wanted to make there and I danced around it as much as I could, we discussed the daycare discount I would be able to take for my daughter and it made the number much more desirable. I told her 12 and hour would be wonderful so I could offset the cost of childcare but with 45% discount, 10 dollars per hour was even better. I immediately took a tour of the school and got aquainted with the staff. They told me they would need to wait until the director personally submitted my paperwork to the system, and then for approval after that. I was scheduled for a trial hour the following Monday, and was able to play with two different classes. They told me to wear comfortable black pants and a solid shirt so I came in a polo and slacks. Great experience, the only thing that was hard is I never got a clear job offer, and when I asked if I had the job they said yes. So anyway, it was successful. This location was specifically looking for a full time position and I think I fit the position for them so it was a quick process. Great interview, pretty relaxing!

Interview Questions

• What are you going to school in, what is your schedule and how many hours are you looking for?   1 Answer

Assistant Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Children's Courtyard (DFW, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Responded to an online ad for part time assistant preschool teacher. After submitting an online app, I received an email to take an online assessment. After passing the assessment, I received a call from the Children's Courtyard a day later. I went in for an interview the next day. I interviewed with the director, very comfortable, easy going and relaxed atmosphere. Basic interview questions were asked, nothing unexpected. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions. The interviewer was a pleasure to talk to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked what salary I was looking for. The average in that field is 11..

Part Time Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Courtyard.

Interview

Applied online. About a week later was sent an email to complete an online test. After completing and passing the test I was contacted for a face to face interview. There was not much to my interview process. I was only asked a few questions so I really don't remember them. It's really nothing to worry about.

Part Time Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Children's Courtyard (Grand Prairie, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com and was called an hour after applying and was told to complete an assessment they would email me. Once I finished they asked me to call back. The assessment wasn't difficult. It was more of a personality and scenario test. After calling back and being told I passed I was invited to come in for an interview. It lasted about 15 minutes. The questions were simple. They just want to make sure you're a good fit to work with children on a daily basis. She ended the interview and stated she would call me back after my background check came through. She called me back later that evening offering me the position.

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation.

Lead Pre-k Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Children's Courtyard in August 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume, including personal and professional references. This resume indicated my experience as a lead teacher with 10 years in the field. I was sorely disappointed in the rate of may that i was offered, given my abilities and experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what my assistant's duties and responsibilities were.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They tried to low-ball me with a ridiculous number and had to push back for $11.00 per hour.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keller, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Courtyard (Keller, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

There is a timed assessment that needs to be completed and an online application process. After that, the director called and scheduled an interview. At the interview, the director and asst. director where there - lasted about an hour. They ran my background and submitted my paperwork to the corporate office. After about 3 days they called me and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give tough feedback to a parent or customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Teacher- After School Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Courtyard in January 2009.

Interview

Pretty standard for preschool, after school care. I submitted an application online for a different site but did not get the position there, as it was filled too quickly. They passed my application on to another center and I was called for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about experiences and problems with working with children.   Answer Question