The Children's Place

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead

Interviewed at The Children's Place

Interview Details – You initially have to take an assessment when you apply, if you pass the store you are applying for will get your application, but if you fail the store will not receive your application. I had to have an interview with the store manager, another manager from another store, and then the district manager.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult for me because i knew what i was talking about   Answer Question

Interviewed at The Children's Place

Interview Details – Filled out an application, and I did a phone interview with one of the managers. A week later I interviewed in person with the store manager, I got hired and started right away.

Interview Question – Why the children's place   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, they offered and I accepted.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details – Was asked very basic questions, and offered the job shortly after. They "did their homework" and really reviewed my resume and references, so they were prepared and knew already that I would be a good fit.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place in December 2011.

Interview Details – Called for an interview around Christmas time for holiday help, asked me to come in around 1 pm later in the week. I showed up a little early so I waited until the managers interviewing me were available. They asked me very basic questions about my job experience and why I wanted to work for the company.

Interview Question – Nothing truly unexpected, it was very casual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was really available

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details – Very fast! Had 3 interviews in 2 days and an offer on the 3rd day had an interview with the DM the next day I interviewed with regional and then hr and then the DM offered my position

Interview Question – None...very average....what are your goals? What would your current employer say about you? Strengths? Weaknesses? Etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and minimal but I am a poor negotiator

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Children's Place in February 2013.

Interview Details – There are usually two interviews that are conducted. The first one with the Store Manager and the second with the District Manager. The questions asked are typical and easy. They love asking questions that you can give examples to and relate to.

Negotiation Details – You have very little room negotiating the pay rate. Just be up front with what you would like to be paid.

Honolulu, HI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place in January 2012.

Interview Details – hiring and interview process was very pleasant. they asked simple questions. HR was pleasant and i was able freely speak up. questions started like tell me about yourself ? then describe difficult situation you had and how did you solved it. and ect..

Interview Question – questions were very typical .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – its was internal promotion so they just offered 25% kinda like take it or leave it.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details – I got called for a interview about a month after I applied.I felt the manager was unorganized because we just did the interview out in the open in the store.She basically asked my availability, my work experience,told me about the store,etc.

Interview Question – The most unexpected was why did I want to work there,because I never really know how to respond to that.   Answer Question

Manhattan, KS

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted via my cell phone the next day, the manager called me she told me to come next Monday and she was really nice and friendly, then few moments later she told me I'm sorry Monday is a holiday so let's reschedule it on Tuesday, and at first i didn't know where exactly is the children's place and from how nice the manager was she actually told me just come to the mall and I'll send someone to get you which was amazing, then i arrived on tuesday 10 minutes before the interview I met the assistant manager she was surprised she didn't know there was an interview and the manager was on holiday which was a little bit unprofessional i told her if she wants me to come back another day she said no come on in, she was really really nice too, the interview was very friendly i didn't feel like i was doing an interview at all, the assitant told me to call the manager next week, when I did she said I'm sorry we had to go with other candidates, it was a great experience.

Interview Question – NO DIFFICULT QUESTIONS AT ALL.   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Children's Place in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews. first with the district mgr, then the human resource mgr, then the regional mgr. the last 2 were over the phone. The first interview was almost 2 hours. the phone interviews were almost an hour each.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when......there were about 10 of these questions that were long drawn out scenarios. a bit too much of the same thing I thought.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they offered and I accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Children's Place

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Children's Place interview questions and advice. All 163 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Children's Place employees and interview candidates.