The Children's Place Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Completely informal. Didn't ask any real questions. Basically desperate and hired on the spot. Didn't even look at application. Didn't have the hours I requested. I had specifically said I could only work until early afternoon on the application due to my other job.Refused to work around second job and thought they should take priority with their measly 7.25 an hour. Claimed they wanted us on the floor without training ASAP during one of the busiest shopping weekends. Everyone, including the managers, looked miserable. Turned them down and got the eff out of there.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Place (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the Lead position. I had worked at another location as an associate and decided to take the initiative to try for a higher position. I was contacted a few days later for an interview. I came prepared for my Lead interview but their intentions were to hire me as an associate and I feel like they should have told me that very important detail during our phone conversation. They want to pay me what I started with at the other store (I had been working my way up getting paid more) so that was a big bummer for me. the managers were very unprofessional, didn't follow their own dress code and the interview was just not a good interview on their part. I wasn't asked anything other than what my liability was and what my favorite part of the job was. I didn't even got questioned by the store manager.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me any good interview questions, they seemed desperate to hire someone   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation for pay, they were pretty set on what they would pay me

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a group interview (there were 4 of us). The manager was really nice and personable. You could tell she wanted to get a feel of who we were as people first and then experience last. She enjoyed her time with us and the conversations held that only 2 questions were asked (however, i prepared for about 10). The question was asked and then everyone responded in the order we were sitting.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do when you're not working? Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

I interviewed with the Assistant Manager. It was about 30-45 minutes in length. They ask you standard questions about your work experience and reasons for applying. They want to get to know you and your work ethic, and why you left your previous job. Make sure also to review the responsibilities of the position you are applying for and that you can meet them. Make sure that if you have an gaps in your employment that you clarify why they are there.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a time where you needed to correct the behavior of an employee? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Secaucus, NJ).

Interview

I received a call from a corporate recruiter who completed a phone screen. Then I was called to come in for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Easy process, nothing too complicated and most of the questions were very general interview questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

I applied online for a seasonal position and the next week, I called to check the status of the hiring process. The manager pulled my application up and set up an interview for that same day. Interview was laid back and in the back corner of what seemed like the storage room. We talked about my past work experience, what hours I was looking for, and what's to be expected for good customer service. The position was seasonal/temporary but the manager told me that after the season was over, she would decide to keep me or not for a permanent position. Hired me on the spot.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Arcadia, CA).

Interview

Applied online. 2 weeks later got a call for an interview. Showed up and it ended up being a huge group interview. Went to room and was asked one question and that was tell me about yourself. Then was given an overal description and was told we would only get 0-8 hours a week. She said if we were still interested to call in 24 hours to set up another interview. Didn't bother calling back because the hours sucked and I wasn't going to waste my time driving to the mall to only work 4 hours and make nothing at all.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

Hireing was fast and simple.dressing was casual and and manager was friendly.it was busy so everyone was walking around.questions was straits forward .by t over all interview was quick and easy.

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Bronx, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Was very easy, walked in asked for a manager. We had the interview right on the floor. Very basic questions like what previous previous jobs and why you'll want to work here.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied on a Friday online and got a call for an interview the beginning of the following week. Group interview with 2 other candidates on Sunday. The interview took place in the backroom of the store. Had an interview with a sales lead and then with the store manager. They were very personable and easy to talk to. Both asked same questions basically. Took turns rotating answering first so no one had to start every time. Very relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • General tell me about a time you... style questions. same questions asked in about every other interview.   Answer Question