The Children's Place

Getting the Interview

145 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Port Arthur, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Children's Place in January 2014.

Interview Details – Questions on you previous employment and reasons for leaving them. Scheduling concerns

Interview Question – Selling yourself to the manager   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details – Really simple interview, was sat down with a group of applicants and pretty much chatted about past work experience.

Store Sales Manager Interview

Store Sales Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details – Interviews vary greatly. Interviews always get way off topic and end up being about life and random events. VERY OFF TOPIC. Hiring process is that a potential candidate must take and pass an online assessment and then have an interview with a Store Manager. After that, another manager must complete a second interview and then the District Manager and Regional Director will give you a phone interview. Last but no least, Human Resources director will have a phone interview with you. All of these interviews ask unrelated and indirect questions..... Kind of like that test you studying for days and days on end for in college and you take it and realize absolutely NOTHING you studied for is on the test. Completely random and unprofessional interviews. Managers are always under dressed and unprofessional.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult unless you think it is hard to make random conversation up or talk about life.....   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details – One interview, heard back within days, very typical questions

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty standard. Just basic questions about my experience in retail and questions on how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Question – All questions were standard, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details – Filled out application online. Heard back about 3 months later. It had been so long I had forgot about them. Was a group interview first with the Assistant Manger. She asked the basic questions. Then the Store Manager came out and hired us all on the spot. Wasn't put on the schedule till 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult. All basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Centralia, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Children's Place in October 2013.

Interview Details – They called me, told me they were hiring about 10 people. I came in for the interview and all they did was ask me how I would handle a hard costumer and a hard situation and what I would do. Then they asked about school, about where I lived and how I would describe myself.

Interview Question – How would i describe myself?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Parma, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Children's Place in November 2013.

Interview Details – Only had one interview after applying online four weeks prior to getting the call to setting up the appointment. Business casual dress, a little over doing it for this company, but it doesn't hurt. Was asked my experience with customers and how to deal with angry or upset customers? Any prior retail experience? Was able to show the Store manager my personality and various characteristics by the conversation/interview alone. Was hired the day of the interview. Hiring process extended throughout the first week I was there because staff was short and I had to have assistant managers walk me through the application process on the computer.

Interview Question – Did I have any prior experience with cash registers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really much negotiation, she asked me after our off topic conversations when I was available to start.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details – Hiring was smooth and easy. 3 part interview. SM, DM then Regional.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, the offer was what I expected.

Cashier-Sales Associate Interview

Cashier-Sales Associate
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Children's Place in June 2012.

Interview Details – I got hired during the first interview. The store manager at the time discussed her personal life - how she was a single-mom, got divorced in her early 20's, lived with her parents after her divorce, etc. She also failed to print off my application so the questions she asked could have been answered if she looked at my application. There was only one other person in the store at the time of my interview, so I wasn't able to observe the atmosphere.

Interview Question – Being a parent yourself, in addition to going to school full-time, do you think you would be able to commit to working here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was really no negotiation. I was informed at the time of the interview not to expect to be able to pay rent, and if that was my goal, I should probably look for a second job because she couldn't guarantee a lot of hours.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Children's Place

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Children's Place interview questions and advice. All 145 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Children's Place employees and interview candidates.