The Children's Place

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.1

Store Manager Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Lengthy. Had 4 separate interviews, but they were with in a couple days. I had already work for them so it most mostly about were the store was and what we need to grow on. So for a new hire im not sure about the questions they would have asked.

Interview Questions
    • What improvements can be made to hit monthly sales goals?   View Answer
    It was a low ball compared to the ladt manager but after supposedly going to back HR about it a couple times they wouldn't budge. I took it.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

3 interviews, district manager, human resource, and regional manager. they all get together and decide if you are a right fit for the job. All casual you have to answer a lot of personal goal questions and then ask them questions.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

Applied and heard back about a month later. We interviewed as a group. Questions were simple. As long as you answered honestly and your personality seemed like a good fit to work with the others already employed you were chosen

Had orientation the following week.

Cashier-Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Applied online got a call a few weeks later from the store manager asked if I could come in for a group interview. basic interview questions got a call agreement days later to come in for a one on one interview this interview was easy all she wanted to know was my availability and How well I would fit in with her current team next day I started work

If you have experience you can negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place.

I applied online and received a call two weeks later for a group interview with 2 other girls. Pretty basic questions like what my availability was throughout the week and what experience I had in retail. I was also asked if I would be okay with working long shifts on holidays

Cashier-Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place.

I applied online and was contacted about a week and a half later by the assistant store manager. We scheduled an interview for the next week, at the end of which she invited me to a second interview with the store manager. We set up a time a few days later, and I was offered the position at the end of the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with children?   View Answer
    I asked for $9 an hour based on my experience level, but was told they hire all hourly sales associates at a base rate of minimum wage, and I accepted because I needed the job.

Sales Lead Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

I attended a group interview at job fair. Afterwards I was asked to come to a second interview later that week. After that interview I was told that I would have to do a phone interview with the district manager the next day. The phone interview with the district manager went well and within an hour I received a call from the Store Manager informing me that I had got the job!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you displayed exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    No negotiation accepted offer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

The assistant manager was very nice. Really laid back normal interview. No crazy questions. It was more like a conversation if anything. The general manager was very rude and unprofessional. She said she would be in contact with me by Saturday the 8th to let me know if I got it or not.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like the most and least about your previous jobs? Experience? Why childrens place? Etc   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place in November 2014.

The process was pretty simple. I applied online and got a phone call about 2-3 weeks later asking to come in for a group interview. It was very easy and short. It was me and two other girls including the manager. She asked basic questions and told us about the store and what we would be doing. She asked why we liked the store and why we wanted to work there. She also asked about our availability . At the end of the interview she said she would be making call backs tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase, you get 7.50 during seasonal and can be changed if you stay on past seasonal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place in November 2014.

-All online application, extremely time consuming.

-Recieved initial phone call for interview several weeks after completing application.

-Was a group interview, I had been expecting one on one (I was not informed otherwise).

-Initial interview was very casual, I thought I was locked in until at the last minute she said there would be a second interview (would have been nice if she had explained that in the beginning).

-Second interview was a one on one, also casual but touched on more relevant topics and typical questions.

-Wasn't "officially" offered employment until the following week.

Interview Questions
    There was none, she said she could only offer me $7.98/hr with no benefits, no commission, nothing else.