The Children's Place Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.0

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place (Secaucus, NJ).

Interview

I received a call from a corporate recruiter who completed a phone screen. Then I was called to come in for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Easy process, nothing too complicated and most of the questions were very general interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place (Bronx, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Was very easy, walked in asked for a manager. We had the interview right on the floor. Very basic questions like what previous previous jobs and why you'll want to work here.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Interview was quick and easy but in a cornor on the sales floor. I was told i would get a call back in a day or two and i called back and they said i was hired

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place (New York, NY).

Interview

1:1 interview. Asked several questions about how to deal with difficult customers. & Customer service skills. Common sense questions . Manager was very nice. Seemed like a good atmosphere At the time.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer that you ou caught stealing merchandise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place (Elizabeth, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was extremely quick I applied and a couple weeks later received a call for an interview, applying online is quick and easy and then it's all about just being patient.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important thing in working in retail?   1 Answer

Sourcing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and heard from someone in HR about a week later. I went in for the interview where I met with three people in the company. It was about a 2 hour process. I felt as though it went well and was told that I would hear one way or the other within 2 weeks. I never heard from them and when I reached out to one of the HR reps, I never heard back from him. I felt this was very unprofessional. Even if you aren't going to be receiving an offer, it's nice to know that, not just be ignored. If you don't hear back within 2 weeks, you didn't get the job. Don't try to reach out to them, they won't respond.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place (Secaucus, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by Talent Acquisition. Started with a phone interview, contacted the same day to schedule an in person interview with the HR Director, and Hiring Manager. Interview Questions were basic behavioral/resume questions. Contacted the following week to meet with a few of the VP's and upper management. Questions were a little more in depth, but overall the process was enjoyable and I would definitely recommend applying for a position with The Children's Place if your looking for a good environment with great people who want you to learn the business.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to ask a lot of questions. They want to see what you know about the company and how enthusiastic you are about working for them   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Children's Place (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I went in thinking it was a one on one interview and it was a group interview without warning. The other candidates stole each other's answers it was very hard to stand out. Their were candidates that were over qualified and it made it harder for the younger less experienced to get a word in. And the interviewer played favorites not even being fair at all it was ridiculous

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Children's Place (Paramus, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

You apply online, then you do an assessment test online right after applying. If you pass, you're application is sent to the store you applied for. If they choose to call you, you can go in for an interview. Which in my case, was one on one.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked anything. I had previous experience and was recommended by a friend. I was merely asked my availability and if I wanted the job. Not even five minutes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Children's Place (Union City, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

The process was really fast. I prepared a lot by researching the company and looking up questions they might ask. This website really helped a lot! It was overall an easy process and i cant wait too start work! The questions were general asking about your current availablity. I suggest to do your research, try to stay calm, and really answer every wuestion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself And what do you know about the company?   1 Answer