The Children's Place

Updated Nov 28, 2014

1.9

107 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

The assistant manager was very nice. Really laid back normal interview. No crazy questions. It was more like a conversation if anything. The general manager was very rude and unprofessional. She said she would be in contact with me by Saturday the 8th to let me know if I got it or not.

Interview Questions
  • What did you like the most and least about your previous jobs? Experience? Why childrens place? Etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midwest City, OK

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place in November 2014.

-All online application, extremely time consuming.

-Recieved initial phone call for interview several weeks after completing application.

-Was a group interview, I had been expecting one on one (I was not informed otherwise).

-Initial interview was very casual, I thought I was locked in until at the last minute she said there would be a second interview (would have been nice if she had explained that in the beginning).

-Second interview was a one on one, also casual but touched on more relevant topics and typical questions.

-Wasn't "officially" offered employment until the following week.

Interview Questions
    There was none, she said she could only offer me $7.98/hr with no benefits, no commission, nothing else.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

One interview. Very easy and straightforward interview. Just asked about previous experience. The Manager was super sweet. Made me feel very comfortable and offered me a job right on the spot.

None.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place in October 2014.

Manager called to set up an interview about two weeks after I applied. When I showed up the manager was not very friendly. She was kind of rude and acted like she was doing me some HUGE favor by interviewing me.

Asked standard interview questions, really pushed the children's place credit card.

Interview Questions
    • When has someone offered you a credit card and you felt their personality made you want to get the card?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

Applied online. Got a call 2-3 weeks later asking to come in for a group interview. Asked situational questions. Basic working experience questions. Also asking about sales experience and sales goals.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a time that you had to meet a sales goal or a goal? What was the goal and how did you achieve the goal?   View Answer
    No negotiation , I put $7.50 and they offered me $7.25 because thats all they could pay. I needed the experience so I accepted

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Applied online and then had a friend recommend me who was already working there. Got called one hour in advance a few days later for an interview in the back stock room.

Interview Questions
    offered minimum wage and i accepted

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

I applied online within a two days I got a call back to do a group interview after the interview I got a call from the store manager offering me the position. Interview question was basic question.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a example of a experience where you got excellent customer   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Children's Place in September 2014.

I came in for only one interview. She asked me what brought me to the area and why I applied, why I'd be good there and then asked what hours I'd be willing to work/how many hours and how much I was expecting. I told her I have previous experience with Children so it would be a good environment with me & that hours/wage didn't matter to me because it was mostly about the experience, for me.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was why I applied.   View Answer
    She asked me when I would be able to start, during the first initial interview. I said Monday. She said, "Okay, we start out at $8.15. You'll work about 16hrs. Dress code is jeans, close toed shoes, and a nice shirt" then put me into the computer with my social security number, told me when to come in for my first shift & told me about when I'd be paid & how.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ysidro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ysidro, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Place in August 2014.

After completing the online application they call me to schedule an apointment.
    The interview was about 1 hour long with 12 other candidates. They don't give time to every candidate so it's difficult to stand out.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a needy mommy asks for help while you are folding clothes?   View Answer
    • How would you answer calls in the children's place?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Filled out an application, and I did a phone interview with one of the managers. A week later I interviewed in person with the store manager, I got hired and started right away.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, they offered and I accepted.