The Children's Place Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

Applied and heard back about a month later. We interviewed as a group. Questions were simple. As long as you answered honestly and your personality seemed like a good fit to work with the others already employed you were chosen

Negotiation

Had orientation the following week.

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

The assistant manager was very nice. Really laid back normal interview. No crazy questions. It was more like a conversation if anything. The general manager was very rude and unprofessional. She said she would be in contact with me by Saturday the 8th to let me know if I got it or not.

Interview Questions

• What did you like the most and least about your previous jobs? Experience? Why childrens place? Etc   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place (Midwest City, OK) in November 2014.

Interview

-All online application, extremely time consuming.

-Recieved initial phone call for interview several weeks after completing application.

-Was a group interview, I had been expecting one on one (I was not informed otherwise).

-Initial interview was very casual, I thought I was locked in until at the last minute she said there would be a second interview (would have been nice if she had explained that in the beginning).

-Second interview was a one on one, also casual but touched on more relevant topics and typical questions.

-Wasn't "officially" offered employment until the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none, she said she could only offer me $7.98/hr with no benefits, no commission, nothing else.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place (Bensalem, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Quick and easy process/ I walked in a little late but they were quite patient. There are two managers so I had my first interview with the store manager and then right after his Assistant manager came in and asked me questions. They left the room to deliberate and then I got hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

One interview. Very easy and straightforward interview. Just asked about previous experience. The Manager was super sweet. Made me feel very comfortable and offered me a job right on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place in October 2014.

Interview

Manager called to set up an interview about two weeks after I applied. When I showed up the manager was not very friendly. She was kind of rude and acted like she was doing me some HUGE favor by interviewing me.

Asked standard interview questions, really pushed the children's place credit card.

Interview Questions

• When has someone offered you a credit card and you felt their personality made you want to get the card?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call 2-3 weeks later asking to come in for a group interview. Asked situational questions. Basic working experience questions. Also asking about sales experience and sales goals.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a time that you had to meet a sales goal or a goal? What was the goal and how did you achieve the goal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation , I put $7.50 and they offered me $7.25 because thats all they could pay. I needed the experience so I accepted

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

Applied online and then had a friend recommend me who was already working there. Got called one hour in advance a few days later for an interview in the back stock room.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offered minimum wage and i accepted

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

I applied online within a two days I got a call back to do a group interview after the interview I got a call from the store manager offering me the position. Interview question was basic question.

Interview Questions

• Give me a example of a experience where you got excellent customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Children's Place in September 2014.

Interview

I came in for only one interview. She asked me what brought me to the area and why I applied, why I'd be good there and then asked what hours I'd be willing to work/how many hours and how much I was expecting. I told her I have previous experience with Children so it would be a good environment with me & that hours/wage didn't matter to me because it was mostly about the experience, for me.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was why I applied.   1 Answer

Negotiation

She asked me when I would be able to start, during the first initial interview. I said Monday. She said, "Okay, we start out at $8.15. You'll work about 16hrs. Dress code is jeans, close toed shoes, and a nice shirt" then put me into the computer with my social security number, told me when to come in for my first shift & told me about when I'd be paid & how.