The Children's Place Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Completely informal. Didn't ask any real questions. Basically desperate and hired on the spot. Didn't even look at application. Didn't have the hours I requested. I had specifically said I could only work until early afternoon on the application due to my other job.Refused to work around second job and thought they should take priority with their measly 7.25 an hour. Claimed they wanted us on the floor without training ASAP during one of the busiest shopping weekends. Everyone, including the managers, looked miserable. Turned them down and got the eff out of there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a group interview (there were 4 of us). The manager was really nice and personable. You could tell she wanted to get a feel of who we were as people first and then experience last. She enjoyed her time with us and the conversations held that only 2 questions were asked (however, i prepared for about 10). The question was asked and then everyone responded in the order we were sitting.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do when you're not working? Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

I applied online for a seasonal position and the next week, I called to check the status of the hiring process. The manager pulled my application up and set up an interview for that same day. Interview was laid back and in the back corner of what seemed like the storage room. We talked about my past work experience, what hours I was looking for, and what's to be expected for good customer service. The position was seasonal/temporary but the manager told me that after the season was over, she would decide to keep me or not for a permanent position. Hired me on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview

Hireing was fast and simple.dressing was casual and and manager was friendly.it was busy so everyone was walking around.questions was straits forward .by t over all interview was quick and easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Bronx, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Was very easy, walked in asked for a manager. We had the interview right on the floor. Very basic questions like what previous previous jobs and why you'll want to work here.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied on a Friday online and got a call for an interview the beginning of the following week. Group interview with 2 other candidates on Sunday. The interview took place in the backroom of the store. Had an interview with a sales lead and then with the store manager. They were very personable and easy to talk to. Both asked same questions basically. Took turns rotating answering first so no one had to start every time. Very relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • General tell me about a time you... style questions. same questions asked in about every other interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Lithonia, GA).

Interview

It was a group interview in the back of the store. It was just your basic questions about why you want to work there and what would you do with a difficult customer. I thought I did well during the group interview and they said they were very impressed with me so I thought I had a good chance getting the job. However they never called back so I guess they had a change of heart. I'm fine with that because I did get a offer elsewhere for 3 times the money. FYI. As a sales associate you start off at minimum wage and the most hours you would work is 15 hours a week but on average 4-10 hours.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with sales and how would you get a customer to but additional items.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Children's Place in June 2015.

Interview

I did an online application. I was called about a month later. I had two interviews. The workers there are very kind and laid back. Great environment and vibe. Close knit environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Florence, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next week. The following week I went in for a group interview with the assistant manager, along with three other applicants. The questions were basic, nothing difficult. I got a call back at the end of the week to schedule a 1-on-1 with the manager. It was really laid back, didn't take too long, average questions to get a feel for my personality and work ethic. She offered me the job on the spot, and I start next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Children's Place (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview went really well. It was short 25 minutes long. The manager asked me several questions as well as explaining what it is like working there on a daily basis. At the end of the interview she hired me and put me on the schedule.