The Children's Place Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014

1.9

101 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place in October 2014.

Manager called to set up an interview about two weeks after I applied. When I showed up the manager was not very friendly. She was kind of rude and acted like she was doing me some HUGE favor by interviewing me.

Asked standard interview questions, really pushed the children's place credit card.

Interview Questions
  • When has someone offered you a credit card and you felt their personality made you want to get the card?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

Applied online. Got a call 2-3 weeks later asking to come in for a group interview. Asked situational questions. Basic working experience questions. Also asking about sales experience and sales goals.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a time that you had to meet a sales goal or a goal? What was the goal and how did you achieve the goal?   View Answer
    No negotiation , I put $7.50 and they offered me $7.25 because thats all they could pay. I needed the experience so I accepted

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Applied online and then had a friend recommend me who was already working there. Got called one hour in advance a few days later for an interview in the back stock room.

Interview Questions
    offered minimum wage and i accepted

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

I applied online within a two days I got a call back to do a group interview after the interview I got a call from the store manager offering me the position. Interview question was basic question.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a example of a experience where you got excellent customer   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Children's Place in September 2014.

I came in for only one interview. She asked me what brought me to the area and why I applied, why I'd be good there and then asked what hours I'd be willing to work/how many hours and how much I was expecting. I told her I have previous experience with Children so it would be a good environment with me & that hours/wage didn't matter to me because it was mostly about the experience, for me.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was why I applied.   View Answer
    She asked me when I would be able to start, during the first initial interview. I said Monday. She said, "Okay, we start out at $8.15. You'll work about 16hrs. Dress code is jeans, close toed shoes, and a nice shirt" then put me into the computer with my social security number, told me when to come in for my first shift & told me about when I'd be paid & how.

Sales Associate Interview

Filled out an application, and I did a phone interview with one of the managers. A week later I interviewed in person with the store manager, I got hired and started right away.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, they offered and I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

I got called for a interview about a month after I applied.I felt the manager was unorganized because we just did the interview out in the open in the store.She basically asked my availability, my work experience,told me about the store,etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected was why did I want to work there,because I never really know how to respond to that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Place.

I applied online and was contacted via my cell phone the next day, the manager called me she told me to come next Monday and she was really nice and friendly, then few moments later she told me I'm sorry Monday is a holiday so let's reschedule it on Tuesday, and at first i didn't know where exactly is the children's place and from how nice the manager was she actually told me just come to the mall and I'll send someone to get you which was amazing, then i arrived on tuesday 10 minutes before the interview I met the assistant manager she was surprised she didn't know there was an interview and the manager was on holiday which was a little bit unprofessional i told her if she wants me to come back another day she said no come on in, she was really really nice too, the interview was very friendly i didn't feel like i was doing an interview at all, the assitant told me to call the manager next week, when I did she said I'm sorry we had to go with other candidates, it was a great experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I got hired pretty rapidly, thanks to the fact that already knew one of the employees working there. There were three managers I met with all who approved and hired me the very next day.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

I applied online and after two days I have received a call from the store manager for an interview. The process was easy and fast. The manager was really nice and friendly. There were no difficult or complicated questions, just a few questions about customer service.