The Children's Place Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied on a Friday online and got a call for an interview the beginning of the following week. Group interview with 2 other candidates on Sunday. The interview took place in the backroom of the store. Had an interview with a sales lead and then with the store manager. They were very personable and easy to talk to. Both asked same questions basically. Took turns rotating answering first so no one had to start every time. Very relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
  • General tell me about a time you... style questions. same questions asked in about every other interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Anonymous Employee in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place (Lithonia, GA).

Interview

It was a group interview in the back of the store. It was just your basic questions about why you want to work there and what would you do with a difficult customer. I thought I did well during the group interview and they said they were very impressed with me so I thought I had a good chance getting the job. However they never called back so I guess they had a change of heart. I'm fine with that because I did get a offer elsewhere for 3 times the money. FYI. As a sales associate you start off at minimum wage and the most hours you would work is 15 hours a week but on average 4-10 hours.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with sales and how would you get a customer to but additional items.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place in June 2015.

Interview

I did an online application. I was called about a month later. I had two interviews. The workers there are very kind and laid back. Great environment and vibe. Close knit environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place (Florence, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next week. The following week I went in for a group interview with the assistant manager, along with three other applicants. The questions were basic, nothing difficult. I got a call back at the end of the week to schedule a 1-on-1 with the manager. It was really laid back, didn't take too long, average questions to get a feel for my personality and work ethic. She offered me the job on the spot, and I start next week.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Place (Ontario, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

You apply online at their website, filling in the blanks of your information. Then, you take about 30 minutes on an online assessment test where they give scenarios and you have to answer honestly between A or B and sometimes up to E. It has about 3 or 4 different parts of the test.

Interview Questions

• "What would your reaction be if someone (say a co-worker) criticized your work on the job?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview went really well. It was short 25 minutes long. The manager asked me several questions as well as explaining what it is like working there on a daily basis. At the end of the interview she hired me and put me on the schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Place (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Laid back. Easiest interview I've ever done. The managers were very easy to talk to, young, and funny. The interview was held in the back room where clothes and accessories were stored; not an office. However, there were chairs and a small table with a computer in the back corner of the storage room. Seems to be a drama-free atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were apart of a team effort that resulted in a positive outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Children's Place (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on monday and received a call on tuesday . Went for an interview on wednesday , the interview went really well the manager was laid back . it was basicly a conversation. honestly just be your self . GOOD VIBESSS :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place (Elizabeth, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was extremely quick I applied and a couple weeks later received a call for an interview, applying online is quick and easy and then it's all about just being patient.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important thing in working in retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place (Little Rock, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They called about a month later. The interview went well. It was me and the manager. It was short. She told me I had to do the assessment again because I failed. So make sure to try hard on your online assessment! After I did the assessment again she called me the next day and offered me a job. I started working the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work at the children's place?   1 Answer