The Children's Place

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

2.5

Store Manager Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Lengthy. Had 4 separate interviews, but they were with in a couple days. I had already work for them so it most mostly about were the store was and what we need to grow on. So for a new hire im not sure about the questions they would have asked.

Interview Questions
  • What improvements can be made to hit monthly sales goals?   View Answer
It was a low ball compared to the ladt manager but after supposedly going to back HR about it a couple times they wouldn't budge. I took it.

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

3 interviews, district manager, human resource, and regional manager. they all get together and decide if you are a right fit for the job. All casual you have to answer a lot of personal goal questions and then ask them questions.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Very fast! Had 3 interviews in 2 days and an offer on the 3rd day had an interview with the DM the next day I interviewed with regional and then hr and then the DM offered my position

Interview Questions
    • None...very average....what are your goals? What would your current employer say about you? Strengths? Weaknesses? Etc...   Answer Question
    Quick and minimal but I am a poor negotiator

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

Hiring was smooth and easy. 3 part interview. SM, DM then Regional.

Interview Questions
    Simple, the offer was what I expected.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Place.

3 interviews 1. phone/DM 2. Face to face/DM 3. phone/RVP

Interview Questions
    • How do you create a customer service culture in a store that has not had one in over a long period of time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Place.

I was heavily recruited and finally met with the DM about upcoming position for new store manager. I felt my interview with the DM was breeze ( more a conversation), their was no Regional Manager available so I had a phone interview with HR. I got a call immediately following my phone interview with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I have never been asked about my family during an interview. It was off the record of course but it was genuine and felt as if they appreciated associates/leaders that understand family is important and a key role in their success.   Answer Question
    upfront I expressed that I was very happy and i would not leave for anything less that a set amount. I was offered $1.5 more an hour and was pleased that before my job had started that my leader would go to bat for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Normal, nothing special.

there was not one.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Place.

Easiest interview ever. A lot of situational but basic questions. All they really want to know is how much crap you can do in a small amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult questions, just the same stale bottled questions most employers ask   Answer Question
    clear cut. no negotiations allowed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

interviewed at The Children's Place in March 2012.

it took a long time and finding the form online was a tedious, but worth it. I went thruogh a dm and rm interview it took over a month of correspondence

Interview Questions
    • the dm was very at ease and i had no problem answering the questions i do a lot of interviwing myself so im used to them   Answer Question
    it was great because my concern was the insurance and its effective immediately upon hire, the dm offered me a raise and i accepted quickly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Place in March 2012.

First two interviews I had were over the phone with two different district managers the third interview was in person with the district manager and regional manager. I was recruited by a district manager and asked to apply online, the application has a personality test that tales at least 30-45 minutes and it is ridiculous to try and post your resume. I received a call a few hours after I submitted my application and that was my first phone interview, it was about 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of customer service?   View Answer
    District manager called and made an offer for more than what I asked for.