The Children's Village Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.4

Control Room Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Village (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked many situation questions with dealing with children of special needs. Many hours of training will have to be done before actual hiring. This jobs requires many hours in close proximity with special needs children. There are going to be times when I would have to work week ends and holidays. Children with special needs have to be monitored constantly.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do I have in this field? What made me interested in this type of work? Would I be comfortable working with special need children? Would I be comfortable working in this kind of environment?   1 Answer

Sociotherpist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Village in April 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. It was me and four other people. We were interviewed by two employees.The interview was probably about an hour long. We were all asked the same question.

Socio Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Children's Village (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and two days later received a phone call to come in for a group interview. When it was time for the interview, there were eight people all being interviewed at the same time. We were asked a question and all eight of us had to go around the room and answer the same question. It honestly was the strangest interview I had ever been to because instead of asking each person a different question we all heard each others responses and almost everyone piggy backed off of each other. A day later, I received an email telling me to get finger printed and submit references. After I did that, I received a phone call from HR offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to deal with a difficult child   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Village.

Interview

My interview process was slightly unique, I met directly with the unit director who asked me to provide a sample of my writing. After which he asked about my work experience. It was very brief and relaxed however I was able to sense the intensity of how things could get on campus as an officer came in to arrest a child.

Assistant Or Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, GA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Children's Village (Richmond Hill, GA).

Interview

The director at the time was very unorganized, so it took some time before hearing back. Interview was laid back. There was a scenarios sheet I had to fill out. It basically asked how you'd handle certain situations in the classroom. The interview was held while walking around the building. Since they liked me, I was offered to come back on another day to spend time in a classroom. Both were laid back. Just be aware of the hand washing policies and you'll be fine.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Village (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

First interview was 1:1 with the admin. Prior to leaving, the second interview was scheduled with those in the program. (I wasn't told about this part until I was just about to go meet them). First part was meeting a real fool and very offensive. Who asks how long you've been married in an interview? Others ok, somewhat friendly. Tons of questions-be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What did I like to do for fun.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't really one. Got a call from HR, extending the offer and informing me of upcoming trainings I would have to take. I knew the salary offered was the most I could get as I had been told of this. The drug screen was completely downplayed and not really pushed. I didn't even do my drug test until I had been working there for a month. I didn't ask for anything else as I really wanted out of the position I was in more money, easier commute: made sense to me at the time.

Assistant - Strategic Initiatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Village (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview went well in December 2013 for a job that allegedly started in May 2014. In January 2014, HR called to say they wanted to "move forward". I was thrilled and willing to wait til May. It's a good thing I still looked for a job while I waited. In March I began calling just to make sure things were still on track and that I was still the chosen candidate. They said yes but had no further info on the job (e.g. start date, salary) . By the end of April 2014, I placed multiple calls to try to get a definitive answer on the position only to be to be told by someone that they told me the "position was on hold." That never happened! I never received any calls from anyone at the Children's Village. Why would I be calling if I had. I would never work for them now and have accepted another offer. It's a good thing I didn't put all my faith in them because I would have been screwed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The position was posted at $35000 but they asked me what my desired salary was so I told them. We never got to the hiring process because they are so unorganized and lack communication that they never even bothered to contact me to say the job was on hold. VERY unprofessional and apathetic!

Transitions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Children's Village (Dobbs Ferry, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Took about two months to start the position. That cottage was short of staff so I was called for an interview rather quickly but had to wait until the following month to begin the two week off site training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary because I have my bachelor's degree.

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Village (Bronx, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

They will ask your strenghths and weaknesses

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation