The Children's Village

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.5

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Children's Village.

My interview process was slightly unique, I met directly with the unit director who asked me to provide a sample of my writing. After which he asked about my work experience. It was very brief and relaxed however I was able to sense the intensity of how things could get on campus as an officer came in to arrest a child.

Assistant Or Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Children's Village.

The director at the time was very unorganized, so it took some time before hearing back. Interview was laid back. There was a scenarios sheet I had to fill out. It basically asked how you'd handle certain situations in the classroom.

The interview was held while walking around the building. Since they liked me, I was offered to come back on another day to spend time in a classroom. Both were laid back. Just be aware of the hand washing policies and you'll be fine.

Assistant - Strategic Initiatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at The Children's Village in December 2013.

The interview went well in December 2013 for a job that allegedly started in May 2014. In January 2014, HR called to say they wanted to "move forward". I was thrilled and willing to wait til May. It's a good thing I still looked for a job while I waited. In March I began calling just to make sure things were still on track and that I was still the chosen candidate. They said yes but had no further info on the job (e.g. start date, salary) . By the end of April 2014, I placed multiple calls to try to get a definitive answer on the position only to be to be told by someone that they told me the "position was on hold." That never happened! I never received any calls from anyone at the Children's Village. Why would I be calling if I had. I would never work for them now and have accepted another offer. It's a good thing I didn't put all my faith in them because I would have been screwed.

Interview Questions
    The position was posted at $35000 but they asked me what my desired salary was so I told them. We never got to the hiring process because they are so unorganized and lack communication that they never even bothered to contact me to say the job was on hold. VERY unprofessional and apathetic!

Transitions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dobbs Ferry, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Children's Village in August 2013.

Took about two months to start the position. That cottage was short of staff so I was called for an interview rather quickly but had to wait until the following month to begin the two week off site training.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a higher salary because I have my bachelor's degree.

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Children's Village in June 2012.

They will ask your strenghths and weaknesses

There was no negotiation