The Children's Village

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Children's Village

Assistant - Strategic Initiatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at The Children's Village in December 2013.

The interview went well in December 2013 for a job that allegedly started in May 2014. In January 2014, HR called to say they wanted to "move forward". I was thrilled and willing to wait til May. It's a good thing I still looked for a job while I waited. In March I began calling just to make sure things were still on track and that I was still the chosen candidate. They said yes but had no further info on the job (e.g. start date, salary) . By the end of April 2014, I placed multiple calls to try to get a definitive answer on the position only to be to be told by someone that they told me the "position was on hold." That never happened! I never received any calls from anyone at the Children's Village. Why would I be calling if I had. I would never work for them now and have accepted another offer. It's a good thing I didn't put all my faith in them because I would have been screwed.

Interview Questions
    The position was posted at $35000 but they asked me what my desired salary was so I told them. We never got to the hiring process because they are so unorganized and lack communication that they never even bothered to contact me to say the job was on hold. VERY unprofessional and apathetic!

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Children's Village in June 2012.

They will ask your strenghths and weaknesses

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation

Worked for The Children's Village? Contribute to the Community!