The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

2.7

Associate/Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Every supervisor individually had a group session with all of the new employees explaining their area's operations. We were shown every part of the building and everything that need be explained was. We were issued employee handbooks and assigned our work areas. The supervisors were courteous, pleasant and some were even humorous. Everyone left feeling advanced, happy to have met and looked forward to the first day of work.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

An offer to extend my time was given but I had to decline because I lost my daughter to death and needed to care for my grandkids. I needed time to get situated, move into a bigger place, get the kids back and forth to school and etc...

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Came to career fair at my university, I was allowed to sign up for an interview time without even dropping off a resume. Interviewed, the process was pleasant. After some get-to-know-you questions (school, interests, etc), a few technical questions were asked. I was given paper to write out some pseudo code for a sort.

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of ten numbers, sort them from least to greatest.   View Answer

The job seemed nice, I had heard good things, but the offer was not very competitive.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Initial contact was made ~2 months after application submission. Went through 2 interviews; Manager and their superior were in the first, manager, superior and trainer were in the second. ~4 weeks between interviews, and ~3-4 weeks after 2nd interview was an offer

Interview Questions
    • Organize these tasks according to priority, but the tasks will only be read out loud once.   Answer Question

Media Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have to interview. I was simply hired because of my skill set and the people I know. That's the best way to get a job there.   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in February 2014.

One non technical phone interview to see if you are passionate about the cause and morally fit toe the job. Then there is a pretty basic technical interview. Be humble there are guys who are very advanced and love to nail you against a wall if you are overconfident.

Interview Questions
    • Common ports
      Difference between NIPS and NIDS
      How does one preform SQL injection? What can you do with a successful one How is it prevented?
      Just basic networking and security stuff.
        Answer Question
    Pretty quick and smooth. Just the basic phone call with where pay and schedule discussed. Then you are sent an acceptance letter submission with pay and start date.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in January 2014.

The whole process moved really quickly, I was impressed. I submitted my application over the weekend, received a phone call by Monday and interviewed by Thursday. The interview was with a panel of employees from the team. The environment was incredibly relaxed. They were very nice and friendly, cracked a few jokes every now and then but stayed on topic. I was able to ask a few questions and address some concerns, to which they all responded candidly and honestly. Office environment was organized, work culture seemed very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were very typical. I didn't find many of them difficult to answer, but they did ask some very detailed questions about past projects, so they weren't just your basic interview questions. Asked a lot of follow up questions, so be prepared to prove you know your stuff.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Applied on-campus, had one interview with a manager. The interview was very fair, I felt it was a good evaluation of my skills and knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Regular QA-related questions related to software testing, how I would design test cases, etc.   Answer Question

Czech Language Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

The first step is to do a teaching evaluation. You teach an employee from the MTC a lesson on a principle(s) from Preach My Gospel using teaching principles from Preach My Gospel in English. Next, if you teach in a language other than your mother tongue, you must participates in a language evaluation. This is generally over the phone and involves translation tasks. If both of those go well, you get an interview in person.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions related to how I would handle situations with students unwilling to study.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Temple Recorder Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Pleasant, simple, straightforward. Very professional.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Spoke on phone with Manager, came in and spoke in person with manager, performed a computer skills test

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, they liked my skills and offered me a higher paying job than I was currently doing so I accepted