The Citco Group of Companies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.8

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Citco Group of Companies.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 directors and 2 managers. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. Asked about prior experience, hobbies, strengths, weaknesses, standard questions. very friendly interview. no difficult or technical questions were asked.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Citco Group of Companies (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a couple of tech managers, including the hiring manager. Within a couple of days, the recruiter said they really liked me and I was the #1 candidate. The in-person interview was scheduled fin Charlotte with the hiring manager. Upon arrival, I was presented with a stack of 1960's style interview forms. After about 30 minutes of filling in the ridiculous forms, the hiring manager and one other manager came out and they looked shocked that I was their candidate. We proceeded to the adjacent conference room where they began to talk among themselves about how lax the environment was. That went on for about 30 minutes and they thanked me for coming in. Next the HR manager came in and she seemed like I was wasting her time. She talked another 20 minutes about the parking garages close to the office. Then, she got up and asked that I follow her to view the break room. After that lovely trip, she thanked me for coming in and I left the office.

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Citco Group of Companies (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

After telephonic and F2F, paperwork completed, for Senior IT Project Manager on contract basis. Raised concern post background check. CITCO mgmt decided not to go ahead with hiring due to bad credit history, had 3 yr old foreclosure on credit report. Lost current project as given them notice based on the confirmation earlier from CITCO. Very bad experience, be aware!!

Senior Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Citco Group of Companies (Malvern, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with two manager. They were friendly and asked questions about hedge fund and my old company. Before you interview the manager you will have phone calls and interview with the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self? What do you know about hedge fund and financial reporting?   1 Answer

Senior Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Citco Group of Companies (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Recruiter found me from LinkedIn. Great headhunter. Knew his stuff. Setup an interview on the phone with , who would be, my supervisor. Had a good 45 minute conversation about my career and the job requirements. By the end of the call he told me that he was feeling that the interview was positive. Later that day I was called by the recruiter. He let me know that I was wanted for a second interview with someone on the executive team. This would be onsite and wanted to know if I could fly out the next day. The next morning I was on a plane to North Carolina for the second interview. The trip was paid for by the company except for taxi to and from the airport ($28 each way but this will be reimbursed). The Second Interview was a good 2 hours with the CSO followed by lunch with the CSO and the Supervisor. I got a good overview of what they are looking for and what would be expected of me if I took the role. Later that afternoon was the 3rd interview with the HR representative. Her questions were the most interactive and through that I can recall from any other HR interview before. Afterwards I left and flew home.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I thought of there IT process compared to my other experiences with other industries.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still in Negotiations

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Citco Group of Companies in May 2014.

Interview

Hiring process was very quick as they were in need of people. I waited two week after the interview to get the offer and started to work. But the time they spent on reviewing resume was more than one month. So don't be surprised if they haven't contact you for a while.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult or unexpected questions. Behavior questions were not asked. Just some common questions like why you choose the company, what do you want to know about the company. Some questions were related to basic knowledge about hedge fund, derivatives, convertible bond....   Answer Question

Contract Position Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at The Citco Group of Companies.

Interview

Hired through a temp agency

Interview Questions

• Basic/standard interview questions. Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hours were negotiable

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Interview

pretty standard. HR and hiring manager + 1 peer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair.

Data Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Citco Group of Companies (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was via a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager. After that, phone screens with 2-3 potential peers (one bailed), then in-office interviews with manager's peers, business clients, and superiors. The message was consistent that fit with corporate culture was a key necessity; however, different interviewers did seem to have different (and sometimes conflicting) priorities with regards to the position requirements. Some interviewers did not preview the resume before arriving at the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about fixing our problem? What was your experience with tool X?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Citco Group of Companies.

Interview

I've received the phone from one of the HR department. I can't remember her name. The first phone call she asked if I have time for an interview, my current salary, my current work responsibility, and why choose citco. After a week, she phoned me said they can't set a interview with me.