The Claro Group

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Claro Group

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Claro Group.

Applied a position online, get replied in two days, confirmed about the working status, arrange an phone interview with HR manager from Chicago. Are you moving to the city you applied? Do you know what we do? Gave me one sentence introduction about the position...

Interview Questions
    • Unprofessional and inpatient. The HR manager called, and she was still trying to find the resume. The whole process took around 12 minutes, didn't even go through the resume... She seemed need to rush into something... worst interview experience ever...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Claro Group.

The first interview was on campus with an expected length of 30 minutes but was cut short because the recruiter didn't keep a timed schedule with the other prospects. This disappointed me on how the company's employees manages it's time, not very well. Interview was easy, about 2 behavioral questions. They tend to be biased to certain Universities and majors even though they are compatible. Felt as if they tend to hire more young women than experienced candidates.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Claro Group in October 2014.

I applied through campus recruiting, and was contacted within a few days for an on-campus interview slot. The firm held a reception for candidates from my school the evening before the interview, where we were able to meet some representatives from the firm and to ask any questions we had regarding the firm, the interview process, etc. The on-campus interview was strictly behavioral and lasted just over 30 minutes.

I was contacted a few days after that and invited for a second round of interviews at the Claro office. Once again, there was a pre-interview dinner event for candidates the night before where we were able to meet current analysts. The second round involved three 30-minute interviews with different Directors of the firm, followed by a debriefing session with another Director and lunch with the Analyst who served as our guide for the day. Once again, the questions were all behavioral, with a lot of time to answer questions from my side as well.

Interview Questions
    • None really, but it was a bit tiring completing four interviews in two hours.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Claro Group in August 2012.

Lengthy process mostly behavioral, very little technical:

1) Initial phone screening with human resources (15 minutes)
    2) Follow-up phone call with managing director (30 minutes)
    3) Follow-up phone call with senior consultant (20 minutes)
    4) Three in-person interviews with senior management/managing directors (2.5 hours)

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions. No surprises or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Claro Group in October 2010.

My first interview was on campus. It was about 30 minutes and behavioral. I was contacted the next week and invited up to the Chicago office for a round of three more interviews. All the recruits went out to dinner the night before with members of the firm. The 3 interviews were about 40 minutes each and were also behavioral. We then went out to lunch together and were sent home. I was informed of my offer the week afterwards. Overall the interview process was very relaxed and enjoyable compared to others I had done.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time that you saw someone do something illegal or immoral and how did you respond.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, and is not in the firms culture to negotiate with those coming directly from college. I cannot speak for those who are coming from professional positions.

Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Claro Group in February 2010.

3 behavioral interviews. Nothing challenging