The Climate Corp

Updated Feb 2, 2015
Updated Feb 2, 2015

3.2

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Climate Corp.

The first time I emailed to set up an interview I didn't get a response back for a week as the email had gone to spam somehow so we had to reschedule the interview. After that, the interviewer never called at our planned time as she was sick and I wasn't informed until a few hours later. I reschedule an interview for 2 days later.

As it was for a data analyst position I wasn't quite sure what to except. It contained no coding/programming questions at all and the interviewer was mostly interested in learning how I could go about sorting/cleaning/collecting and finding interesting facts in data.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about how I would check to see if there were duplicates in a set of 1.5 million records of data.   Answer Question

Underwriting Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at The Climate Corp.

I was interviewed on the phone twice, and drove twice to interview in person with no compensation for traveling expenses. I was informed two weeks later they weren't in the position to hire anyone at that time.

Interview Questions
    • If I was informed about Monsanto and my opinion of their unlike in the world.   Answer Question

Crop Modeler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Climate Corp in November 2014.

I applied via the Soil Science Society website and was contacted within a week for a phone interview. The recruiters questions were general, and I understood that this position was geared toward PhD level candidates. I have a masters degree, and have studied models related to soil hydrology and nitrogen use efficiency, and am experienced with R, however, I could see that this position would really stretch my abilities. The phone interview was fine, and I was invited move take a "Challenge."

The challenge which was more or less an example of work I would be doing on the job. Yes, it was quite challenging and it did stretch my capabilities. In the end, I realized that it was just beyond my current experience, especially in regards to writing R code.

I felt like the challenge was fair, and I actually really enjoyed grappling with the problems. The recruiter was respectful, amiable, and stayed in contact.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Climate Corp in November 2014.

1. Initial phone screening was about 45 minutes - some simple coding questions and questions about previous projects, what I seek in an internship, etc.

2. I was called back for an in-person interview. It took three hours total and I interviewed with three people. Each interviewer asked me about my previous projects and at the end asked me some coding questions and some brain teasers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the value of 9 x 99 x 999 x 9999 x 99999 x .... x (nine hundred ninety-nine 9's)   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Climate Corp.

Interview Process was not that exciting. I was called late by the interviewer and then he started asking me javascript questions because he thought I was asking for front end developer position, but I had told them I was applying for backend. He then went on with the interview instead of referring me to a different team.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about handling json object and reversing string   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Climate Corp.

Initial phone screen, next step would have been to go into the office for an in-person interview. The person I spoke to on the phone had me on speaker (my first negative reaction), and seemed to not understand my answers to her questions. She seemed to have a poor attitude during our conversation, which made me not want to proceed with the company. They never followed up.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about scheduling candidates in coordination with the hiring managers?   Answer Question

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at The Climate Corp in October 2014.

I had a recruiter find me on LinkedIn and asked me about the position, but at first it was mid level so I declined. A few months later they came back to me telling it it's more a management role, so I tell them I'd be happy to talk.

Months tick by and I never hear anything.

Another recruiter then hits me up on LinkedIn again asking me about the same position. After talking with her, it turns out the recruiter who was handling it was moved to recruit for different roles, so the jobs she had in progress were just dropped. Oh uh, not good signs so far.

After a good conversation with this new recruiter I agree to do a phone screen with their CISO. We set up a call, and he misses. Yep, he missed the call. We reschedule and have a brief 30 minute or so conversation. He thanks me and says their recruiters will let me know the next steps in a few days.

Another month goes by and I never hear anything.

So I emailed the recruiter back, and rather than asking what was going on, simply withdrew my name from consideration.

And day later still never got a reply.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were ones I asked about the role, it's responsibilities and expectations. They couldn't give me direct answers.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at The Climate Corp.

I was recruited by a headhunter and met with the Monsanto marketing lead. Everything went swimmingly until I interviewed with the Climate Corp side. Clearly they are struggling with their identity having been acquired and trying to maintain the cool factor of being a start up. Unfortunately the attitude of the Climate Corp employees are unwarranted for their position in the desirability of tech start ups. Disappointed by the Climate Corp leadership as they do not know what they want and can't make up their minds. Good luck figuring that out.

Data Engineer Interview

Spoke to the recruiter it was a phone interview. After which it was supposed to be a call with the manager. followed by an onsite interview. however i just gave round one and i m waiting for the round 1 results

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at The Climate Corp.

the initial interview are just few simple questions about statistics, like what is bayes and cross validation. the second interview including statistics techquestion as well as the R coding ability