The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Glendale, CA).

Interview

It was pretty chill. Felt more like a conversation. Asked about why I choose cbtl, my past volunteer experience, etc. My process took about two months for good reason. I applied online, called one week later for an interview, and even though he wasn't hiring, he gave me an interview for the next week. Afterwards, he said he can't hire me yet bevause he hired too many people that month already so I'd have to wait until the next month. Said to call back on the first if I still want the job. I did. Then he told me to call in a week to find out when to come in for paperwork (in a week because it was fourth of July holiday already at the company). After paperwork, 6 days later, I had orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CBTL?   1 Answer
    • Are you planning on working while you go to school? How do you plan to balance the two?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

Interview

I came in and told them I was there for an interview. The woman took me outside and asked some general questions and then let me ask. She made a big point of emphasizing how she could teach barista skills, but she couldn't teach somebody how to smile. They really value a good attitude and a friendly demeanor. Afterwards, she told me she'd hire me. It was pretty simple.

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Palmdale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview about a week later, I felt as if my interview flew by and at the end Mike (the manager was somewhat rushing it) I did understand because it seemed as they were short staffed. Other than that, it went as expected

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

Interview

Came into the company through open interviews posted on Craigslist otherwise you have to apply online. Usually the GM of the store will interview you or the DM of that store grouping if they have the time for it. Everyone with the company is very friendly so don't be nervous at all. They like laid back people who don't crack under pressure so the more friendly and talkative you are, the better. They'll usually offer you a drink when you come in its up to you if you want it or not it usually doesn't matter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easing and awesome. I was interviewed by a manager from another store because my former manager was out of town. I got the job the next day because they were desperate for employees.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

Interview

Missed their call around 10am in the morning. Looked up the number and found it is from coffee bean. go straight ahead to the store later that day and got interviewed right away without any preparation.

Cashier/Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

Interview

The interviewer straight up called me over, sat me down and began asking me questions. He asked me about my work experiences, goals, and wanted to get to know me better. Went relatively smooth and easy.

Interview Questions

• What was the toughest situation you've ever been in and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

There wasn't really much. They just ask about who you are and some background. The interview was really fast and it was extremely easy to do. You get a free drink while you wait outside and if you get the drink you're basically hired.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Quick. Hired and boarded in two weeks. First interview with the DM with the RDM in person. Casual interview to get to know you as a person then as a manager. This is the restaurant industry that pushes for customer service, so they need to know if you can handle the stress of both. After the interview was walked over to home office for further paperwork, was I just offered a position? Try to low ball you at first, don't let them.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Seal Beach, CA).

Interview

Applied on line got a phone call to come in for an interview. was hired a week later