The Connor Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2014
Updated Aug 4, 2014

3.1

Property Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Connor Group in July 2014.

I was contacted via LinkedIn and replied with my contact details. The recruiter called at 8am each morning and I was unable to answer due to being at work. I called back 4 different times on 4 different days and she was never at her desk so I sent her an email on setting up a specific day and time to chat. It took her 2 days to reply. The initial interview and the second "structured" interview were very odd and I was not given the opportunity to elaborate but my "results came back positive" for the next steps. The 3rd interview was set up and I arrived at the location only to wait for 10 minutes outside due to the location not being opened. The associate who let me in wasn't friendly and only said "Are you here for an interview?" I was told it was video conference which wasn't what I expected. He was very short and seemed to be distracted. He asked generic questions. I was not impressed with the interviewing process.
    I did research regarding the company and the properties owned in my location and they do not have a good rating or reputation.

Apartment Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Connor Group.

I was contacted by a recruiter the day after submitting my resume. She left me a message, and even though I called her back and left my own message, it was 4 days before she contacted me again. I had a short phone interview, and then she set me up for an interview the next day. Upon driving to the property for the interview, I was informed that it was a video conference interview. The HR person asked many of the same questions from the phone interview. I was told that they have a 24 hour call back policy. When I didn't hear anything after 48 hours I called the original phone interviewer. It wasn't until 2 weeks later that I received an email from her stating they were going with someone else.

Director Level Position Interview

Good info about company, including on Glassdoor. Looks like exciting place to work. Confusion and inaccuracies on their part about setting up interview times (I have recorded on voice mails), but nothing we were not able to resolve ahead of time. Many times they appear to just be going through the motions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual that one could not find on a list of typical interview questions. Mix of traditional and behaviorally based.   Answer Question

Regional Service Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at The Connor Group in March 2010.

Multiple phone interviews and a day in the field. Very detailed question for your specific area. Very detailed on what is asked of you! Also very informative on what the companies goals and expectations are. Skilled test questions. The day in the field was very worth the while and rewarding.

Regional Sales Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at The Connor Group in April 2012.

Phone interview. Video chat. Face to face interview.

Property Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Connor Group in March 2013.

They were very thorough. The phone interview was 2 hours and asked a lot of detailed questions involving experience and background. The interview with the upper level manager was via a teleconference and he was somewhat occupied by his telephone and other background noise. It felt somewhat rushed. I was not aware it was going to be a teleconference until I arrived, which made me somewhat uneasy.

Interview Questions
    • They were all detailed, but the upper level manager wanted to know what your previous employees would say about you and your work ethic.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

interviewed at The Connor Group in October 2012.

Quite a long process, very detailed in every interview, had 5 interviews- some phone, some in person, once interviewing is done you spend a "day in the field" which is a great concept

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online - interviewed at The Connor Group in February 2014.

Had a phone interview, then a phone screen. They asked about 30 questions about ethics, etc. I was told they scored the answers, then called back within a few days. Never got a call back with a yes or no!

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at The Connor Group.

I posted my resume on monster.com, a recruiter called me and gave me a phone intereview. The next day I had interview by viedo and then the my last interview with the regional manager the last day.

Property Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Connor Group.

Initial communication was pleasant, but not thorough. Second round interviewer was seemed unprepared and not familiar with my resume.

Interview Questions

Worked for The Connor Group? Contribute to the Community!