The Cosmopolitan Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.3

Guest Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, 30 minutes later I received a rejection email. I called the next day inquiring why and the HR rep decided to set me up for an interview the following day. It was a group interview. You must engage and answer all of the questions they ask. Those who did not engage didn't make it to the 2nd stage.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the entire process flowed smoothly. Go in and be yourself.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Pass audition It's a group interview and they are looking for that one that stands out so go in with an awesome attribute and I guarantee you will get an offer

Interview Questions

• What do you do to give back to your community ?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a group interwiev they had us in a waiting room and haded out all bunc of questions to ask each other.Then we were taken in to a room where we wached a movie about the company.Than there were questions asked to everybody and you needed to raise your hand to answer.They gave us a hand out at the end it was a multiple question test we took the test and they let us go.

Interview Questions

• Descirabe an evernt they you have to go above and beyond someone.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

applied online then got an email for an audition about 3 days later. It was a group interview I had read reviews on here so I knew what to expect. When I walked in they asked for my name and gave me a card with 3 questions so I started talking to the people there and got the conversation going asking questions and getting to know each other almost everyone was there for a different position so that made everyone feel better. then we are told to go into a room where they play a short video about the cosmopolitan I liked it. Then a women walks in and we are told to introduce ourselves name,position applied for and why we want to work there. She also asked questions that we had gone over and some new questions she lets anyone answer so its good not to be shy it took 60mins just like it said in the email and at the end we are given a paper with 5 questions with answers a b and c

Valet Booth Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

It began with a group interview. They tell you in the email that it can be anywhere between 8-12 people. It was more like a "get-to-know" session and also learn about the company. When you first get there they have you and all of the other interviewees sit in the lobby with these cards with questions on them. They expect you to use those questions to help get a conversation going so that you may interact with the other interviewees. There is one interviewer/talent team person who conducts the group interview. The questions were pretty general and everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• If you could choose one word or phrase that defines you or your core values, what would it be?   Answer Question

Bar Porter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan.

Interview

applied online, about 3 days later received an email said wanted to meet and "audition". come to off property office etc. show up 15 mins early. arrive, check in given a card with 3 questions on it. then about 10 of us led to a glass office with 2 couches and about 5 chairs, 2 small end tables with books, lady put on a video of cosmopolitan and walked out. video ended then a guy walked in and said he was there to audition us. started by having everyone talk about themselves and what makes them unique. then asked who asked other people in room the questions on the card. apparently you were suppose to gather info from fellow people waiting as their likes, dislikes, where they work now etc. then went around the room and asked how everyone contributes to the community. says cosmo is real big on volunteering in the community. after that said to pic a word and describe how it pertains to you . then given a multiple choice worksheet that says behavior analysis on it. questions like someone tries to get a discount on an item that isnt suppose to be discounted .then gives you 3 options to choose on how you would solve it

Interview Questions

• one word that describes me   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

Friendly, easy, lots of personal questions. They ask you what have you learned about all the others. There was a few ladies that didn't speak English and barely spoke during the interview so I guess they ok with it if you're applying for some positions but I felt bad for them

Interview Questions

• Word that describes me and if I volunteer where or when   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan.

Interview

Filled out the application online and was called a week later. Came in for a group interview the next day. The group interview involved a lot of sharing with each other and was in an almost game-like setting. It was pretty easy overall but if you're not outgoing or sit quietly in the corner odds are you will be overlooked. After the group interview I had a one-on-one interview with the manager a week later.

Interview Questions

• Share one thing about yourself that people would not expect   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan.

Interview

After applying to the position online, I received an email 2 or 3 days later stating I had been invited to participate in an "audition". This audition is held off property and you're asked to verify one of the audition times on their website from which you applied. There were two different dates available, each with two different times (morning/afternoon). The audition is a group interview, but do not stress. You are asked to arrive 15 minutes early. Upon checking in, you will be given a card with questions on it. As the other candidates show up for this audition, these questions will help break the ice and allow you to feel comfortable speaking to everyone. You will gather into a small room with chairs and couches in a circle, with one individual from HR leading the interview. It starts by going around the room one by one, introducing yourself, what position you are applying to, and something unique about yourself. There were about 9 individuals in my group, and everyone was applying for a different position. This, combined with the fact that you already talked with everyone and had a few laughs in the 15 minutes prior, really helped take the pressure off. I felt as if I knew everyone and wasn't competing for the job, which made everything go smoother. You begin by watching a video and then will be asked questions about the video (what stood out to us) followed by a few other questions. All these questions were asked in general to the group, so you are not put on the spot - you can answer when you are ready. There did seem to be a certain order in which individuals answered, usually the same people speaking up immediately and the same few answering last. I don't believe order necessarily matters, but don't be shy and wait on everyone else. I feel it is more about how you communicate and present yourself. Most individuals seemed to only speak directly to the HR worker. I made sure I looked around and the room at everyone, not just HR, while I spoke. I'm not sure if this mattered, but I felt it showed I was comfortable speaking with everyone and instead of focusing only to HR. Again, I feel there is a reason the first interview is done in a group. After watching two videos and answering questions asked by HR, you are given a short, multiple choice quiz that was maybe 5 questions. Read them carefully - they're all "what would you do" scenarios. All the answers were right, but some are better than others. About 2 days later, I received a call from the Department Manager about coming in for another interview, this one though, was on property. I was interviewed by the department manager and director. It was a pretty standard interview. Questions about what I knew of the Cosmopolitan, do I feel prepared, what is my 5 year goal etc. Overall it went very good, but there were some questions I wish I had answered better. I was told in this interview that the position wouldn't be starting for sometime, and if that was alright with me. (It was). Although I kept reminding myself they said it would be awhile to start, I was expecting to hear back relatively soon whether I was hired or not.. especially because the time frame from applying to the audition to 2nd interview was a matter of a few days. About a month later after thinking I didn't get it, I received a phone call from the department manager I interviewed with and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had planned to negotiate but I was very satisfied with the number offered, so no.

Audio/Video Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Cosmopolitan (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. They responded within 5 days. Group interview. They give each interviewee a card with 3 questions before the group interview process. And ask you to review the questions. What they REALLY want and mean is to get with the rest of your interview group and ask each other those questions. They DON'T openly ask you to do this. Once the group is officially in the interview room? You are all asked how the others in the group answered the questions. The card question thing before the main interview IS a test. Also they ask everyone in the group questions and 1 by 1. Everyone has to answer. Some of these questions can be considered very personal in nature and really shouldn't be asked in an interview, yet alone expect you to answer in front of a group of strangers. Also they give a written (multiple choice) test at the very end. They tell you that there are no "right" answers and to answer how ever you'd like. The questions are poor at best with no real clear straight forward right or wrong answers. Questions are poor and all the selectable answers are vague and ambiguous at best. I found the whole experience intrusive and demeaning.