The Cosmopolitan

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.2

Warehouse/Logistics Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Cosmopolitan.

Applied online. 3 days later received an email to schedule an "audition" or what other casino consider calling a pre-screening interview. Once you arrive you will notice that you will be in part of a group interview. I was relieved all of the people are applying for a different position so it took out the tension of competition.

The first part of the group interview is once you come in you will be given a card containing with questions. Use the questions on the card to interact with people on the group interview while you wait.

Once all the applicants are in you will be seated in a room with writing on the wall. A short video will be presented first then THEY would start asking questions. They would ask a questions then they would allow everybody to answer. After asking 2 or 3 questions they will show you another short video followed by a few more questions.

Questions they will asked you are:
    what is your name, position you applying for, and what's unique about you?
    what is your experience as a customer of The Cosmopolitan? If you never then say you heard great things about the company.
    Describe a great customer you have done through your experience?
    they will ask you to pick a word on the wall and how does it relate to you.
    have you use your spare time to help the needy?

in the end before you leave you will be given a multiple choice quiz. I believe this is the most important part of the audition, from what I've heard. They will tell you you will hear from them within a few hours, a few days, a few weeks, or even a few month.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are based on customer experience and how well you work around customers and around employees. No questions will be based on the position you are applying for.

What corporate/HR won't tell you that "audition" or in better term pre-screening are judged based on how you look, how well you communicate, and if you fit in the company. After the "audition" your 2nd interview will be based on your resume and experience.
        Answer Question

Retail Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Cosmopolitan in October 2014.

I applied online. A few days later received an email invite to an audition at the HR headquarters off site from the Cosmopolitan itself. The email says to come 15 minutes early from the actual appointment time. Upon arrival you are given a plastic question card and told to get to know the other applicants in the waiting area. There were 10 of us in the group. We were then brought into a lounge style conference room and told to watch a video. Once the video was completed an HR representative came in and began the group interview process first by having us introduce ourselves and for what position we were applying for. We then watched another video and were asked what about the video we got from it. We all gave our input one at a time. Then we were asked to look at the wall of words and explain which word you related to the most i.e, Courage, Passion... Lastly we were given a sheet of paper that had 8 different questions and you would answer multiple choice which you believe is the best answer. That completed the audition. We were told that the next step would be contact via phone or email by the department in which you applied. She said it may take up to 2-3 weeks to hear back. If you are not chosen to move forward you would receive an email. If that was the case you would have to wait 6-9 months to apply for that position again or you can apply for a different position immediately. I got a call from the department manager a few hours after the audition and have a face to face interview scheduled for the next day...

Office Manager Interview

I had one interview for this position and unfortunately, the position was filled even before I had the interview which was a bit frustrating. I had noticed the listing was no longer available by the time my interview was scheduled and I was then advised during the interview that the position may be filled. The initial interview process was essentially a 'get to know you session' with an informal feeling. The questions were based on personal experience and various scenarios and everyone at the table would share their experience. They were very effective at creating a relaxed environment and you interview with people who have applied for a variety of different positions. At the end you are advised that you will receive one of three letters. The possibilities were a letter inviting you back for a second interview, a letter that says the position has been filled but they would like you to continue watching for more positions you may be interested in and re-apply and finally, the third letter advised you that the position was filled and they recommend that you do not seek further employment for six months. Bottom line, if you get the third letter they were not interested in you. I received the second letter because the position was filled and I have not applied for any other positions at this time. I really liked the company concepts and think it would be a great working environment.

Interview Questions
    • Because it was the initial interview the questions were not that difficult but certainly catered to subjective scenario's that would ask you to describe a difficult interaction with another employee, something unique about yourself, etc.   Answer Question

Public Relations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Cosmopolitan.

I applied online and then received an invitation the next day for their audition, which was a group interview. The group interview had people applying for a variety of different positions.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you went out of your way to help someone?   Answer Question

Executive Manager of Housekeeping Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Cosmopolitan in July 2014.

The audition is the first step and it helps determine if you are a fit for our culture. After that the process varies, but Cosmopolitan doesn't sit on jobs long. When we start the search, we move pretty quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Do you consider yourself a lucky person.   View Answer
    Negotiations are always possible. Cosmopolitan is very willing to spend money if the person is right.

Banquets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Cosmopolitan in February 2014.

Group interview with people from all departments, great icebreaker card to start conversation with the group, encouraged interaction. Cards easy to start conversation with others from different backgrounds, such as makeup. I personally "clicked" with the group which made the process much more relaxed.

One Con: Room not very conducive to interact with HR, had to lean forward to watch video, not direct line sights to HR. Had to maneuver from people left and right of me in an attempt to make eye contact.

Interview Questions
    • Group went into room, with writing on the wall such as "why not", "smile" watched two short videos then went around the room and discussed which word or phrase best matched   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I started off by applying through their website. I heard back the next day via an automatic email to setup a time to come to their "audition".

The audition consisted of a group of applicants all crammed into a room describing why they would be a good fit for The Cosmopolitan. They would go around the room and ask you various questions like "what was the most valuable lesson you've learned in life?" "what makes you unique?"

There was no questions about the specific job you applied for. Everyone in that room is there for all kinds of positions, housekeeping, valet, receptionist, chef, etc.

Interview Questions
    • When you were waiting in the lobby, did you speak to any of the applicants? If yes, what did you learn about them?   Answer Question

Security Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Cosmopolitan.

A wonderful group interview/audition. The first 15 minutes were spent getting to know the other potential "Costars". The audition included everyone from corporate level to grounds keepers. It was very interesting.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Cosmopolitan in October 2013.

skype interview. Very nice person. Basically just go through the resume, ask why you choose the hotel industry? what interests you to pursue in BA

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Cosmopolitan.

I was contacted to sign up for an interview time online. I did and went to the scheduled interview. When I arrived, there were at least 20 people there for a group interview, everything from a valet or housekeeper to accountant. They put as all in a room around a boardroom table and we answered questions (going around the room...everyone answered every question) basically about why we would be a fit for the organization or why we would be a great employee. At the end, we had to take an item from a bowl on the table (slinkys, balls, other knick-knacks) and describe why we picked it and how the item represented us. At the very end we were told we would get one of three emails, either for a second interview, letting us know that the position was filled but they would like to consider us for another position, or don't bother contacting them for at least 6 months (my words).

Interview Questions
    • I've never found interviewing for "personality" to be a successful way to find candidates. All questions were not job related.   Answer Question