The Cosmopolitan

2.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Cosmopolitan in February 2014.

I started off by applying through their website. I heard back the next day via an automatic email to setup a time to come to their "audition".

The audition consisted of a group of applicants all crammed into a room describing why they would be a good fit for The Cosmopolitan. They would go around the room and ask you various questions like "what was the most valuable lesson you've learned in life?" "what makes you unique?"

There was no questions about the specific job you applied for. Everyone in that room is there for all kinds of positions, housekeeping, valet, receptionist, chef, etc.

Interview Questions
    • When you were waiting in the lobby, did you speak to any of the applicants? If yes, what did you learn about them?   Answer Question

Banquets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Group interview with people from all departments, great icebreaker card to start conversation with the group, encouraged interaction. Cards easy to start conversation with others from different backgrounds, such as makeup. I personally "clicked" with the group which made the process much more relaxed.

One Con: Room not very conducive to interact with HR, had to lean forward to watch video, not direct line sights to HR. Had to maneuver from people left and right of me in an attempt to make eye contact.

Interview Questions
    • Group went into room, with writing on the wall such as "why not", "smile" watched two short videos then went around the room and discussed which word or phrase best matched   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Cosmopolitan.

I was contacted to sign up for an interview time online. I did and went to the scheduled interview. When I arrived, there were at least 20 people there for a group interview, everything from a valet or housekeeper to accountant. They put as all in a room around a boardroom table and we answered questions (going around the room...everyone answered every question) basically about why we would be a fit for the organization or why we would be a great employee. At the end, we had to take an item from a bowl on the table (slinkys, balls, other knick-knacks) and describe why we picked it and how the item represented us. At the very end we were told we would get one of three emails, either for a second interview, letting us know that the position was filled but they would like to consider us for another position, or don't bother contacting them for at least 6 months (my words).

Interview Questions
    • I've never found interviewing for "personality" to be a successful way to find candidates. All questions were not job related.   Answer Question

Front Office Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Cosmopolitan in June 2013.

First you apply through the Careers page and they make you do the online application and a personality test. Once you take that you are invited to a group interview. Its a different approach but it seems to work well. After that then you interview for the position within your department you will be working for.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years.   View Answer
    They made an offer and you either accept or decline.

CRM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online - interviewed at The Cosmopolitan in May 2013.

group interview , very unique and interesting

Interview Questions
    • they dont really get a chance to learn you as how they judge you by character   Answer Question

Internal Revenue Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Cosmopolitan in March 2013.

Fill out an application online, then schedule a group interview with about 9 others applying for various positions. During the group interview you watch some movies . The recruiter then starts a conversation which ultimately winds up becoming a big lovefest about how much you just LOVEThe Cosmopolitan despite never even working there. They are really looking for personality and the ability to engage guests however because I am applying for a corporate role having to even go thru the group interview is a waste of time and resources. How much personality and how much love of the turkish sauna, ice skating rink, etc... do I really need to have when I will be sitting in front of a computer using Excel for hours on end?? How about you just get me in front of a real person that makes a decision and let them decide and save EVERYBODY some time which would probably help your organization considering it is just reported being over 100 Million in the red this quarter.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what is something about yourself that nobody would know about you from looking at your resume?   Answer Question
    • Tell us What position you are applying for and why you would be a good fit for that position?   Answer Question
    • What makes The Cosmopolitan different than other strip casino/resort properties?   Answer Question

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online - interviewed at The Cosmopolitan in January 2013.

Group interview, then interview with restaurant assistant manager and general manager. Last day of interviews was with F&B director, director of beverage, director of restaurants and VP of f&b.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to be when you grow up.   View Answer
    I was called and made offer with salary.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Cosmopolitan in July 2012.

You first do a group panel interview everyone does great and then they give you a questionaire and according to them there is not right or wrong answer. This is my second time applying with them and I guess there is becuase how is it possible that two group intervuiew and denied.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you stand out from all the candidates appying for the position?   Answer Question

Technical Related Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Cosmopolitan in February 2012.

Interview consisted of a short technical screening call, resume submission and an onsite meeting with the Director and some of the existing staff. Unfortunately they have little idea of what they are looking for and the shop seems in disarray. The working environment is small and not deep in talent. Prior to the meeting I was able to contact some previous employees that were dissatisfied with their experience while at the Cosmo, but I wanted to attend the interview to make that determination for myself.

Seemed to be a sweatshop looking to add a W2 consultant that they could drive into the ground for 12 months and then let go. The talent pool currently employed are unhappy and it clearly shows in their attitudes and overall demeanor.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Cosmopolitan in November 2010.

Met with managers, went through several interview. Then offered position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to multi task.   Answer Question
    • What experience have you had in the industry? Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question
    No negotiations. One set salary.

Worked for The Cosmopolitan? Contribute to the Community!