The Creative Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.5

Proofreader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Creative Group.

Interview

Interview with Creative Group was incredibly relaxed. It felt like I was talking to a friend or family member. The recruiter I worked with was always very helpful and positive.

Interview Questions

• Very easy questions asking about past experiences, work, skills, etc. Very basic questions that were easy to answer.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Creative Group.

Interview

Easy asked basic recruiting questions and was offered the job. The turnover is VERY high. Burn and churn. Amazed at how many people quit and got sacked my first month. Hours are 7AM-7PM!

Interview Questions

• How many people have you placed.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Interview was not too difficult. All the questions you would expect. Was a bit thrown off when they had me do a mock sales call. They advertised the position as an account manager but quickly learned you start as a "creative recruiter" and there is no guarantee you will ever obtain this account manager role. A little misleading, but a good experience overall.

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Lots of documentation, lots of emails, finally a Skype interview, process required way too much information with way too little feed back in return. It is just as important for the applicant to decide if they are still interested or a good fit, salary must be apart of the discussion! More information saves both sides time and money.

Marketing Interview

Interview

i applied for a marketing position through the Creative Group (the position was at an outside company). The recruiter I worked with was extremely aggressive. After I applied for the position, she contacted me about taking an assessment test. When I told her I couldn't take the test during regular office hours because I would be at work, she scoffed at me. I took the test in plenty of time, passed, and scheduled an in person interview with the outside company. I went to the interview and had a terrible experience--it was clear that I would not fit in with this company. So when my TCG recruiter asked if I was free for a second interview, I politely told met I was not interested. My recruiter then proceeded to email and call me nonstop asking why I wasn't interested. I was honest and said the company wasn't a good fit, but I was still interested in finding a full time job through TCG. Fast forward a few month later, and I cannot get the recruiter to email me back. I have seen other opportunities through TCG that I cannot apply for because the recruiters only want to work with certain applications that are obviously ok with ring harassed by TCG and the companies they are placed with.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

You first meet with the recruiter and they ask questions about you and confirm your resume and ask questions about your resume. Then depending on the company you go with, you get one or two interviews with a single company; depending if you make it past the first round. For me, they brought the company and the interview process to The Creative Group company. You were treated with respect and briefed about the process of the interview thoroughly. As a graphic designer, I didn't really get asked many questions. I just has to go over my work.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

They had me come in for a face-to-face. Pretty standard and low key, which was nice. Frustrating, though, is that they don't follow up with me after I interview with a client for a position. I always have to call TCG to find out if the client's made a hiring decision. Responses have included everything from "no" to "yes," including "not yet." You'd think that as soon as TCG found anything out about the hiring decision that they'd call the applicant to let them know, but that's not the case. They need to fix this.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my professional and educational background and what I was looking to do.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Creative Group.

Interview

I did the phone screen and they wanted me to come to their office in San Francisco. After it was confirmed, I was sent a 10 page contract to sign before arriving that included my SSN and all that info, giving them the rights to use my portfolio work wherever they wanted i.e. online, print materials, and there was a section saying if I discussed the company healthcare or personal salary, they could sue me. I cancelled the interview. I want to be informed when my work is being used and not sign it away just for an interview.

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Standard procedure for these agencies: a phone screen is always the first step. Then they usually try to get you to come into the office to fill out paperwork, and further waste more of your time. Their account managers are REALLY good at getting you pumped up for any of their prospective clients or positions. Too bad it rarely, if ever, goes anywhere (as defined by getting you in front of the actual client that is hiring). A huge waste of time and effort, basically and I say this having interacted with agencies like this over the years and in multiple markets.

Exhibition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Creative Group (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was offered and interview when I followed up about the position I had applied for online. The moment I got in the interview, the Recruiter said the specific job I had applied for had been "put on hold," and, after talking with her more, it became clear they didn't have any other listings that matched my experience at that time. The Recruiter said she would keep me in mind and has since contacted me about other openings that I did not think fit my skill set either.

Interview Questions

• What have you been working on lately? (I have a gap in my resume)   Answer Question