The Creative Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.8

General Interview Interview

Phone interview was very short. The in person interview also very short - it seemed like they didn't have time for me. The recruiter didn't ask any questions about my resume or my background, then called me later when someone liked my resume. Strange experience.

Recruited Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at The Creative Group in August 2014.

PHILADELPHIA, PA

I interviewed to work WITH TCG and met with one woman for my initial interview. She was nice, helpful and personable so I left with high hopes. I followed up a few days later, heard nothing. Called, no call back. Followed up again, heard nothing. During the interview I had been asked to contact TCG when I was offered a job and or interested in a job that they may have a connection with. At this point I had been offered two jobs and heard nothing back from TCG (frustrating, to say the least.)

I emailed one more time and was called about 10 minutes later by a woman with horrible phone manners (at least pretend not to be miserable) explaining to me that my initial recruiter had left the company and to send my resume over (again).

I was contacted later that day by a man who worked in the permanent staffing dept who had a "great opportunity" that he wanted to get me in on right away. Great! He asked me to send over my resume (uh.... again?) and then in true TCG fashion, I heard nothing back. Followed up 2 days later. Called four days later. Emailed a week later. Nothing.

The lack of organization and professionalism in this company is insane. Regardless of the situation at hand, or if the job position got filled- have some professionalism and follow up with your clients. It's insulting and a horrible reflection on the upper management.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Creative Group in July 2014.

The process was very easy and the person who interview was very nice and professional. She explains everything very well. The only thing is that the rate that they offer is very low for the quality of experience that I have.

Internal Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Creative Group in October 2010.

The in-person interview with a senior recruiter was conducted after I filled out an extensive questionnaire regarding my background, skills, and experience and submitted my resume. The recruiter was knowledgeable and adept at identifying the types of temporary hire jobs that would be most suitable. She asked questions to further clarify my skills levels and areas of interest.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, perhaps because I was so clear about wanting to focus on jobs that required marketing or brand management which was consistent with my education and work history.   Answer Question
    This particular recruiter was very good: she did a wonderful job of trying to create a win-win scenario for both me and her client. She negotiated salary separately with the client and I was satisfied with the end result.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Creative Group in June 2014.

I received a call from Jen, the recruiting director at the Creative Group regarding a position I had inquired about through their company. On the phone Jen was very nice and friendly and seemed really interpreted about my career goals. However, when I went in for our interview the whole atmosphere of the office was very corporate and not very creative or warm. When I finally got to meet Jen in person, I got the same vibe and the interview was very dull and I got the impression that it was not going well.

After the interview, I still tried to be positive and a week or so later Jen called me about a company that would want to interview me the next day. Besides the fact that it was extremely last minute, the job position wasn't even what I was looking for. But on the phone she seems really excited and lively compared to when we met in person.

Although I considered it, I did turn down the interview because ultimately that job was not what I was looking for.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodbridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at The Creative Group.

I went on the 3 different interviews with this company with each interview lasting over an hour. The entire process was intense, intimidating and exhausting. Keep in mind when interviewing that they are looking to SELL the position to you and therefore will make the job sound much more appealing then it is. They put me on the spot in my first interview and had me make mock sales calls then proceeded to point out my flaws. The interviewer also emphasized that you have to be motived mostly by money to be successful with this company. After researching more about the company and their high turnover rate for employees I was not willing to invest the blood, sweat and 10 hour work days with this company. Best of luck to anyone applying or starting off!

Interview Questions
    • They will put you on the spot and have you make mock sales calls. Be prepared   Answer Question

Cartographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at The Creative Group in April 2013.

It was an in-person interview, which in the age of on-line no interview, I appreciate. The interviewer was personally focused on me (not just filling in blanks on a form). I was treated as a real individual.

No negotiation

Internal Marketing ConsultantDirector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at The Creative Group in June 2014.

Got an email from a recruiter at TCG saying that she had received a request for a full-time Marketing Director, thought I'd be a good fit and asked if I would be interested in the position. I replied the same day with "Yes" and thanked her for the opportunity. Then I never heard back from her. I followed up 2 weeks later and still no reply. Not even "I'm sorry, things have been crazy busy" etc. And yes, she still works at TCG.

Just because someone is unemployed, doesn't give you the right to take advantage of their situation by treating them with disrespect. But that is exactly how The Creative Group treats recruits. This is an extremely unprofessional company. I would never want them representing me and I will never use them to fill positions at my new agency.

Communication Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Creative Group in June 2014.

Upon arriving to interview, I was asked to complete a pretty hefty stack of forms. Most were standard accept a form waiving rights to obtain legal representation if you should have an employment dispute with the Creative Group. I along with a few other applicants in the reception area, had many questions about this form and was not comfortable signing.

The receptionist was very professional but did not feel comfortable addressing our questions. It seemed a bit slimy the way the form was worded. Someone not reading thoroughly could have easily signed away their rights.

After completing the forms I waited over an hour for my recruiter to call me back for the interview. The recruiter did not apologize for having me wait which seemed unprofessional.

Once the interview was underway everything flowed fine.

Creative Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Creative Group in August 2013.

I first received an email then went in for three rounds of interviews. The questions were general and based on my experience.Repeatedly asked if I was ok with sales or if I had sales experience. I met with other team members as well. Start date was pushed back a lot.

Strict on salary offer but they don't say why..

Worked for The Creative Group? Contribute to the Community!