The Creative Group

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.8

Lead Generation Interview

One of their recruiters found me on LinkedIn for a position with their client. He messaged me, then followed up less than 20 minutes later with a phone call TO MY CURRENT JOB. I thought that was way too forward and unprofessional.

This company makes you fill out a really long online registration form about who you are, skills, etc. You even have to write your own biography for them to "market" to their clients. It has to be written in third person. It's pretty biased if you're writing about YOURSELF. Plus, shouldn't the recruiter write raving reviews about who you are based on their meeting with you?

Guess not since the in-person meeting with the recruiter lasted like 5 minutes. He referred me to their client and I've followed up with him but never got a response. It's been weeks.

Graphic Designer Interview

The closest you get to a hiring or interviewing process is when you meet with the rep and sign on the dotted line. They are not available after that initial meeting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Creative Group in October 2014.

After calling and speaking with a recruiter, she asked me to submit a link to my portfolio and complete preliminary "paperwork" online. When I was asked in for an interview, my recruiter was very professional and interested in my experiences. While she asked many relevant questions, she also answered all of my questions and provided valuable feedback on my resume and presentation. She was also honest about the work and didn't make promises of assignments, but suggested I continue to seek work on my own. Since this was only 2 days ago, I haven't yet been called for any assignments and can't report about the client experience.

General Interview Interview

Phone interview was very short. The in person interview also very short - it seemed like they didn't have time for me. The recruiter didn't ask any questions about my resume or my background, then called me later when someone liked my resume. Strange experience.

Recruited Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Creative Group in August 2014.

PHILADELPHIA, PA

I interviewed to work WITH TCG and met with one woman for my initial interview. She was nice, helpful and personable so I left with high hopes. I followed up a few days later, heard nothing. Called, no call back. Followed up again, heard nothing. During the interview I had been asked to contact TCG when I was offered a job and or interested in a job that they may have a connection with. At this point I had been offered two jobs and heard nothing back from TCG (frustrating, to say the least.)

I emailed one more time and was called about 10 minutes later by a woman with horrible phone manners (at least pretend not to be miserable) explaining to me that my initial recruiter had left the company and to send my resume over (again).

I was contacted later that day by a man who worked in the permanent staffing dept who had a "great opportunity" that he wanted to get me in on right away. Great! He asked me to send over my resume (uh.... again?) and then in true TCG fashion, I heard nothing back. Followed up 2 days later. Called four days later. Emailed a week later. Nothing.

The lack of organization and professionalism in this company is insane. Regardless of the situation at hand, or if the job position got filled- have some professionalism and follow up with your clients. It's insulting and a horrible reflection on the upper management.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Creative Group.

I went on the 3 different interviews with this company with each interview lasting over an hour. The entire process was intense, intimidating and exhausting. Keep in mind when interviewing that they are looking to SELL the position to you and therefore will make the job sound much more appealing then it is. They put me on the spot in my first interview and had me make mock sales calls then proceeded to point out my flaws. The interviewer also emphasized that you have to be motived mostly by money to be successful with this company. After researching more about the company and their high turnover rate for employees I was not willing to invest the blood, sweat and 10 hour work days with this company. Best of luck to anyone applying or starting off!

Interview Questions
    • They will put you on the spot and have you make mock sales calls. Be prepared   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Creative Group in July 2014.

The process was very easy and the person who interview was very nice and professional. She explains everything very well. The only thing is that the rate that they offer is very low for the quality of experience that I have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Creative Group in June 2014.

I received a call from Jen, the recruiting director at the Creative Group regarding a position I had inquired about through their company. On the phone Jen was very nice and friendly and seemed really interpreted about my career goals. However, when I went in for our interview the whole atmosphere of the office was very corporate and not very creative or warm. When I finally got to meet Jen in person, I got the same vibe and the interview was very dull and I got the impression that it was not going well.

After the interview, I still tried to be positive and a week or so later Jen called me about a company that would want to interview me the next day. Besides the fact that it was extremely last minute, the job position wasn't even what I was looking for. But on the phone she seems really excited and lively compared to when we met in person.

Although I considered it, I did turn down the interview because ultimately that job was not what I was looking for.

Communication Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Creative Group in June 2014.

Upon arriving to interview, I was asked to complete a pretty hefty stack of forms. Most were standard accept a form waiving rights to obtain legal representation if you should have an employment dispute with the Creative Group. I along with a few other applicants in the reception area, had many questions about this form and was not comfortable signing.

The receptionist was very professional but did not feel comfortable addressing our questions. It seemed a bit slimy the way the form was worded. Someone not reading thoroughly could have easily signed away their rights.

After completing the forms I waited over an hour for my recruiter to call me back for the interview. The recruiter did not apologize for having me wait which seemed unprofessional.

Once the interview was underway everything flowed fine.

Internal Marketing ConsultantDirector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Creative Group in June 2014.

Got an email from a recruiter at TCG saying that she had received a request for a full-time Marketing Director, thought I'd be a good fit and asked if I would be interested in the position. I replied the same day with "Yes" and thanked her for the opportunity. Then I never heard back from her. I followed up 2 weeks later and still no reply. Not even "I'm sorry, things have been crazy busy" etc. And yes, she still works at TCG.

Just because someone is unemployed, doesn't give you the right to take advantage of their situation by treating them with disrespect. But that is exactly how The Creative Group treats recruits. This is an extremely unprofessional company. I would never want them representing me and I will never use them to fill positions at my new agency.