The Creative Group

Very Easy Interview

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Creative Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – I received a call from Jen, the recruiting director at the Creative Group regarding a position I had inquired about through their company. On the phone Jen was very nice and friendly and seemed really interpreted about my career goals. However, when I went in for our interview the whole atmosphere of the office was very corporate and not very creative or warm. When I finally got to meet Jen in person, I got the same vibe and the interview was very dull and I got the impression that it was not going well.

After the interview, I still tried to be positive and a week or so later Jen called me about a company that would want to interview me the next day. Besides the fact that it was extremely last minute, the job position wasn't even what I was looking for. But on the phone she seems really excited and lively compared to when we met in person.

Although I considered it, I did turn down the interview because ultimately that job was not what I was looking for.

Very Difficult Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Woodbridge, NJ

I applied through college or university and interviewed at The Creative Group.

Interview Details – I went on the 3 different interviews with this company with each interview lasting over an hour. The entire process was intense, intimidating and exhausting. Keep in mind when interviewing that they are looking to SELL the position to you and therefore will make the job sound much more appealing then it is. They put me on the spot in my first interview and had me make mock sales calls then proceeded to point out my flaws. The interviewer also emphasized that you have to be motived mostly by money to be successful with this company. After researching more about the company and their high turnover rate for employees I was not willing to invest the blood, sweat and 10 hour work days with this company. Best of luck to anyone applying or starting off!

Interview Question – They will put you on the spot and have you make mock sales calls. Be prepared   Answer Question

Cartographer Interview

Cartographer
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at The Creative Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – It was an in-person interview, which in the age of on-line no interview, I appreciate. The interviewer was personally focused on me (not just filling in blanks on a form). I was treated as a real individual.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Difficult Interview

Internal Marketing ConsultantDirector Interview

Internal Marketing ConsultantDirector
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at The Creative Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – Got an email from a recruiter at TCG saying that she had received a request for a full-time Marketing Director, thought I'd be a good fit and asked if I would be interested in the position. I replied the same day with "Yes" and thanked her for the opportunity. Then I never heard back from her. I followed up 2 weeks later and still no reply. Not even "I'm sorry, things have been crazy busy" etc. And yes, she still works at TCG.

Just because someone is unemployed, doesn't give you the right to take advantage of their situation by treating them with disrespect. But that is exactly how The Creative Group treats recruits. This is an extremely unprofessional company. I would never want them representing me and I will never use them to fill positions at my new agency.

Communication Specialist Interview

Communication Specialist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Creative Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – Upon arriving to interview, I was asked to complete a pretty hefty stack of forms. Most were standard accept a form waiving rights to obtain legal representation if you should have an employment dispute with the Creative Group. I along with a few other applicants in the reception area, had many questions about this form and was not comfortable signing.

The receptionist was very professional but did not feel comfortable addressing our questions. It seemed a bit slimy the way the form was worded. Someone not reading thoroughly could have easily signed away their rights.

After completing the forms I waited over an hour for my recruiter to call me back for the interview. The recruiter did not apologize for having me wait which seemed unprofessional.

Once the interview was underway everything flowed fine.

Interview Question – All questions were standard.   Answer Question

Creative Recruiter Interview

Creative Recruiter
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Creative Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – I first received an email then went in for three rounds of interviews. The questions were general and based on my experience.Repeatedly asked if I was ok with sales or if I had sales experience. I met with other team members as well. Start date was pushed back a lot.

Negotiation Details – Strict on salary offer but they don't say why..

Senior Art Director Interview

Senior Art Director
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at The Creative Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with recruiter, great office, great recruiter...everyone is very friendly and relaxed. Sent an email online to the recruiting team and got an email within the day, set up the initial interview through email. Their office is downtown, somewhat difficult to get to because of traffic and expensive garage, but they have a great office space and everyone was very helpful. I hadn't been to their office in more than 10 years, when they just had a small space.

Interview Question – What are you looking for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed.

Internal Marketing Consultant Interview

Internal Marketing Consultant
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at The Creative Group.

Interview Details – This was not an interview to be working for TCG directly. It was, however, an opportunity for the company to get to know me and my goals. So that they could best help to market my skills in order to obtain new employment. Of which, of course, they would retain a placement fee.

Interview Question – Nothing to report that would be considered "negative". Amy Leeper took time to access what her company could provide (with regards to matching my skills; with the appropriate employer). She was very professional and took the time to introduce me to her team. This can be a slow process. However, I do feel confident in Amy's ability to source the right opportunity.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Creative Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter contacted me by email. We agreed to a Skype interview to get acquainted.

Interview Question – The questions were all about my skills or the type of positions I was looking for. She was very friendly and helpful in discussing types of positions I would be interested in pursuing.   Answer Question

Art Director—Contract Interview

Art Director—Contract
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at The Creative Group.

Interview Details – Very thorough and I was treated with kit gloves. Amazing.

Interview Question – What is your ideal situation? This never seems to exist and is difficult to answer because it can pigeon-hole a candidate   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was for future contract work, so no negotiations necessary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Creative Group

Worked for The Creative Group? Contribute to the Community!