The Creative Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiting Manager Interview

Recruiting Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Creative Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – 1 Phone interview
3 Face to face interviews (each on separate days) with three different division directors or branch managers.
1 Job Shadow
Total of four visits prior to an offer and I had to pay $10.00 for parking and a dollar for tolls each time. They do not validate.
No Drug Test
No Background Check
You pay $70.00/month for Parking
You pay $15.00 for your parking and building passes

Interview Question – There were no original questions. Everything I was asked was something that was expected. The managers kept trying to push me into a Sales role and couldn't understand that I didn't want one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I tried to tell them that I needed to speak with my family before I decided and the person who made the offer was disgruntled. She kept asking me what I needed to discuss and saying that she was disappointed that I didn't accept right away. She also said she felt concerned now that she may have made the wrong decision. I found out later that it was a bullying technique that they use with their field staff to make them take a job - acting like they will walk away from a candidate if they don't accept right away.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Recruiting Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Creative Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, which included the offer. The interview process was quite surprising as there was little they really wanted to know other than who in the industry I could provide them as "references" which actually turned out to be leads...references were always contacted and asked 3 key questions about them, not the person they were the reference for. Initial interview was about 45 minutes talking about my experience, industry knowledge, and a bit about the day to day life of a recruiter. My direct questions regarding turnover, and how many people had been in the position before me were deflected and as I'd find out later, I was directly lied too. The pay rate was established but not clarified in the initial interview and I was given the hard sell on coming to work there because there was "no way, I couldn't be successful with all my industry knowledge and ability". It was almost comical how in my face they were about how I would probably be making $120K in year two.

Interview Question – Actually the most difficult question had to do with who my references, as really they only wanted industry references and I only had a few which seemed like a problem. Later I was to find out why...references were really only leads for candidates, what companies are hiring, possible future opportunities, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that unfortunately, as a new person, the base pay of $48,000 was all that was available and that was somewhat true. They have a set salary/draw amount for the year and when that is used up, there is "no more". So the year I was hired I was told there was no more, but just a few months later in the next calendar year, they suddenly could pay my co-worker (with only 5 months of recruiting experience while I had 2 years) $4K more than what they were paying me, because there was more salary/draw amount available. This was very frustrating to find out later that if I'd waited another month I'd have gotten a more livable wage. They also seemed to be in a hurry, wanting to lock me down asap.

Worked for The Creative Group? Contribute to the Community!