The Davey Tree Expert Company Interview Questions

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Davey Tree Expert Company

Data Collection Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company in January 2014.

I received a call from the hiring manager just over a month after applying online. We arranged a video Skype interview two days later which went, in my opinion, quite well. When asked when I should hear back from him, he replied later this week. This I found odd since it was already a Thursday, but, of course, I did not question it. Unfortunately, I never did hear back from him so I took the initiative and followed up with him. We played some phone tag, and then, he just ignored my calls and emails. He was a nice guy and appeared like a good guy to work for. It would have been nice to treated in a more professional way.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult or unexpected questions. In fact, he really did not ask too many questions. He more or less explained the tasks, equipment, software, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company in February 2013.

If you have college experience and express interest in urban forestry, an internship or summer job is pretty easy to get. They like to ask questions about team work and safety.

Interview Questions
    They are a huge company and have a lot of willing applicants to there isn't much room for negotiation.

Grounds Men Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goshen, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goshen, IN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company in January 2009.

one interview was asked me experence level took drug test was hired in three day after drug test

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ancaster, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ancaster, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company in October 2013.

Interview was set up via recruitment agency based out of Burlington, and was scheduled for the very end of the workday.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very limited - it was more of a scripted reading of the job description. Not a very professional interview process.   Answer Question

Data Collection Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company in May 2011.

received a call from a supervisor describing what the job entailed without much detail and asked if i was interested in pursuing. a few days later i got set up with a 1:1 interview with my would-be supervisor at a nearby site to the location i would be working at. interview consisted of a detailed job description and a look at a utility pole in the parking lot of subway. got the job offer right then.

Interview Questions
    • Would would you do in this certain situation? (listed different scenarios relating to the job)   Answer Question

Anything Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company in June 2010.

there was no interview. just took drug test and was hired