The Davey Tree Expert Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

1.6

Clubhouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was very nice, a few questions that were pretty easy. The interviewers were very easy to talk to and get to know on the spot. They were really just interested in what you could bring to the table for them.

Utility Forester Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company.

Interview

I went through one phone interview, one 1:1 interview and, and one group interview and was asked very basic questions. A week or two passed between interviews making it a very drawn out process.

Interview Questions

Company representative stated position paid one salary and after three interviews, representative told me the position paid a lower salary.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company in January 2014.

Interview

I received a call from the hiring manager just over a month after applying online. We arranged a video Skype interview two days later which went, in my opinion, quite well. When asked when I should hear back from him, he replied later this week. This I found odd since it was already a Thursday, but, of course, I did not question it. Unfortunately, I never did hear back from him so I took the initiative and followed up with him. We played some phone tag, and then, he just ignored my calls and emails. He was a nice guy and appeared like a good guy to work for. It would have been nice to treated in a more professional way.

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult or unexpected questions. In fact, he really did not ask too many questions. He more or less explained the tasks, equipment, software, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

If you have college experience and express interest in urban forestry, an internship or summer job is pretty easy to get. They like to ask questions about team work and safety.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are a huge company and have a lot of willing applicants to there isn't much room for negotiation.

Tree Climber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company (Detroit, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

There is no interview, you sign the union books and hope they call you with a job offer. When they call with an offer you go back to the union hall and sign up to start work.

General Foreman Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company in January 2012.

Interview

Process was very simple. I was told that they wanted to offer me a position in management. The promotion prior to that I was simple told that they were starting a new position and I was being considered. The "interview" came rather unexpectedly as I was picked up from my job location and taken to the interview. Upon arriving I was put in a room with other candidates were the job expectations were discussed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, the position was part of a union contract with a pre-negotiated wage

Lawn and Tree Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Simple questions about goals and any experience. The interview only took less than 45 min. I was called a day later to do a drug test. Then 2-3 days later got a call with results. They had me go in after paper worked cleared and drug testing passed. I watched about 2 days of videos and did CPR traing. I also took a pesticide test that same week. It's definitely a plus to study ahead of time. I would say from day of interview till first day of actual training it took about a week. I had training for about 2 weeks before they had me driving on my own doing lawn applications.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer

Grounds Men Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goshen, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company (Goshen, IN) in January 2009.

Interview

one interview was asked me experence level took drug test was hired in three day after drug test

Interview Questions

• whay do u want to work for davey   1 Answer
    • what can u offer davey   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ancaster, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company (Ancaster, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview was set up via recruitment agency based out of Burlington, and was scheduled for the very end of the workday.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very limited - it was more of a scripted reading of the job description. Not a very professional interview process.   Answer Question

Data Collection Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Davey Tree Expert Company in May 2011.

Interview

received a call from a supervisor describing what the job entailed without much detail and asked if i was interested in pursuing. a few days later i got set up with a 1:1 interview with my would-be supervisor at a nearby site to the location i would be working at. interview consisted of a detailed job description and a look at a utility pole in the parking lot of subway. got the job offer right then.

Interview Questions

• Would would you do in this certain situation? (listed different scenarios relating to the job)   Answer Question