The Dial Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at The Dial Corporation in January 2011.

Interview Details – Only had a phone inteview which I obtained thanks to the career center at my university. I just submitted my resume for consideration and received an interview. The inteview questions were pretty basic and easy answer. The interviewer was relatively laid back not to intensive and seemed more interested in the person than technical skills.

Interview Questions

Process Engineering Intern Interview

Process Engineering Intern
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Dial Corporation in November 2009.

Interview Details – Initially submitted resume at campus career fair. Invited back for on campus interview with HR manager in charge of campus recruiting. Interviewer was pleasant,extremely likable, and very personable. Then accepted for a plant trip about a month later. Plant trip consisted of three, one-hour interviews with plant manager, business department manager and associated maintainence manager, and engineering manager. Lunch consisted of "hidden" interview with young engineer, HR manager, and another business unit manager. Afternoon consisted of 30 minute plant tour.

Interview Question – Talk about a technical team project you recently completed. What were the challenges and what type of planning and/or motivating did you need to do to successfully accomplish the project?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was extremely competitive for internship.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Scottsdale, AZ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Dial Corporation in April 2007.

Interview Details – The initial interview consisted of a phone interview. Many questions regarding my skill set were asked. Next, I came into the office and met with 3 different people over the course of 2 days. I met with developers as well as project manager. Overall, everyone was really friendly. Human resources was also helpful.

Interview Questions

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at The Dial Corporation in September 2011.

Interview Details – It was a 4 hour interview

Asked a number lot of behavioral questions, general Marketing questions and Marketing case questions.
Behavioral questions were about leadership skills.
    Was there a situation when you have to convince someone?
    How do you handle a conflict in a team?
    Have you ever changed an existing process?
    What's your leadership style?
    Describe a failure you experienced.
    Have you managed a cross-functional team?
    Give an example that demonstrates your analytical and quantitative skills

General questions:
Why this company? Why Marketing? etc.

Case questions tested understanding of general Marketing concepts.
What would you do if your competitor did X? What do you do if sales of product X are down?

Interview Question – Was there a situation when you have to convince someone?   Answer Question

Worked for The Dial Corporation? Contribute to the Community!