The Distinctive Edge Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

1.6

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Distinctive Edge.

Interview

Three Interviews. The first interview is really short. I don't really know how you can fail that one, but then they ask for you to come back for the next round of interviews. The 2nd is with an employee which describes the business and how promotion and pay works. The 3rd interview was with someone considerable above in rank than the second person. I don't really want to give away too much of what they ask or discuss because they could change and I would hate to give someone so false information.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my hobbies in general, but not those that relate to the business.   Answer Question

100% commission.

Business Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Distinctive Edge (Towson, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

The are required to take you for coffee, my guy was so broke from this job that his card got declined. The job is basically all commission, they try and play it off like thats the fair way to do things, but thats to be expected from and sales/marketing firm.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all pretty easy, they just wanted to make it seem like there was a possibility that I might not get the job. I am certain that nearly every person who interviews gets offered a position.   Answer Question

All commission seems a little suspect.

Sales/Marketing Intern = Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Distinctive Edge (Timonium, MD).

Interview

Got an email about an interview very fast. 1st interview is basically manager explaining the position and answering questions. 15-25 mins 2nd interview is with team leaders. Typical behavioral questions

door-to-door sales weird requirements in the contract

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Distinctive Edge.

Interview

3 step interview process

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Distinctive Edge (Timonium, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Took about a week. The interview was fairly simple took place inside of a Starbucks and they asked me how much do I know about marketing. Once I explained they proceed to inform me of the career path.

Interview Questions

• What are the different forms of marketing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Its full commission no negotiation

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Distinctive Edge in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted within a day of applying online. I spoke with the recruiter on the phone for about 5 minutes where they explained the position again for me very briefly and clarified some of the information on my resume. I then had a first round interview where I met with the manager for about 20 minutes. This is where they explained the position for me and went over my resume in detail. After the first interview I was invited in for a second interview with was a much more detailed interview with one of the recruiters where I shadowed them for about an hour. After this interview I had a 3rd interview immediately after where I met the the manager of the company to go over what I felt about the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Distinctive Edge (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process is essentially identical to the interviews for full time Account Execs. You go in for a screening interview, where they judge your first impression and go over the resume. If you look good, keep eye contact and exude confidence, you get invited back for a full-day shadow with a top sales rep. At the end of the day you come back to the office for a final interview with the boss. If the sales rep liked you, it's your job to lose at that point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can have either 100% commission or a base salary plus 30% of your commissions. The way the numbers work out, you'd be a moron to take the base salary. Either you make enough money to make it worth it, or get a new job.

Sales/Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Distinctive Edge.

Interview

The first interview took literally less than 5 minutes. I don't know why they couldn't do that online but had to do it in office, because it's a total waste of time. After the first interview just being the interviewer describing the position, I was invited to the second one. During the second one, you are asked typical behavioral questions, nothing too unexpected. The interview was relatively easy.