The Distinctive Edge Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

1.8

Sales/Marketing Intern = Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timonium, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Distinctive Edge.

Got an email about an interview very fast.
    1st interview is basically manager explaining the position and answering questions. 15-25 mins
    2nd interview is with team leaders. Typical behavioral questions

door-to-door sales
    weird requirements in the contract

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Distinctive Edge.

3 step interview process

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timonium, MD

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Distinctive Edge in May 2012.

Took about a week. The interview was fairly simple took place inside of a Starbucks and they asked me how much do I know about marketing. Once I explained they proceed to inform me of the career path.

Interview Questions
    • What are the different forms of marketing.   View Answer
    Its full commission no negotiation

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Distinctive Edge in December 2011.

I was contacted within a day of applying online. I spoke with the recruiter on the phone for about 5 minutes where they explained the position again for me very briefly and clarified some of the information on my resume.
    I then had a first round interview where I met with the manager for about 20 minutes. This is where they explained the position for me and went over my resume in detail. After the first interview I was invited in for a second interview with was a much more detailed interview with one of the recruiters where I shadowed them for about an hour. After this interview I had a 3rd interview immediately after where I met the the manager of the company to go over what I felt about the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I applied online – interviewed at The Distinctive Edge in May 2011.

The interview process is essentially identical to the interviews for full time Account Execs. You go in for a screening interview, where they judge your first impression and go over the resume. If you look good, keep eye contact and exude confidence, you get invited back for a full-day shadow with a top sales rep. At the end of the day you come back to the office for a final interview with the boss. If the sales rep liked you, it's your job to lose at that point.

Interview Questions
    You can have either 100% commission or a base salary plus 30% of your commissions. The way the numbers work out, you'd be a moron to take the base salary. Either you make enough money to make it worth it, or get a new job.