The Distinctive Edge

Very Easy Interview

Sales/Marketing Intern = Entry Level Interview

Sales/Marketing Intern = Entry Level
Timonium, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Distinctive Edge.

Interview Details – Got an email about an interview very fast.
1st interview is basically manager explaining the position and answering questions. 15-25 mins
2nd interview is with team leaders. Typical behavioral questions

Reason for Declining – door-to-door sales
weird requirements in the contract

Very Easy Interview

Field Representative Interview

Field Representative
Timonium, MD

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Distinctive Edge in May 2012.

Interview Details – Took about a week. The interview was fairly simple took place inside of a Starbucks and they asked me how much do I know about marketing. Once I explained they proceed to inform me of the career path.

Interview Question – What are the different forms of marketing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Its full commission no negotiation

Intern Interview

Intern
Lutherville Timonium, MD

I applied online - interviewed at The Distinctive Edge in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is essentially identical to the interviews for full time Account Execs. You go in for a screening interview, where they judge your first impression and go over the resume. If you look good, keep eye contact and exude confidence, you get invited back for a full-day shadow with a top sales rep. At the end of the day you come back to the office for a final interview with the boss. If the sales rep liked you, it's your job to lose at that point.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can have either 100% commission or a base salary plus 30% of your commissions. The way the numbers work out, you'd be a moron to take the base salary. Either you make enough money to make it worth it, or get a new job.

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Distinctive Edge.

Interview Details – 3 step interview process

Interview Question – one word to describe yourself   Answer Question

Worked for The Distinctive Edge? Contribute to the Community!