The Egg and I Restaurants Interview Questions & Reviews

1.8

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at The Egg and I Restaurants in April 2014.

You need to go to the actual restaurant to apply. You can get the application at the store but I filled mine out before going there just to be prepared. And the manager was pretty pleased at the preparation. I got the interview as soon as I went to the restaurant. The interview went well until I was asked the question, "Can you work on Sundays?" As a Christian, I told him no I can't. And because Egg&I only opens from like 7am-2:30pm, it was impossible for me to make the time. The manager said to contact him when I decided to move my church activities. So, working on sundays is MANDATORY. Don't think about applying if you can't work on sundays.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Egg and I Restaurants in April 2013.

The interview was very basic. The only thing that I really remember is that the manager told me that I would make a great asset

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any questions that I feel where diificult   Answer Question

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at The Egg and I Restaurants in June 2012.

Rushed, unprofessional. Management is flying by the seat of their pants. Not a good atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiating. Take it or leave it attitude. Manager proud to say they go through hundreds of people!

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Egg and I Restaurants in January 2012.

There were two interviews, one with the general manager and one with the assistant manager. I was told there's usually an interview with the district manager, but they skipped it because he was quite busy. The interviews were both very short, about 10 - 15 minutes long. The restaurant is pretty laid back, the manager is very nice, but she gets the job done. Not afraid to get her hands dirty and help out wherever needed. There are quite a few strict rules outlined in the handbook, but as long as you're nice and you get your job done and make the guest happy, they don't worry about the rules too much.

Interview Questions
    • What are your the two things that might make someone think you're not right for this job.   View Answer
    No negotiation. I was offered the time slot I wanted. The pay is minimum wage for tipped employees, $4.62 per hour plus 1.5% of total restaurant sales as tips. It averages to about $9.50 per hour.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Egg and I Restaurants

Worked for The Egg and I Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!