The Execu|Search Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Execu|Search Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Execu|Search Group in March 2014.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter via LinkedIn with an enticing message, that followed with a phone call. Upon learning more, I was assured that it would be worth coming in. I met with HR, the VP who I would be reporting to, and a peer I would be working aside. I then came back the following week to meet with HR, VP, CEO, and two more peers to speak about their success in the company.

Interview Questions
    • There was not a difficult question, as the interview was more conversational.   Answer Question

Staffing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Execu|Search Group.

I was first contacted via email to discuss my experience and why I was interested in this position / the company as a whole. We had a 40 minute phone conversation and I was brought in for my first round, then proceeded to have a second and third round where I got to meet about 4-5 other people in the company who asked me questions and shared their experiences with me which was very helpful in making my decision.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates me? How would I make this position different from my last position?   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate and stick within the range I was looking for.

Sales Interview

The overall interview process with this firm was smooth, welcoming and interactive. After applying to one of their openings posted online, it took less than 12 hours for the Head of HR to contact me to discuss an opportunity. The initial telephone conversation allowed reciprocal exchanges and was set up to allow me to really ensure this was an opportunity that matched my interests. The firm demonstrated a high sense of urgency and confirmed a face to face interview as soon as possible based on availabilities.

The first face to face interview was to meet with HR and to meet directly with the hiring manager. The second interview phase was to meet with other members of the team. What I appreciated from this particular interview process is that there were no traps set up. The interview process was to get to know you and for you to get to know the firm and your future colleagues. Many companies have you go through testing, personality assessments and up to four different interviews that can result in the process taking up to several months. The Execu|Search Group understands the competitiveness in the market place and ensures they make it as seamless as possible for a potential candidate.

Throughout the entire process starting from the initial conversation to the background verification, the HR team never stopped communicating with me until the offer was made. It was very reassuring and it also made me feel wanted (compared to what I had experienced with other companies)

I did accept an offer; I’ve been with The Execu|Search Group for 2 months. I can confirm that throughout the interview process, the hiring managers were transparent and honest about the realities of the company (mission and values), about the job itself and the way they run their business.

Staffing Manager Interview

After I applied to The Execu Search Group I was contact for a phone screening. Soon after I was brought into the office twice to meet with different people. Everyone was extremely accessible and supportive throughout this process. Everyone I met with was so nice and informative. After my final interview, I was contacted by HR who let me know I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • A few of the more thought provoking questions were: 1)What motivates you? 2) How do you know you will be successful in this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Execu|Search Group in January 2014.

Went into the office 2 times and meet with around 15 people across different groups. Everyone I spoke with was extremely nice, and you could tell they really enjoyed working there. I was able to gain a thorough understanding of the responsibilities and growth potential.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Execu|Search Group in July 2012.

4 interviews with team members and senior management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Execu|Search Group in February 2012.

Very informal, but informative. met with about 4 people from the group at various levels to determine how they started and how they got where they are and what the job truly entails

Interview Questions
    • why are you different from all the other charismatic people that say they will do well here and then fail?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Extensive and great training

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Execu|Search Group in February 2013.

Phone Interview, one round interview with HR, and then a second round interview with the Management team of the industry you will potentially be working

Staffing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Execu|Search Group in December 2012.

Had an initial telephone interview with Director of HR. Then had 4 interviews over two days with management.

Worked for The Execu|Search Group? Contribute to the Community!