The Execu|Search Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Execu|Search Group

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group.

Interview

In office interview was very conversational, as was expected given the nature of the position. Met with the Managing Director of Corporate Human Resources. Very, very nice woman who was able to increase my interest immediately by relaying her passion. An enjoyable experience speaking with her. After 45 mins, I was invited back to shadow some of the staff. I declined at the time due to a prior commitment, opting to come back another day, by the time I set that up (the next day) I was informed they had gone with someone else. Disappointing by that is how it goes at times.

Interview Questions

• Questions were routine, dealing with my past experience (which is limited) and my future goals. Questions had a focus on finding one's stability should they be selected.   Answer Question

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group.

Interview

sent in application and was contacted to attend a career day event. everyone was extremely friendly and seemed to enjoy their jobs. mostly wanted to see your personality and see if you're a good fit for their company.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group.

Interview

Initially I applied for a position within the organization. When I intimated that I may also be interested in opportunities outside of the organization they were eager to setup a time for me to visit. Although everyone was kind, I felt rushed and the time was not very constructive. They didn't even bring up internal possibilities, my primary interest. Over the course of a few days, I met with two different people on-site and spoke to three people on the phone. Another person I reached out to didn't even reply to me. Overall, I just felt shuffled around. You get a sense that you're being rushed and what they're doing is merely a numbers game. The follow up was poor, as was the professional advice. This was a surprise considering I have ample job experience, I'm an MBA graduate with honors, and I can furnish many recommendations. Something is clearly amiss here.

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy, straight forward. I applied online, received a call two days later. Went in for a interview, filled out paper work. I attended a mandatory training, and was fingerprinted. When everything came back I was assigned a case and have been working ever since.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiating.

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group.

Interview

The hiring process was extremely organized and professional. I applied online through LinkedIn and a few weeks later I was on the phone doing a phone screening with a recruiter. After completing the phone screening, they liked me enough to bring me in for an interview. After the first interview, I was invited for a second interview in their headquarters in NYC.

Interview Questions

• What are some key skills that you have that will make you successful in this position? What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Staffing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group.

Interview

I was first contacted via email to discuss my experience and why I was interested in this position / the company as a whole. We had a 40 minute phone conversation and I was brought in for my first round, then proceeded to have a second and third round where I got to meet about 4-5 other people in the company who asked me questions and shared their experiences with me which was very helpful in making my decision.

Interview Questions

• What motivates me? How would I make this position different from my last position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate and stick within the range I was looking for.

Sales Interview

Application

Interview

The overall interview process with this firm was smooth, welcoming and interactive. After applying to one of their openings posted online, it took less than 12 hours for the Head of HR to contact me to discuss an opportunity. The initial telephone conversation allowed reciprocal exchanges and was set up to allow me to really ensure this was an opportunity that matched my interests. The firm demonstrated a high sense of urgency and confirmed a face to face interview as soon as possible based on availabilities. The first face to face interview was to meet with HR and to meet directly with the hiring manager. The second interview phase was to meet with other members of the team. What I appreciated from this particular interview process is that there were no traps set up. The interview process was to get to know you and for you to get to know the firm and your future colleagues. Many companies have you go through testing, personality assessments and up to four different interviews that can result in the process taking up to several months. The Execu|Search Group understands the competitiveness in the market place and ensures they make it as seamless as possible for a potential candidate. Throughout the entire process starting from the initial conversation to the background verification, the HR team never stopped communicating with me until the offer was made. It was very reassuring and it also made me feel wanted (compared to what I had experienced with other companies) I did accept an offer; I’ve been with The Execu|Search Group for 2 months. I can confirm that throughout the interview process, the hiring managers were transparent and honest about the realities of the company (mission and values), about the job itself and the way they run their business.

Staffing Manager Interview

Interview

After I applied to The Execu Search Group I was contact for a phone screening. Soon after I was brought into the office twice to meet with different people. Everyone was extremely accessible and supportive throughout this process. Everyone I met with was so nice and informative. After my final interview, I was contacted by HR who let me know I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• A few of the more thought provoking questions were: 1)What motivates you? 2) How do you know you will be successful in this role?   Answer Question

Executive Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Execu|Search Group (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter via LinkedIn with an enticing message, that followed with a phone call. Upon learning more, I was assured that it would be worth coming in. I met with HR, the VP who I would be reporting to, and a peer I would be working aside. I then came back the following week to meet with HR, VP, CEO, and two more peers to speak about their success in the company.

Interview Questions

• There was not a difficult question, as the interview was more conversational.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Extensive and great training