The Federal Bank

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Federal Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details – First Phase was MCQ exam, then interview.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Assistant Manager

I applied through college or university - interviewed at The Federal Bank in July 2011.

Interview Details – Bank has came to my MBA campus in July 2011. We had written Test followed by Group Discussion & Personal Interview. Process was conducted by Mafoi Consultency.

Interview Question – What is 360 degree appraisal?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations

New Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Federal Bank in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was a panel interview, with two interviewrs. They made me very comfortable. Most of the questions were related to my background. None of the questions related to bankin, which is good as I am from scince background and this was my first job.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, you were just expected to think on your feet   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary is fixed, no negotiation possible

Officer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Federal Bank in July 2010.

Interview Details – Campus selection
first selection on basis of Marks
group discussion
IQ test
Interview at head office
And initial posting to branch of their choice

Interview Question – About finance   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Federal Bank in March 2013.

Interview Details – Campus Recruitment. First round of group Discussion. second was MCQ questions testing technical knowledge and awareness Final round was personal interview at Federal bank head office.

Interview Question – Most of the question were related to internship with other bank. Most difficult question was related to case of Nostro and Vostro A/C of bank.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it was campus recruitment.

Interviewed at The Federal Bank

Interview Details – Interview panel got a good understanding about my background from the data I submitted in the form. Interview went on for almost 25-30 minutes. They asked me about my subject, passion for banking job, Indian economy- situation, economy's dependence on monsoon, questions based on a paper I had presented in a National Seminar.

Interview Question – What is your idea about the job of an Officer in the bank?
The person who led you or say your guide?( because the question was the most traditional one in a lot of well analyzing aptitude interview)
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – You needn't negotiate. The bank is offering the best in the industry..the very best actually!

Very Easy Interview

Officer Interview

Officer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Federal Bank in January 2012.

Interview Details – very easy

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Federal Bank in April 2013.

Interview Details – Campus process: Aptitude, Psychometric, G.D., the final Interview.
Asked all banking terminologies then stressed on my summer project which was about Project costing

Interview Question – Name three Women bankers who are at executive level except Chanda Kochar   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fixed salary

Probationary Officer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Federal Bank.

Interview Details – Through College placement, one interview round after G.D. and aptitude test, asked basic finance questions and general questions. Fairly normal, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – About marks becoming lower as time went on.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Visakhapatnam (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Federal Bank.

Interview Details – Mine is campus interview.

Interview Question – I don't remember much, but be prepared on every matter related to banking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, salary is fixed.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Federal Bank

Worked for The Federal Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Federal Bank interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Federal Bank employees and interview candidates.