The Federal Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

3.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Federal Bank

Probationary Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Federal Bank (Chennai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process consist of written test which included logical reasoning,quants,data interpretation, second round was group discussion and third round was personal interview which included both technical and general HR interview. Later the result was declared by combining the result of group discussion as wells as the personal interview. Both were considered for the final result.

Interview Questions

• Accounting, banking terms, financial management concepts, current banking industry and current affairs.   Answer Question

Probationary Officer Interview

Interview

Interview panel got a good understanding about my background from the data I submitted in the form. Interview went on for almost 25-30 minutes. They asked me about my subject, passion for banking job, Indian economy- situation, economy's dependence on monsoon, questions based on a paper I had presented in a National Seminar.

Interview Questions

• What is your idea about the job of an Officer in the bank?
      The person who led you or say your guide?( because the question was the most traditional one in a lot of well analyzing aptitude interview)

1 Answer

Negotiation

You needn't negotiate. The bank is offering the best in the industry..the very best actually!

Probationary Officer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Federal Bank.

Interview

Through College placement, one interview round after G.D. and aptitude test, asked basic finance questions and general questions. Fairly normal, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• About marks becoming lower as time went on.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Probationary Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Federal Bank (Delhi (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

Campus process: Aptitude, Psychometric, G.D., the final Interview.
    Asked all banking terminologies then stressed on my summer project which was about Project costing

Interview Questions

• Name three Women bankers who are at executive level except Chanda Kochar   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed salary

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Federal Bank (Visakhapatnam (India)).

Interview

Mine is campus interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember much, but be prepared on every matter related to banking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, salary is fixed.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Federal Bank (Mumbai (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Campus Recruitment. First round of group Discussion. second was MCQ questions testing technical knowledge and awareness Final round was personal interview at Federal bank head office.

Interview Questions

• Most of the question were related to internship with other bank. Most difficult question was related to case of Nostro and Vostro A/C of bank.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as it was campus recruitment.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Federal Bank.

Interview

Normally the hiring process starts with a written test - All India PO / Clerk exam, followed by an interview. Bank considers the scores of IBPS also. Campus interviews are also conducted to induct fresh talent directly from colleges. Lateral recruitment is slowly budding to see the light of the day.

Interview Questions

• The questions vary from candidates responses to various situations / cases.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary is fixed as per SBI scale.

Probationary Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jalgaon (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Federal Bank (Jalgaon (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

1st there was aptitude test then Group Discussion.... and final round was interview with deputy general manager of Bangalore Zone.

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Federal Bank (Bangalore (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

very easy

Negotiation

no negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Federal Bank in July 2011.

Interview

Bank has came to my MBA campus in July 2011. We had written Test followed by Group Discussion & Personal Interview. Process was conducted by Mafoi Consultency.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiations