The Forum Group

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

1.7

Vice President Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn and had a short phone call where everything sounded great. I got into the meeting and could tell right away that this was an old school company. The interior is something out of the 60's and not in a good way. Not the best vibe from the people either. I waited for 45 minutes for the meeting as people kept coming out saying to wait one more minute. As soon as sat with the senior manager, I could tell this was a very unorganized company that was not up to date with todays recruiting needs

Interview Questions

It's not a culture I want to be a part of

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at The Forum Group in October 2014.

Within five minutes I could tell this was not a updated recruitment firm. I met with a couple of people that really pushed that the company is VET owned, which is all well and good, but does not mean that it's all a competitive recruitment firm needs to be. They seemed to be a bit desperate and too fast to want to hire me. I was also left for about 20 minutes before they started the interview. In a city with great companies, don't waste your time in 1970.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Forum Group in September 2014.

I was contacted through LinkedIn by their HR individual. We went back and forth and finally I went into meet some people. I was shocked at how little many of the recruiters worked in the industries they were recruiting for. For a company that speaks so much about having experience in their fields and being ethical there were very little. Very old looking offices with an odd smell. Seems all sales oriented and very uptight.

just read the reviews

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Forum Group in August 2014.

The first meeting is with the manager of the specific line of business you are being interviewed for. The next interview will be with the VP of Business Development and finally you will meet with the CEO himself for a very informal conversation. They are extremely honest about what to expect and what is expected of you!

Full Desk Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at The Forum Group in May 2014.

Three interviews, two with senior mgmt. one with division manager. All professional and pretty thorough. Was also offered option to meet team members within department. whole process took less than 10 days. Commission structure, illustration of earnings potential and offer letter well done and reviewed with mgmt. in their office. .

Interview Questions
    be straight forward with your earnings and desired goals.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Forum Group in November 2013.

The worse interview ever. I waited for 45 minutes. They had met me for 30 minutes and the next day I got an offer. No way. Something is very off here

Interview Questions
    • They tried to sell me on their technology. When I asked about it nobody could give me a straight answer except we're working on it. I should have done my homework, this company does not even have a facebook or twitter page. Technology?   Answer Question

Save yourself some time and research online.

Executive Recruiter Interview

Just asked basic behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • What have you done that translates well into this position   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Forum Group in August 2013.

It was a very quick process. I met some senior people and they offered the position the next day. I should have done my homework, the other account executives have all only been here under 8 months but the senior mgmt. who are all in their 60's have been here their whole career but there is no one in between those levels.

poor on my behalf.

Recruiter Interview

Very informal, meet the manager of the group you will work in and then the owner. No real HRprocess or HR person involved.

Interview Questions
    • Thre was nothing unexpected or difficult. Asked why I thought I would be successful in the role.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate, at least as far as I know. I think there are a few people in the firm that have special deals and that makes others resentful. Everyone is supposed to get the same commissions.