The Fountain Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.5

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Fountain Group (Randolph, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

The Fountain Group is an annoying and manipulative company that hires a lot of young kids who are thrown to the wolves trying to recruit candidates for client companies.

I have been called numerous times by their people even AFTER I told them I NEVER wanted to hear from them again. I've filed SIX SEPARATE complaints against the Fountain Group with the BBB of W. Florida and each time some rep of the company tells the BBB that they will NOT call again. Within a week 3,4, 5 or 6 different recruiters will all call about the same lousy jobs that I heard about from 10 other sleazebag agencies.

During my last interaction with the BBB, the Fountain Group's so called HR manager told them that they had blocked my phone numbers at their in-house teleco switch. Well, that BS, too because I still get calls and in many cases, you cannot call back on the # that shows on your cell or caller ID at home.

The turnover at TFG must be high and management does NOT tell their folks who NOT to call because I hear from TFG EVERY WEEK. I guess I'm going to have to become increasingly ruder and more vile to each and every one of these MORONS until they finally do get the message.

Avoid this staffing agency like the plague; there are thousands more where they came from and some are even decent and fairly honest. TFG is one of those US owned companies that contribute to the ongoing bad reputation of the staffing industry.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for a job?   1 Answer

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Fountain Group (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Go in and interview with coporate recruiter. Once you have interview if you did a good job, you will then take a recruiting exam you are given a req to determine what would the account manager be looking for

Talent Acquisition Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fountain Group.

Interview

Applied online, took about 3-4 weeks to get a call. Interviewed with Corporate Recruiter, asked a few questions then showed some job reqs from Entry Level to Sr Level. Then took an assessment written test about describing the ideal candidate for specific jobs. Got a mini tour of the call center environment and break room. Got a call 2 hours later and extended offer to start 3 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation even for experienced recruiters.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Fountain Group (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied online, next day received a phone call, set up an interview within 2 days, interview lasted about 40 minutes, was asked some questions about past work experience, then listened to interviewer talk for 25 minuets about company, took a short assesment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on pay, offered position in second interview on the spot

Help Desk Support Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Fountain Group in August 2014.

Interview

over the phone , Interviewer had heavy foreign accent. When the rep called me I was unsure if this was a legitimate job. After the interview I was instructed to be at the client site at a specified time. I was emailed the paper work for a background test and drug test. These I filled out and sent back to the company via email. showed up at the site and was hired on. They did not get around to the drug test until my fourth month working for them.

Interview Questions

• experience with ticketing systems , RSA and Active directory   1 Answer

ISC Project Management Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Fountain Group in February 2014.

Interview

As this is a contract position, hiring and paperwork is done remotely. Interviewing is at the request of the contracting company, Honeywell. One telephone interview from Honeywell HR was followed up by a call from the hiring manager. She knows me from a previous contract stint of 2years so the call was mainly to say congrats and welcome back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation took place

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Fountain Group (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Generally there are two rounds of in person interviews. Seems to be alot about personality and aptitude.

Interview Questions

• A specific experience on how you have made a process improvement versus followed the normal path.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fountain Group (Tampa, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

Mostly the interview was based on my understanding of Staffing / Recruiting as a business. I was tested on MS Outlook, Excel and Word. I was also tested on Boolean proficiency.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Open and Up Front

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Fountain Group (Tampa, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

Only had 1 interview. It was an in person interview by 2 people. I was hired the next day for the position. The environment seemed pretty laid back and welcoming at the time of the interview. They were very upfront with expectations and in hindsight what I was told in the interview has held true.

Interview Questions

• They asked a series of questions that were geared towards my reading comprehension combined with my desire to work in a commission based job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't any negotiation. It was this is what we are paying....take it or leave it.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Fountain Group (Tampa, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

1 brief phone screening and 1 in person interview. Try making any experience you have relevant to Recruiting and staffing. Talk about sales, onboarding, online searching, anything that can make a connection. If you already are a Recruiter I would consider another place to work. I told them about how I helped recruit employees at my previous company, how sales and recruiting are similar, etc. The interview isnt hard.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just sell yourself. They are looking for people who can think on their feet be taught.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The rate I believe is a flat rate. If you have previous experience there may be some room for negotiation, but for the most part they are looking for entry level people who have no room to negotiate