The Frankel Group

The Frankel Group Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Frankel Group

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Frankel Group in November 2013.

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Submitted resume and cover letter. Heard back in less than 1 week to schedule 30 minute phone interview. About half of conversation was hiring director telling me about Frankel group, then asked me to walk through resume/tell me about you. Why consulting?

I thought interview went well. Rejected 2 weeks after call...I was surprised to not advance.

Interview Questions
    • Mini-case (~5 min, you are told you will not be given enough information to give a detailed answer. Just want to see "initial brainstorming"). Question was: you are hired to estimate the revenue that will be generated by a drug that has just been approved.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at The Frankel Group in June 2013.

I was referred to them by a recruiter and so I did the first round of intereviews with the hiring manager. We scheduled the interview for a week after I was initially contacted. The interview lasted approximately 45 minutes with a series of questions and answers about my past experiences and my work history.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was not that difficult. It was a broad and fairly easy case to discuss but I allowed my nervousness to get the best of me and forgot my frameworks and so it just sounded like a bunch of random thoughts.   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Frankel Group.

On-campus interview (30 min) followed by an on-site interview that lasted about 4 hours. The company and people were really friendly and engaging. Culture seemed relaxed--I was asked to do different tasks that an analyst would do on a typical day. I met with about 8 different people in the office and felt very at-ease.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be the hardest part about this job for you?   View Answers (3)

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Frankel Group in February 2013.

Phone interview lasted 45min. Standard case interview. The question was led by a junior-level consultant who had just completed a project analogous to the case.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Frankel Group.

Applied online, and got contacted for a 30-minute phone interview shortly afterwards. Phone interview was with a recruiting manager. The interview both started and ended with an opportunity to ask questions about Frankel Group, which was interesting. The interview was really pretty standard - a couple of resume questions, "why consulting?", and then a mini-case. The case didn't go into much detail - it was more just setting up a structure for factors to consider.

I thought that the interview went pretty well, but got a rejection notice a week or two later. They have a no feedback policy, which is kind of lame.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Frankel Group in November 2011.

Initial phone chat with a recruiting manager out of their Cambridge office. General explanation of firm culture was given. They had me briefly walk through my resume.

On site interview was about 4 weeks later at their NY office. Lunch chat with two junior members of firm who were extremely sociable and relatively transparent about firm. That was followed by a 1hr 15 minute case analysis and presentation of calculations/conclusion.

Final 45 minute traditional case with a Principal. Another managing director came in to interview me for about 10 minutes w "fit" questions.

I walked out with mixed feelings, mostly to them having many non-scientist MBA's working on projects that are heavily grounded in science.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of something that you did at your last job.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Frankel Group in October 2010.

I met with a senior manager of the company, who was very courteous. We talked mainly about previous experiences and why I was interested in the company. The interview was primarily a behavioral one.