The Fresh Market

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Fresh Market in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from one of the Assistant Store Managers. I scheduled an interview with him for a few days later. I had originally applied for a full time bakery clerk. After the interview, he informed me that the position was part time. I declined. He went to speak to the Store Manager then returned with an offer for Deli Assistant Manager. I did a walk through with the Deli Manager a week later and started 2 weeks after that. For some reason it took my background check a while to come back.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.
(1) name a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as far as pay.

Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Fresh Market in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very informal, it compromised of a 1 time interview with the store manager. If you have more than 2 years experience you are pretty much hired.

Interview Question – None, it was very easy   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i was offered 14, i got it bumped to 15.
the cap for an assistant manager is 15,25 so if you get offered lower negotiate.

Louisville, KY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Fresh Market in December 2009.

Interview Details – Was very easy. Questions about experience.

Interview Question – What is your food service experience?   Answer Question

Assistant Deli Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at The Fresh Market in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was taken aside, asked a few questions. The manager stared at me for a few minutes. And said I could go home.

Interview Question – What would you offer in this position?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I already worked in the company, and knew the position didn't come with a raise, but it did come with more work.

Worked for The Fresh Market? Contribute to the Community!