The Fresh Market Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Fresh Market (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I got an email for a job as assistant manager for Fresh Market. I have management experience in retail, but don't know what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Fresh Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at The Fresh Market (Charlotte, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone screening by a recruiter from The Fresh Market in Greensboro North Carolina, I then had a Face to face interview with local District Manager then the RDO interview...took 45 minutes for each interview. I had 20 years experience at another grocery store as a store manger but offered me 43,000 a year salary.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your availability? Are you mobile?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations what so ever. take it or leave it attitude which stinks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Rogers, AR).

Interview

Simple interview about past job experiences.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

Three step interview process. First with recruiter or HR personal, second with district manager, and third with Retail Operations Manager.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult questions but you have to repeat the answers to the same questions for each interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation what ever rate go over with district manager is your rate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. Applied online. Took two / three online assessments after receiving email with links. Assessments are more difficult than expected. Then scheduled phone interview which lasted approximately 45 minutes. Shortly thereafter scheduled 1:1 with district manager. Basic scripted questions. Follow up 1:1 with regional manager. Entire process took 2 - 3 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation involved.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application online, went through an initial assessment and was then asked to complete a 2nd assessment. I was contacted by the recruiter a couple of days later who said I did well on the assessment and asked me a few questions, mostly about my management experience and willingness to relocate. I then went into the store and introduced myself to the Store Manager before being called for an interview, which I never was. Either they were not satisfied that my management experience extended to 7 employees, they got a bad reference, or they didn't like my taking initiative to meet the staff. Either way, the recruiter was very rude and would not let me talk. She tried to tell me what my experiences were instead of letting me explain my work history.

Interview Questions

• How many people have you managed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Hilton Head Island, SC) in August 2012.

Interview

Terribly long interview cycle. You wait weeks between interviews. Took 2 hard assessment tests and two interviews, one with HR guy then District Manager. Only had 1 more to go with Regional VP when I got the Dear John letter saying NO GO. Very disappointing and 8 weeks out of my life!

Interview Questions

• Explain how technology got in the way of handling a customers experience   Answer Question