The Fresh Market

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Memphis, TN

I applied online and interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview Details – I got an email for a job as assistant manager for Fresh Market. I have management experience in retail, but don't know what to expect.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for our company?   Answer Question

Rogers, AR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview Details – Simple interview about past job experiences.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it

Assistant Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview Details – Three step interview process. First with recruiter or HR personal, second with district manager, and third with Retail Operations Manager.

Interview Question – Not difficult questions but you have to repeat the answers to the same questions for each interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation what ever rate go over with district manager is your rate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Manager

I applied online and interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview Details – Lengthy interview process. Applied online. Took two / three online assessments after receiving email with links. Assessments are more difficult than expected. Then scheduled phone interview which lasted approximately 45 minutes. Shortly thereafter scheduled 1:1 with district manager. Basic scripted questions. Follow up 1:1 with regional manager. Entire process took 2 - 3 months.

Interview Question – Extent of mobility was deeply probed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation involved.

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Fresh Market in November 2012.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online, went through an initial assessment and was then asked to complete a 2nd assessment. I was contacted by the recruiter a couple of days later who said I did well on the assessment and asked me a few questions, mostly about my management experience and willingness to relocate. I then went into the store and introduced myself to the Store Manager before being called for an interview, which I never was. Either they were not satisfied that my management experience extended to 7 employees, they got a bad reference, or they didn't like my taking initiative to meet the staff.

Either way, the recruiter was very rude and would not let me talk. She tried to tell me what my experiences were instead of letting me explain my work history.

Interview Question – How many people have you managed?   View Answer

Hilton Head Island, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2012.

Interview Details – Terribly long interview cycle. You wait weeks between interviews. Took 2 hard assessment tests and two interviews, one with HR guy then District Manager. Only had 1 more to go with Regional VP when I got the Dear John letter saying NO GO. Very disappointing and 8 weeks out of my life!

Interview Question – Explain how technology got in the way of handling a customers experience   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Fresh Market

Worked for The Fresh Market? Contribute to the Community!

The Fresh Market Videos

The Fresh Market – Why Work for Us?

The Fresh Market was founded in 1982 with one simple goal in mind: to bring friends, family and neighbors high-quality products in a warm and friendly, old-world European atmosphere. Today, we continue to serve our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Fresh Market Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Fresh Market employees and interview candidates.