The Fresh Market

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online – interviewed at The Fresh Market.

I got an email for a job as assistant manager for Fresh Market. I have management experience in retail, but don't know what to expect.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for our company?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Fresh Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

Simple interview about past job experiences.

There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

Three step interview process. First with recruiter or HR personal, second with district manager, and third with Retail Operations Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult questions but you have to repeat the answers to the same questions for each interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation what ever rate go over with district manager is your rate.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Lengthy interview process. Applied online. Took two / three online assessments after receiving email with links. Assessments are more difficult than expected. Then scheduled phone interview which lasted approximately 45 minutes. Shortly thereafter scheduled 1:1 with district manager. Basic scripted questions. Follow up 1:1 with regional manager. Entire process took 2 - 3 months.

No negotiation involved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market in November 2012.

I filled out an application online, went through an initial assessment and was then asked to complete a 2nd assessment. I was contacted by the recruiter a couple of days later who said I did well on the assessment and asked me a few questions, mostly about my management experience and willingness to relocate. I then went into the store and introduced myself to the Store Manager before being called for an interview, which I never was. Either they were not satisfied that my management experience extended to 7 employees, they got a bad reference, or they didn't like my taking initiative to meet the staff.

Either way, the recruiter was very rude and would not let me talk. She tried to tell me what my experiences were instead of letting me explain my work history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilton Head Island, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2012.

Terribly long interview cycle. You wait weeks between interviews. Took 2 hard assessment tests and two interviews, one with HR guy then District Manager. Only had 1 more to go with Regional VP when I got the Dear John letter saying NO GO. Very disappointing and 8 weeks out of my life!

Interview Questions
    • Explain how technology got in the way of handling a customers experience   Answer Question