The Fresh Market Bakery Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

1.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online. They called me in for an interview 3 weeks later. I was not asked any questions during the interview. The manager just talked. And then we talked about my availability from my app. I was pretty much hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Fresh Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Montvale, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

The assistant store manager toldme aboutthe store and the job. Then the Bakery Manager joined us and I was shown around the department. The whole process was casual and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What types of experiences have you had.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was nogeotating in the beginning. After I moved into the Baker position, I requested a higher salary, the store manager agreed to it, but after he lift no increase was given even after requesting one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Hingham, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

They asked me typical questions. I sat outside with the manager on duty and he looked at my resume and questioned everything on it, basically. The normal hiring manager apparently forgot we had an interview, so I had the guy on duty. He openly admitted that he had never conducted an interview before, so I may have just been offered the job due to my awesomeness.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

Fill out an application online. If they are interested they will call you. Interview process is simple, they go from hiring manager to who ever is in charge of the department. Not to difficult to get a job there. You have to be honest, they expect the highest integrity from thier employees which is why it is a successful company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Newport News, VA) in July 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the assistant store manager. It took 1 1/2 hours. Essentially, praise the company and talk about how the values of the company are what you live by already (fresh, organic, clean, organized...). I got a call a few days later with the job offer. Orientation was a week after that and lasted 1 hour. They never called me to tell me when my first day was or my schedule. I just happened to be shopping there and they said my schedule was posted in the back. You have to be proactive about getting your pay check and pay stubs because they just keep them in the office which I found out after 3 weeks of working there. They have a high turnover due to low pay. Even the guy I interviewed with just put in his resignation notice after working with the company just under 2 years. Obviously not a lifelong career path.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you respond to safety violations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. If you don't take what they offer, they hire the next person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Charlotte, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

One interview face to face, about 30 min. Mostly behavioral questions. Even if you suck they will hire you because of the high turnover

Interview Questions

• None, all of the questions are very easy, they want to hire you because they always need people   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they won't ever negotiate pay with you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Greenville, SC) in April 2011.

Interview

I filled out an online application and then called a couple days later letting me know my score on the personality assessment was good and they wanted me to come in for an interview if I was still interested. I set up an appointment with the bakery manager, and the interview was pretty short. About 10 min. She offered me the job and I set up a second time to come in to fill out paperwork with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• There were no suprising questions in the interview. Mostly just straightforward questions about work experience and how it related to the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Roanoke, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

Pretty quick, everything online. followed with one on one interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

Completed online application, waited 1 week and made personal in-store contact with GM, who told me to call and set up interview with the Dept Mgr. Was told I'd get 3-4 shifts, but in reality it changed every single week from 5 shifts one week to 1 single shift the next, followed by3 shifts over the next 2 weeks, then 2 weeks of overtime, then back to one shift...very inconsistent-never knew if I'd be going in at 6:00 AM or closing at 10:00 PM, but ALWAYS expected to work weekends so Management could have off!

Interview Questions

• nothing-very simple and basic interview..nothing special or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for higher to start or expect to be stuck for a very long time!