The Fresh Market

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Laguna Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Fresh Market in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back within a few days for an in store interview. I showed up early and ready to go for my interview. I couldn't have been more disappointed. The manager just sat there with his legs and arms crossed almost as if it was an inconvenience to be interviewing me. I could tell from the very outset just based on the managers body language that even though I have 11 years retail experience as a cashier I wouldn't be hearing back from Fresh Market.

Interview Question – No difficult questions just horrible interviewers   Answer Question

Miami Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Fresh Market in April 2013.

Interview Details – This was a semi formal interview where I was hired on the spot. I had a one on one with the scheduling Manager on duty and explained to her why I wanted to be a part of Fresh Market.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate for this position.

Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Fresh Market in June 2012.

Interview Details – The managers who interviewed me were real nice. Was straight to the point about what position I would have & what I would be getting paid. They asked about my experience & about what I could bring to the company. It was just a real good experience for me.

Interview Question – There was not any difficult questions that I can remember. It was pretty simple, basic & to the point about what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Asheville, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview Details – I was called about a week after putting in my application and asked to come in a couple days later. Once I showed up the manager basically spent the entire time talking about how they are a specialty store with needy customers. He asked where I used to work, what hours I was looking for, when I could start, and for me to describe a good customer experience. Then he got my social for a background check and said he would call. Then I left. Very easy interview, if it could be called that. I was offered the job a week later and I accepted.

Interview Question – Describe a good experience you had with a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told him I needed full time and at least $9 an hour in order to be able to pay my bills. This was accepted.

Jacksonville, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out an application and took the personality test in the store and called the store a week later to follow-up. It's important to answer the questions how you think they want you to (don't say you would ever even think about taking money from the register or that some people deserve bad things) Had an interview with general questions about myself and my life goals and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – What do you plan on doing for a career later in life?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Fresh Market in October 2011.

Interview Details – Asked me questions about my previous work experience and tried to gauge how far I would go/how long I wanted to work for this company. Took note of my availability. Asked how I deal with disgruntled customers. Took down birthday/s.s # for background check, and was told if I was clear I would be hired. This process took about 2 weeks until I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate. I looked up salaries on Glassdoor to figure out how much I should be getting paid before my interview. I was able to get .50 more from this!

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at The Fresh Market in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and called the store manager. Went in and talked with the manager and was basically hired on the spot. If you can develop a good relationship with the store manager you will probably get the job.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you exceeded a customer's expectations.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Fresh Market in October 2010.

Interview Details – Meeting Assistant Manager then Manager

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable

Worked for The Fresh Market? Contribute to the Community!