The Fresh Market Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

1.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

The interview process is really quick if you get called for an interview and have a clean background then you will most likely get the job. Depending on the manager they wont ask too many questions. They offer you a high rate of pay and depending on experience you may get more. keep in mind that if you apply as part time your hours could drop drastically and there is nothing you can really do bout it. Full time here is the only way you will be guaranteed hours.

Interview Questions

• Why are you no longer working at your previous job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Fresh Market

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

The interview was quick, and straight to the point. They asked me to tell them something about myself, asked about my previous work history, and we chatted about what I'd be doing as a cashier. I was introduced to a few employees as well, and immediately got started on the employment process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to provide a customer the best service? What made you choose the Fresh Market?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Louisville, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

I showed up, dressed to impress. I met with the Store Director, and we sat down at a table in the foyer. He started asking me some questions, then finally said, "Well, you're obviously qualified for the job. You're personable, you make eye contact, and you're very nice. Lets not waste 30 minutes of our lives. You have the job." I was introduced to the front end manager and was hired on right then and there.

Interview Questions

• How would you display great customer service to someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Memphis, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

It took two months to hear from these people, but they were very nice once I arrived. Questions were pretty simple, asking if I could handle the high customer demands and about my job experience. The interview was over fairly quickly and they asked me to sign a consent form for a background check. All in all an average interview process, except for the time it took for them to contact me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you encountered a difficult situation at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Hampton, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interviewer had a list of questions that "corporate" hands out to ask everyone else. She was going through all of them and deciding which ones to ask and which ones she didn't want to ask. I felt like that should have been decided BEFORE the interview to avoid the awkward silence and flipping between pages.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or out of the ordinary. Basic questions about employment background, had I ever worked retail/grocery/cashier/customer service, have I ever shopped at Fresh Market, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Richmond, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty short and to-the-point. After applying online, I was contacted pretty quickly to come in for an interview. It was a sit-down with one of the managers, and they asked questions about my previous retail experience, as well as talking about the results of the survey that was part of the online application process. Overall it was a pretty relaxed and casual vibe to the interview, and I don't think it lasted longer than 10 minutes or so.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a difficult customer interaction you've had, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Laguna Hills, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few days for an in store interview. I showed up early and ready to go for my interview. I couldn't have been more disappointed. The manager just sat there with his legs and arms crossed almost as if it was an inconvenience to be interviewing me. I could tell from the very outset just based on the managers body language that even though I have 11 years retail experience as a cashier I wouldn't be hearing back from Fresh Market.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in May 2014.

Interview

My interview was really relaxed. I sat down with the store manager discussed previous employment, why my interest in the fresh market, and availability. Store manager said she would like to hire me and then we discussed what that would take. In store interview was like most interviews. However a few days later I got my official job offer via e-mail and was then flooded with online paperwork. It was very overwhelming but I read and e signed every bit of it. A few days later store manager calls again to have me come in and pick up my shirts and finalize all the paperwork. I was shocked that everything I had done online, I also then had to do in store AND was given a hard copy of everything I had read onscreen!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was already employed at the time of my interview but wasn't happy with where the company was going. However I played it cool and was offered mire $ to join TFM.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was quick, no pressure, detailed, educational, fun, straight forward, entertaining, friendly. This interview was one of the best interview process I ever been through. The managers were very friendly. He even gave me a tour a the store.

Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Fresh Market (Miami Beach, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

This was a semi formal interview where I was hired on the spot. I had a one on one with the scheduling Manager on duty and explained to her why I wanted to be a part of Fresh Market.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate for this position.