The Fresh Market Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

1.7

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

The interview was quick, and straight to the point. They asked me to tell them something about myself, asked about my previous work history, and we chatted about what I'd be doing as a cashier. I was introduced to a few employees as well, and immediately got started on the employment process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to provide a customer the best service?
    What made you choose the Fresh Market?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Fresh Market

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Hampton, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interviewer had a list of questions that "corporate" hands out to ask everyone else. She was going through all of them and deciding which ones to ask and which ones she didn't want to ask. I felt like that should have been decided BEFORE the interview to avoid the awkward silence and flipping between pages.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or out of the ordinary. Basic questions about employment background, had I ever worked retail/grocery/cashier/customer service, have I ever shopped at Fresh Market, etc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Memphis, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

It took two months to hear from these people, but they were very nice once I arrived. Questions were pretty simple, asking if I could handle the high customer demands and about my job experience. The interview was over fairly quickly and they asked me to sign a consent form for a background check. All in all an average interview process, except for the time it took for them to contact me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you encountered a difficult situation at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Laguna Hills, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few days for an in store interview. I showed up early and ready to go for my interview. I couldn't have been more disappointed. The manager just sat there with his legs and arms crossed almost as if it was an inconvenience to be interviewing me. I could tell from the very outset just based on the managers body language that even though I have 11 years retail experience as a cashier I wouldn't be hearing back from Fresh Market.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market in May 2014.

Interview

My interview was really relaxed. I sat down with the store manager discussed previous employment, why my interest in the fresh market, and availability. Store manager said she would like to hire me and then we discussed what that would take. In store interview was like most interviews. However a few days later I got my official job offer via e-mail and was then flooded with online paperwork. It was very overwhelming but I read and e signed every bit of it. A few days later store manager calls again to have me come in and pick up my shirts and finalize all the paperwork. I was shocked that everything I had done online, I also then had to do in store AND was given a hard copy of everything I had read onscreen!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was already employed at the time of my interview but wasn't happy with where the company was going. However I played it cool and was offered mire $ to join TFM.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Miami Beach, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

This was a semi formal interview where I was hired on the spot. I had a one on one with the scheduling Manager on duty and explained to her why I wanted to be a part of Fresh Market.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate for this position.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Asheville, NC).

Interview

I was called about a week after putting in my application and asked to come in a couple days later. Once I showed up the manager basically spent the entire time talking about how they are a specialty store with needy customers. He asked where I used to work, what hours I was looking for, when I could start, and for me to describe a good customer experience. Then he got my social for a background check and said he would call. Then I left. Very easy interview, if it could be called that. I was offered the job a week later and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told him I needed full time and at least $9 an hour in order to be able to pay my bills. This was accepted.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Wichita, KS) in June 2012.

Interview

The managers who interviewed me were real nice. Was straight to the point about what position I would have & what I would be getting paid. They asked about my experience & about what I could bring to the company. It was just a real good experience for me.

Interview Questions

• There was not any difficult questions that I can remember. It was pretty simple, basic & to the point about what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market in January 2011.

Interview

They called and asked questions, then asked me back in to answer questions in person then they asked me a lot of questions. Mainly questions about past jobs and then I was called by a manager to accept job

Interview Questions

• Hardest situation you've been in during work?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

Filled out an application and took the personality test in the store and called the store a week later to follow-up. It's important to answer the questions how you think they want you to (don't say you would ever even think about taking money from the register or that some people deserve bad things) Had an interview with general questions about myself and my life goals and was offered the job on the spot.