The Fresh Market Cashier Interview Questions

1.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market in October 2014.

The interviewer had a list of questions that "corporate" hands out to ask everyone else. She was going through all of them and deciding which ones to ask and which ones she didn't want to ask. I felt like that should have been decided BEFORE the interview to avoid the awkward silence and flipping between pages.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult or out of the ordinary. Basic questions about employment background, had I ever worked retail/grocery/cashier/customer service, have I ever shopped at Fresh Market, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Fresh Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Fresh Market in October 2014.

It took two months to hear from these people, but they were very nice once I arrived. Questions were pretty simple, asking if I could handle the high customer demands and about my job experience. The interview was over fairly quickly and they asked me to sign a consent form for a background check. All in all an average interview process, except for the time it took for them to contact me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you encountered a difficult situation at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Fresh Market in July 2014.

I applied online and heard back within a few days for an in store interview. I showed up early and ready to go for my interview. I couldn't have been more disappointed. The manager just sat there with his legs and arms crossed almost as if it was an inconvenience to be interviewing me. I could tell from the very outset just based on the managers body language that even though I have 11 years retail experience as a cashier I wouldn't be hearing back from Fresh Market.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market in April 2013.

This was a semi formal interview where I was hired on the spot. I had a one on one with the scheduling Manager on duty and explained to her why I wanted to be a part of Fresh Market.

I did not negotiate for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

I was called about a week after putting in my application and asked to come in a couple days later. Once I showed up the manager basically spent the entire time talking about how they are a specialty store with needy customers. He asked where I used to work, what hours I was looking for, when I could start, and for me to describe a good customer experience. Then he got my social for a background check and said he would call. Then I left. Very easy interview, if it could be called that. I was offered the job a week later and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    I told him I needed full time and at least $9 an hour in order to be able to pay my bills. This was accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Fresh Market in June 2012.

The managers who interviewed me were real nice. Was straight to the point about what position I would have & what I would be getting paid. They asked about my experience & about what I could bring to the company. It was just a real good experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • There was not any difficult questions that I can remember. It was pretty simple, basic & to the point about what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2010.

Filled out an application and took the personality test in the store and called the store a week later to follow-up. It's important to answer the questions how you think they want you to (don't say you would ever even think about taking money from the register or that some people deserve bad things) Had an interview with general questions about myself and my life goals and was offered the job on the spot.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market in October 2011.

Asked me questions about my previous work experience and tried to gauge how far I would go/how long I wanted to work for this company. Took note of my availability. Asked how I deal with disgruntled customers. Took down birthday/s.s # for background check, and was told if I was clear I would be hired. This process took about 2 weeks until I was hired.

Interview Questions
    Yes, I was able to negotiate. I looked up salaries on Glassdoor to figure out how much I should be getting paid before my interview. I was able to get .50 more from this!

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Fresh Market in October 2010.

Meeting Assistant Manager then Manager

Not negotiable

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Fresh Market in May 2010.

Applied online and called the store manager. Went in and talked with the manager and was basically hired on the spot. If you can develop a good relationship with the store manager you will probably get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you exceeded a customer's expectations.   Answer Question