The Fresh Market Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.0

Any Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Fresh Market.

I applied online on snagajob. After about three or four weeks I got a call back from a manager asking for an interview. I came in for my interview that week. The assistant manager took me to an office and asked me some standard interview questions. After that she told me to come in for a orientation a week or two later. We were paid for the orientation which lasted a couple hours. Basically they just told us about company policies, dress code, etc. We had a tour of the store and met our department managers/fellow employees. We received our uniforms.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me standard interview questions like "tell me about yourself", "what is your work experience", "why do you want to work for the Fresh Market", etc.   Answer Question

Meat Cutter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Took a month to get a call after applying online. Interview went about as expected. They asked why I wanted to work for the fresh market, asked about skills and experience and how much I was looking to make . They would have had me do a cutting test but it never came to that because they told me their max pay was well below what I was asking.

Interview Questions

The max pay rate was very low for an experienced cutter , almost $7/hour less than I had been making elsewhere

Baker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

1 interview, hired as produce clerk, before started working, moved me to Bakery, because I had experience, but all I did was bag and tag product, no baking. finally moved out of bakery to coffee specialist

no negotiation

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Fresh Market in February 2015.

I turned in my application and got a call back for an interview that day. The interview was standard. They were very interested in my prior experience, and willing to compensate me based on my experience. The managers were all friendly, but professional.

Interview Questions
    • Is most of your baking experience "from scratch" or more mass production?   Answer Question
    I said I'd like to make $12 an hour because I have a lot of experience. They were able to offer $11.50, which I was happy to accept.

Assistant Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

I applied online – interviewed at The Fresh Market in February 2015.

It is pretty sad to say, I was called by a manager for an interview on a particular day. However, I was still employed with another company so, I told him I was working but can come another day. He told me, that he would have to look into a rescheduled date and time. I called back because I never heard from the manager. I decided to leave my phone number but he took the unprofessionalism route by not returning my phone calls. So, my final decision is that I will never call, apply or shop for The Fresh Market. NEVER!!!!

Candy/Coffee Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

After applying, I received an email where I was able to schedule an interview for the new location opening near me. Before the interview, I received a call to schedule an earlier interview which I did. I arrived early to the interview and when called, proceeded to have the interview. It was very causal, which I should have expected but I was not and it threw me off. I was told that the position that I was applying for had been pretty much filled but that they would consider me for other positions that were still open. After discussing possible fits, we had final questions from myself and the interviewer. I was told that I would receive a call by a certain date, whether I got the position or not, and to expect it. The date came and went and no call or even email came. I was very disappointed in their lack of follow through. Also the interview was extremely short, as in I arrived 15 minutes early, waited for almost 7-8, and finished the interview, included my list of questions for them, a few minutes after when I was supposed to the arrived to the interview. Very disappointing but it made it much easier to continue the job search after their lack of communication.

Interview Questions
    • What other position would you be interested in?   View Answer

Assistant Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

I was given a handbook to read and told there's alot of good information in it that I might want to read it. I was asked to start as soon as I signed my paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me if I knew what kind of store fresh market was.   View Answer
    I told him how much money I wanted and I got it.

Grocery Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

It started in the break room, then moved outside on picnic tables, not professional at all. I didn't feel like he cared about the interview process or what I was saying. He was distracted by people walking by and employees.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me if I liked dogs??? Not "animals" but "dogs", I wasn't expecting that. And if I had any dogs myself.   Answer Question
    easy, aim high, because they can pay you what you want.

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

Really easy interview. I applied online, this process took about an hour. Was called by the store manager. I was asked about previous work history. Was offered the job right away.

Interview Questions
    • I applied for meat department and was asked if I'd like to work front end instead. Super friendly manager, The interview lasted just a couple of minutes,   Answer Question
    She asked how much I'd like to make and let me know how much she'd offer. Offer was fair.

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Fresh Market in January 2015.

30 minutes interview. Basic interview questions such as:
    -Tell me about yourself
    -Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person and how did you resolve it.
    -What do you see yourself in 2 years?
    -How do you handle stress?
    -Can you work overtime with no notice?

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about The Fresh Market? --> So, do your research before hand!   View Answer

They were looking for someone to close (9:30 pm).