The Fresh Market Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

The interview process is really quick if you get called for an interview and have a clean background then you will most likely get the job. Depending on the manager they wont ask too many questions. They offer you a high rate of pay and depending on experience you may get more. keep in mind that if you apply as part time your hours could drop drastically and there is nothing you can really do bout it. Full time here is the only way you will be guaranteed hours.

Interview Questions

• Why are you no longer working at your previous job?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

I applied online to a posting and a couple days later received a call from a recruiter he then set up a time for a phone interview. The recruiter called me on the designated time and we had a 30 minute conversation... A lot of tell me about a time when "this happened" and asked about my work history. Then I was scheduled an interview with the DM and store manager this interview lasted about an hour. Then I was scheduled for an interview with the regional manager. The total process was about a two weeks long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. I knew from the first call what the starting rate was.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Fresh Market (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

It lasted about an hour and a half. Not counting the preliminary phone screening. Lots of "Tell me about a time" questions. Pretty easy, really. Interview was conducted jointly by District Manager and Store Manager. Both had been with the company 7+ years.

Interview Questions

• Tell us the difference between diversity and inclusion   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

15 minute interview with store manager; he talked about why he loves working for the company. Discussed possible full-time and I'd willing to work other positions; offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered $10 h/r; accepted.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Toledo, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was extremely pleasant and easy. A store assistant manager interviewed me and seemed pleased with all of my answers. We did a quick store tour and I was introduced to several employees. I had many questions (he also seemed pleased with this) and was told on the spot that I would be getting a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation between yourself and another employee (or between two employees) that made you feel uncomfortable and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Suwanee, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online, and received a call back within 2 weeks. My interview was scheduled for the next day.The Manger asked lots of questions from a booklet. Afterwards, I asked a few questions I was offered a job on the spot and started the background check process.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

The interview was quick, and straight to the point. They asked me to tell them something about myself, asked about my previous work history, and we chatted about what I'd be doing as a cashier. I was introduced to a few employees as well, and immediately got started on the employment process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to provide a customer the best service?
      What made you choose the Fresh Market?

Answer Question

Candy/Coffee Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Fresh Market (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

Went to the open interview at a local hotel, however I had a interview scheduled. After wandering around the hotel I finally found where the interviews were being held. I checked in and then went into a room and waited for my interviewer. Two minutes later I met my interviewer and went into another room where multiple interviews were being held. We sat down and talked for 20 to 30 mins about the description of the job, what to expect, when the store will be opening, my job experience and my availability. It was a smooth interview. The interviewer said that I will not know if I got the job or not until this coming week or next .. So hopefully I got it.

Assistant Deli Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and called them 2 weeks after to check on my application. They schedule me an interview that day, did a one on one with the manager, 2 days later i got a called for a second interview with another manager, I got accepted for the job and started my background check, they said they would call once it came back ( it can take 3-10 business days). 6 days later I got called to come In and finish paper work and to find out when I can start .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me what I got paid based on my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Lafayette, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online, and received a call back within the next week. Interview was extremely casual, which made me feel comfortable. Manger asked questions from a booklet. I was offered a job on the spot. The manager had me fill out a background check consent form. After about two weeks I finally received a call to attend orientation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were required to do a task outside of your job description.   Answer Question