The Fresh Market

102 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview Details – very fast process overall. I had to do two questionairs then had a half hour phone interview that was all in three days after filling out the application. I had an interview with the district and regional manager 5 days later. I was offered a job with in a week of that.

Interview Question – None they follow a printed question list and pretty much ask every question the same way. Please tell me a time when (fill in the blank) happened and what did you do to resolve it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None they had told me the pay scale and offered at the top of it, turns out they do the same for everyone.

Payroll Interview

Payroll

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview Details – it was a friendly interview but never heard back.

Bakery Interview

Bakery

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Fresh Market in April 2014.

Interview Details – Two part interview, with third... Never realized
Interview having been pending. I was looking
For something more upwardly mobile, taking
The position leading into management, potentially.
They were clear, but the biggest discouragement
Was the devaluation of my skill sets, they are
Unrealistic about wage expectations with the cost
Of living being where it is at. I am looking for a
Position where I can make a difference with
Unlimited earnings potential, Fresh market was not
Offering that.

Interview Question – I was asked something to the effect, was there anything
That made you feel uncomfortable in a previous position,
I noted budgetary constraints.
  Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied online and interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview Details – I got an email for a job as assistant manager for Fresh Market. I have management experience in retail, but don't know what to expect.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for our company?   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
Suwanee, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple. I came in and happened to speak with the hiring manager by chance. After speaking briefly, I was sent the initial online process via email. The in-person interview happened maybe two day's later.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was actually negotiable, but I was offered more that my previous job so I accepted.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Fresh Market in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for Assistant Store Manager in Memphis, TN. I received a call from a recruiter in less than a week. Recruiter began interview by asking, "So, when are you moving to Memphis?" I lived out of state and was thrown off by this being her first question. I said I would be able move to Memphis within two weeks if The Fresh Market were to offer me the job. She said you have to move to Memphis first, we only hire people who live here. I thought The Fresh Market looked at candidates from all areas but I guess I was wrong. I didn't realize the job opening is only available to candidates who live in the city of the job opening.

Interview Question – Didn't expect recruiter to begin interview by asking when I was moving to the location of job opening when I hadn't been offered the job yet   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Manager Interview

Front End Assistant Manager
Fox Point, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Fresh Market in February 2013.

Interview Details – The first time I was contacted was by the store manager to set up an interview. The specific store had a lack of secluded spaces so we had the interview by the check out lanes. After the interview and I was offered the job I was required to fill out online paperwork. The website was very complicated and poorly explained but required to be hired.

Interview Question – I was not expecting to be asked if my schooling would interfere with my ability to work for the company.   Answer Question

Assistant Grocery Specialist Interview

Assistant Grocery Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview Details – Very well organized. Nice format. They know what they want in their employees. Ran true to schedule. Did not waste time.

Interview Question – My greatest accomplishment outside of work.   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Fresh Market in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied several months before store opened.Once the initial interview took place, the process took exactly a week. (they were interviewing 300 other candidates) Attended open house and was offered second interview. At second interview, accepted offer for employment and negotiated salary, completed hiring paperwork. Easy process, just lengthy due to construction of new location. They are very customer service oriented, you should know what the fresh market is all about before the interview.

Interview Question – Availability   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate, fair outcome

Bakery Clerk Interview

Bakery Clerk
Roanoke, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Fresh Market in November 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty quick, everything online. followed with one on one interview

Interview Question – weakness/strength   Answer Question