The Fresh Market

Relevance Date Difficulty

Baker Interview

Baker
Glen Mills, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview Details – I applied on snagajob.com and got a call the following day to set up an interview. I came in and the store manager interviewed me in the employee breakroom. Fairly relaxed interview, just asked about my experience and we talked about where we were from. "What's a time you went out of your way to help a customer," etc. It took about 30 minutes. I got a job offer the next day.

Interview Question – Fairly straightforward, nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for 12, they said the highest they can start is 11.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Part Time Cashier
Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Fresh Market in March 2014.

Interview Details – applied online and received phone call to come in for interview approximately 3 months later. Showed up 30 minutes early for interview and on the day following a snow day which was im guessing worked in my favor. After showing up i asked the clerk to contact the manager I was supposed to be interviewing with. 5 minutes later the store manager and the Front End Manager showed up to interview me. Once the interview process was complete they both said that they would contact me if they were interested in offering me the position which they did 4 hours later.

Interview Question – There werent any the questions were fairly simple in comparison to other companies that I have interview with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None the pay for the position was sligly lower than what my current employer had been paying me so they just matched my pay from my former employer.

Front End Manager Interview

Front End Manager
Stuart, FL

I applied online - interviewed at The Fresh Market in April 2014.

Interview Details – Was ask only one question, then was described the company in whole. Was told there was internal candidates and "if" I don't receive a call back then there are other positions (cashier type) available. Seemed like he store manager has never done a real interview before which is sad cause the next company that interviewed me snatched me up very quickly.

Interview Question – Have you ever dealt with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Deli Cook Interview

Deli Cook
Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at The Fresh Market in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was overall a very easy interview process, they were desperate for people to work the deli so they were not too concerned with my qualifications. It also only took about 15 minutes so it was nothing too demanding. The interview should be nothing to worry about.

Negotiation Details – n/a

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview Details – very fast process overall. I had to do two questionairs then had a half hour phone interview that was all in three days after filling out the application. I had an interview with the district and regional manager 5 days later. I was offered a job with in a week of that.

Interview Question – None they follow a printed question list and pretty much ask every question the same way. Please tell me a time when (fill in the blank) happened and what did you do to resolve it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None they had told me the pay scale and offered at the top of it, turns out they do the same for everyone.

Payroll Interview

Payroll

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview Details – it was a friendly interview but never heard back.

Bakery Interview

Bakery

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Fresh Market in April 2014.

Interview Details – Two part interview, with third... Never realized
Interview having been pending. I was looking
For something more upwardly mobile, taking
The position leading into management, potentially.
They were clear, but the biggest discouragement
Was the devaluation of my skill sets, they are
Unrealistic about wage expectations with the cost
Of living being where it is at. I am looking for a
Position where I can make a difference with
Unlimited earnings potential, Fresh market was not
Offering that.

Interview Question – I was asked something to the effect, was there anything
That made you feel uncomfortable in a previous position,
I noted budgetary constraints.
  Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied online and interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview Details – I got an email for a job as assistant manager for Fresh Market. I have management experience in retail, but don't know what to expect.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for our company?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
Suwanee, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple. I came in and happened to speak with the hiring manager by chance. After speaking briefly, I was sent the initial online process via email. The in-person interview happened maybe two day's later.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was actually negotiable, but I was offered more that my previous job so I accepted.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Fresh Market in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for Assistant Store Manager in Memphis, TN. I received a call from a recruiter in less than a week. Recruiter began interview by asking, "So, when are you moving to Memphis?" I lived out of state and was thrown off by this being her first question. I said I would be able move to Memphis within two weeks if The Fresh Market were to offer me the job. She said you have to move to Memphis first, we only hire people who live here. I thought The Fresh Market looked at candidates from all areas but I guess I was wrong. I didn't realize the job opening is only available to candidates who live in the city of the job opening.

Interview Question – Didn't expect recruiter to begin interview by asking when I was moving to the location of job opening when I hadn't been offered the job yet   Answer Question