The Fresh Market

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.1

Coffee/Candy Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Fresh Market in October 2014.

A little over two months after applying, I was called on a Thursday evening for a Saturday morning interview. When I got to the interview I was asked my pay range. Using the numbers from Glassdoor.com I asked for $14 an hour. I was told the position did not pay this amount any where in the country that he was aware of. Also told that most likely nothing paid over $10 an hour. Then, I was told the position wasn't available. When I got home to write this review the position is still listed on the internet as open.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mandeville, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mandeville, LA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market in October 2014.

I filled out the application online, called the store to make sure they had it, received a call a few days later. Met with the hiring manager - went over my background and their expectations. Very good and thorough interview - I believe I know what I am getting myself into - busy, busy, busy - which is great!

Interview Questions
    • For me - was please explain a time when asked to work longer or OT -   View Answer
    Very good - it was suppose to be a part time job - but got offered full time - so Very Happy and Pay is good. $10 to start - again not complaining - Very happy to be working here.

Store Manager Interview

very easy interview process. the company has a great training team, and training program for management team. they focus on development of qualified candidate and based on mobility of the candidate, opportinities to grow with the company are very high.

open to negotiation

Assistant Front End Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Fresh Market in September 2014.

I just walked in asking if they had a job and they said to apply online and come in the following Sunday. Online application is very easy to use and none of the pre-questions were difficult. Interveiw was pleasant and the hiring manger was very easy going.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think of. Maybe stagger interview schedule with the other applicants a little.   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied online – interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Went to an open house, and was interviewed by someone that took my preliminary information. This lead to a second interview for apposition that would have been for a grand opening of a new store. They were balking at paying more than about 11-13 per hour, surprisingly taking into consideration the shifts and hours necessary to get them up and running. On the second interview, the couple of guys in ops that sat me down and talked it over with me, to be honest had an aura of complacency and arrogance. I knew the interview was heading south when they alluded to the effect it would be very much of just a drone job, no creativity, no input on ramping it up and being better...fresh market is a whole foods wannabe, they talk that talk, but they can't walk that walk.

Assistant Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

It took them two weeks to call me to do an interview the interview was rather long and they asked alot of questions about my last jobs and responsibilities they seemed abit annoyed to even be there

Interview Questions
    • how do you deal with stressful situations in a busy environment   Answer Question
    Very easy and they seemed desperate to fill the position

Regional Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a time to speak. I spoke with her for almost an hour and she advised me that she would get back to me after speaking with the hiring managers. I got a call a few days later and was invited to interview with HR Management. The interview went very well and the 3 people I interviewed with were very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Very standard HR questions   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

- Job Fair, walk up application (takes about an hour and a half to 3 hours) and interview (takes about an hour or two)
    - Second and third Interview possibly on spot
    - Hired (sometimes over phone or via email several days later)
    - Paperwork and Drug Test (Done on separate day at a store location)

Note that workload, expectations and life/work balance are not what they say they will be.

They asked about what compensation I was looking for, would not take a reserved offer.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Fresh Market in July 2014.

I applied online and heard back within a few days for an in store interview. I showed up early and ready to go for my interview. I couldn't have been more disappointed. The manager just sat there with his legs and arms crossed almost as if it was an inconvenience to be interviewing me. I could tell from the very outset just based on the managers body language that even though I have 11 years retail experience as a cashier I wouldn't be hearing back from Fresh Market.

Assistant Front End Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Fresh Market in July 2014.

I applied online, three hours later I received a phone call from the hiring manager to set up an interview later that week. I showed up ten minutes early giving me time to walk around the store. I then proceeded to walk to an associate at the front asking for the manager only to have to stand around for about ten minutes. The manager then came out walked me over to their indoor dining tables where he conducted the interview within ear shot of customers. Basic questions were asked, mainly went over my resume. The whole interview it self lasted maybe eight minutes, which at the end I was told to call him at the end of the following week to check with him to see if I got the position or not because he was going out of town and he would most likely forget. Needless to say, I never called to check because to me it was unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked on a grocery store or retail store before?   Answer Question