The Fresh Market

Updated Feb 10, 2015
Updated Feb 10, 2015

2.0

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

Contacted by recruiter to set-up a phone interview. Then had to complete 2 online assesments - first one was pretty generic, what would you do in this situation, etc. Second one involved some basic math questions. Next, had face-to-face interview with District Manager. Finally had face-to-face interview with Regional Director. Whole process took about 2 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Where in the US would you be willing to move for a promotion?   Answer Question

Compensation was not what I expected

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market in October 2014.

The interviewer had a list of questions that "corporate" hands out to ask everyone else. She was going through all of them and deciding which ones to ask and which ones she didn't want to ask. I felt like that should have been decided BEFORE the interview to avoid the awkward silence and flipping between pages.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or out of the ordinary. Basic questions about employment background, had I ever worked retail/grocery/cashier/customer service, have I ever shopped at Fresh Market, etc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Fresh Market in October 2014.

It took two months to hear from these people, but they were very nice once I arrived. Questions were pretty simple, asking if I could handle the high customer demands and about my job experience. The interview was over fairly quickly and they asked me to sign a consent form for a background check. All in all an average interview process, except for the time it took for them to contact me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you encountered a difficult situation at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Coffee/Candy Specialist Interview

A little over two months after applying, I was called on a Thursday evening for a Saturday morning interview. When I got to the interview I was asked my pay range. Using the numbers from Glassdoor.com I asked for $14 an hour. I was told the position did not pay this amount any where in the country that he was aware of. Also told that most likely nothing paid over $10 an hour. Then, I was told the position wasn't available. When I got home to write this review the position is still listed on the internet as open.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mandeville, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mandeville, LA

I filled out the application online, called the store to make sure they had it, received a call a few days later. Met with the hiring manager - went over my background and their expectations. Very good and thorough interview - I believe I know what I am getting myself into - busy, busy, busy - which is great!

Interview Questions
    • For me - was please explain a time when asked to work longer or OT -   View Answer
    Very good - it was suppose to be a part time job - but got offered full time - so Very Happy and Pay is good. $10 to start - again not complaining - Very happy to be working here.

Store Manager Interview

very easy interview process. the company has a great training team, and training program for management team. they focus on development of qualified candidate and based on mobility of the candidate, opportinities to grow with the company are very high.

open to negotiation

Assistant Front End Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Fresh Market in September 2014.

I just walked in asking if they had a job and they said to apply online and come in the following Sunday. Online application is very easy to use and none of the pre-questions were difficult. Interveiw was pleasant and the hiring manger was very easy going.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think of. Maybe stagger interview schedule with the other applicants a little.   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied online – interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Went to an open house, and was interviewed by someone that took my preliminary information. This lead to a second interview for apposition that would have been for a grand opening of a new store. They were balking at paying more than about 11-13 per hour, surprisingly taking into consideration the shifts and hours necessary to get them up and running. On the second interview, the couple of guys in ops that sat me down and talked it over with me, to be honest had an aura of complacency and arrogance. I knew the interview was heading south when they alluded to the effect it would be very much of just a drone job, no creativity, no input on ramping it up and being better...fresh market is a whole foods wannabe, they talk that talk, but they can't walk that walk.

Assistant Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

It took them two weeks to call me to do an interview the interview was rather long and they asked alot of questions about my last jobs and responsibilities they seemed abit annoyed to even be there

Interview Questions
    • how do you deal with stressful situations in a busy environment   Answer Question
    Very easy and they seemed desperate to fill the position

Regional Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a time to speak. I spoke with her for almost an hour and she advised me that she would get back to me after speaking with the hiring managers. I got a call a few days later and was invited to interview with HR Management. The interview went very well and the 3 people I interviewed with were very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Very standard HR questions   Answer Question