The Fresh Market

Relevance Date Difficulty

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
Miami, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Fresh Market in November 2013.

Interview Details – Wait 2 days to call. Then another 2 days for interview. After interview, over a week wait until they call you back because of a background check being done.

Interview Question – The overall wait time is absurd just to hear back if they are going to hire you.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They took too long to get back to me

Floral/Gift Specialist Interview

Floral/Gift Specialist
Fort Myers, FL

I applied online - interviewed at The Fresh Market in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for another position in the company on Indeed.com. I was called for an initial interview and at that time they told me their floral specialist had given 2 weeks notice and asked if I'd be interested in that. The man interviewing me was impressed with my test scores and it seemed I couldn't do anything wrong. The whole process was super easy. He introduced me to the store and district managers and indicated that I had the job. Very laid back atmosphere that I thought would be great to work in. As it turned out, the managers were just apathetic and that appeared as laid back. They did a background check, I came in again and filled out some forms and 2 weeks later I was on the job.

Negotiation Details – They asked about my salary I last had and said they couldn't afford me. I was desperate enough that I accepted what they offered. Which was $2 less an hour. Apparently I was making $3 more an hour than my peer department heads, so I guess I negotiated a great deal.

Assistant Deli Manager Interview

Assistant Deli Manager
Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Fresh Market in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very informal, it compromised of a 1 time interview with the store manager. If you have more than 2 years experience you are pretty much hired.

Interview Question – None, it was very easy   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i was offered 14, i got it bumped to 15.
the cap for an assistant manager is 15,25 so if you get offered lower negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Front End Manager Interview

Assistant Front End Manager
Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Fresh Market in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview was very short only confirming everything from my application. Face to face interview was only about 10 minutes long. Once more only confirming my application information. Passing the background check and online assessment was required by head quarters. No drug test they do random testing monthly. They seemed desperate, and it turns out they were desperate.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their first offer was less than I was currently making. They matched my current pay promising a quick bump in pay. They seemed desperate.

Deli Manager Interview

Deli Manager
Houston, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at The Fresh Market in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was quick. They needed to fill the position.

Assistant Front End Manager Interview

Assistant Front End Manager
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Fresh Market in June 2012.

Interview Details – Apply online, got called for an interview with an Assistant Store Manager who was the hiring manager, first interview was about an hour, second interview was with the District Manager, both interviews were pretty basic, nothing too unusual, also met with the Department Manager briefly at the end of my second interview, she went over basic things to expect, at that point I was pretty sure I got the job since they called her over, they contacted by the times they said they would

Interview Question – Talk about a really good experience you had at a retail store? Where was it? What made it good? Talk about a really bad experience you had at a retail store? Where was it? What made it bad? What would you have done in that situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Fresh Market in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on line and took an initial behavioral assessment. I was contacted by a recruiter less than 24 hours later and asked to take another assessment. The second assessment was a little more difficult (some math and critical thinking) and included more behavioral questions. I was contacted again by the recruiter and we set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic and included mostly behavioral and situational questions. I found the recruiter to be very engaging. I was contacted less than 24 hours later by the DM to schedule a face to face. As I was going on vacation, we were not able to schedule it immediately. After I returned I phoned the DM and had the interview at one of the stores . We spoke for about an hour and 45 minutes. It consisted of pretty much the same questions as the recruiter . They have a huge packet of questions that they choose from. As I was walking in the door of my house from the interview the RDO phoned to set up the last interview. As he was going on vacation the following week, he asked me to drive about 200 miles to meet him so that we could get it done before he left. I agreed and did so. We spoke for about an hour and 45 minutes and I found him to be as engaging as both the recruiter and the DM. This was Friday afternoon and by Monday at 11am I was contacted by the DM and offered the job pending a criminal background check and drug screen.

Interview Question – All the questions were behavioral/situational. Pretty basic management of people/ problems questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Grocery Specialist Interview

Grocery Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Fresh Market in March 2009.

Interview Details – They ask you about customer interaction

Interview Question – Your Availability   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they will only offer a bit more then minimum wage

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2013.

Interview Details – When representative of the company called to arrange an interview, the representative calling was in a position of management, however, did not know any information pertaining to application other than my name, yet told me that according the information provided on my application, I qualified for the position I applied for. Then when they called me back, they offered me an entirely different position. One with a lower rate of pay.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just could I start immediately.

Bakery Manager Interview

Bakery Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview Details – Very common interview