The Fresh Market Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.0

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

I attended a job fair and was only 1 of two candidates for the position. The interview lasted 90 minutes as I answered questions and followed up with questions of my own. Questions were mostly canned such as; tell me about a time when you had a difficult employee and how did you resolve the problem?

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Fresh Market (Palm Beach Gardens, FL).

Interview

Went to an open house, and was interviewed by someone that took my preliminary information. This lead to a second interview for apposition that would have been for a grand opening of a new store. They were balking at paying more than about 11-13 per hour, surprisingly taking into consideration the shifts and hours necessary to get them up and running. On the second interview, the couple of guys in ops that sat me down and talked it over with me, to be honest had an aura of complacency and arrogance. I knew the interview was heading south when they alluded to the effect it would be very much of just a drone job, no creativity, no input on ramping it up and being better...fresh market is a whole foods wannabe, they talk that talk, but they can't walk that walk.

Assistant Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Lynchburg, VA).

Interview

It took them two weeks to call me to do an interview the interview was rather long and they asked alot of questions about my last jobs and responsibilities they seemed abit annoyed to even be there

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with stressful situations in a busy environment   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy and they seemed desperate to fill the position

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

- Job Fair, walk up application (takes about an hour and a half to 3 hours) and interview (takes about an hour or two)
    - Second and third Interview possibly on spot
    - Hired (sometimes over phone or via email several days later)
    - Paperwork and Drug Test (Done on separate day at a store location)

Note that workload, expectations and life/work balance are not what they say they will be.

Negotiation

They asked about what compensation I was looking for, would not take a reserved offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a time to speak. I spoke with her for almost an hour and she advised me that she would get back to me after speaking with the hiring managers. I got a call a few days later and was invited to interview with HR Management. The interview went very well and the 3 people I interviewed with were very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Very standard HR questions   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Laguna Hills, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few days for an in store interview. I showed up early and ready to go for my interview. I couldn't have been more disappointed. The manager just sat there with his legs and arms crossed almost as if it was an inconvenience to be interviewing me. I could tell from the very outset just based on the managers body language that even though I have 11 years retail experience as a cashier I wouldn't be hearing back from Fresh Market.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Lake Mary, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online, three hours later I received a phone call from the hiring manager to set up an interview later that week. I showed up ten minutes early giving me time to walk around the store. I then proceeded to walk to an associate at the front asking for the manager only to have to stand around for about ten minutes. The manager then came out walked me over to their indoor dining tables where he conducted the interview within ear shot of customers. Basic questions were asked, mainly went over my resume. The whole interview it self lasted maybe eight minutes, which at the end I was told to call him at the end of the following week to check with him to see if I got the position or not because he was going out of town and he would most likely forget. Needless to say, I never called to check because to me it was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on a grocery store or retail store before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Mills, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Fresh Market (Glen Mills, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume on The Fresh Market website and received a call within a day and an interview the next day. The interview was held in the lobby where the dining tables are located. Over all it was a solid interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my prior experiences with regards to previous employers both pro and con. Then I was asked a series of questions regarding hypothetical situations and how I would handle them. I was asked about availability and reliable transportation. Then I was asked which job I would like because I qualified for multiple jobs that were available.   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Interview

easy, but long and you wait for weeks to see if you pass the background check and they never answer the phone. Looks like a nice place to work nice lay out but overheard people talking about people calling out all the time. 'So maybe its not so nice.

Pay too cheap

Assistant Front End Manager Interview

Interview

Nonspecific about wages. Standard laundry list questions that are not unique to any field. They are not timely in responding about outcome of interview. You will be read the job description but your job will actually involve much more than you are told and you will be expected to cross cover other departments whether trained for them or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You are told what you will be compensated. That's it.