The Fresh Market

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Suwanee, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple. I came in and happened to speak with the hiring manager by chance. After speaking briefly, I was sent the initial online process via email. The in-person interview happened maybe two day's later.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult about this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was actually negotiable, but I was offered more that my previous job so I accepted.

Produce Clerk

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Fresh Market in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied several months before store opened.Once the initial interview took place, the process took exactly a week. (they were interviewing 300 other candidates) Attended open house and was offered second interview. At second interview, accepted offer for employment and negotiated salary, completed hiring paperwork. Easy process, just lengthy due to construction of new location. They are very customer service oriented, you should know what the fresh market is all about before the interview.

Interview Question – Availability   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate, fair outcome

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted the next day by HR. Set an interview date for the following week. The application process was like every other online application, it contained behavioral questionnaire, work history, personal information and references.

Interview Question – The interview was pretty standard. No questions that were difficult or unexpected. The second interview was essentially the job offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Miami, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Fresh Market in November 2013.

Interview Details – Wait 2 days to call. Then another 2 days for interview. After interview, over a week wait until they call you back because of a background check being done.

Interview Question – The overall wait time is absurd just to hear back if they are going to hire you.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They took too long to get back to me

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Fresh Market in January 2013.

Interview Details – Walked into the store with my resume and asked to speak to the store manager. He came out about 5 minutes later, pretty serious, seemed to be thinking, "this better be good", and I basically just told him I needed a job, had similar experience and could work any time. He asked a few questions about past job experiences, nothing too hard. Hiring manager sent me paperwork via e-mail, was working the next week.

Interview Question – Give me a time where you went above and beyond to do something for a customer that gave them a positive experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, was pleased with conditions of the offer

Marietta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Fresh Market in October 2012.

Interview Details – was contacted about a month after submitting resume/application. Some brief telephone conversations with general manager discussing how my intentions, availability, et cetera matched Fresh Market's needs.

One-on-one interview; I felt somewhat rushed due to the time (8 pm , saturday night). The assistant manager and I talked freely, then he pulled out a folder from which he asked a series of basic questions. Examples include how I would act in a specific situation, my feelings/views on theft, fraud, tardiness, et cetera.

Interview Question – Don't remember. Nothing that stands out. Some redundancy.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Fresh Market

Worked for The Fresh Market? Contribute to the Community!

The Fresh Market Videos

The Fresh Market – Why Work for Us?

The Fresh Market was founded in 1982 with one simple goal in mind: to bring friends, family and neighbors high-quality products in a warm and friendly, old-world European atmosphere. Today, we continue to serve our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Fresh Market Produce Clerk interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Fresh Market employees and interview candidates.