The Fresh Market

1.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at The Fresh Market.

Very straightforward interview. I completed online application and was called back in less than 24 hours. I'm not thrilled with the pay and I'm seriously overqualified for the position but I see many opportunities for advancement especially considering that I do not have a problem with relocation.

Interview Questions
  • I was not asked anything remotely, technical, analytical, behavioral, business case related, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Fresh Market

Produce Clerk Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market in January 2014.

Applied several months before store opened.Once the initial interview took place, the process took exactly a week. (they were interviewing 300 other candidates) Attended open house and was offered second interview. At second interview, accepted offer for employment and negotiated salary, completed hiring paperwork. Easy process, just lengthy due to construction of new location. They are very customer service oriented, you should know what the fresh market is all about before the interview.

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate, fair outcome

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market in November 2013.

Wait 2 days to call. Then another 2 days for interview. After interview, over a week wait until they call you back because of a background check being done.

Interview Questions
    • The overall wait time is absurd just to hear back if they are going to hire you.   Answer Question

They took too long to get back to me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2013.

Very simple. I came in and happened to speak with the hiring manager by chance. After speaking briefly, I was sent the initial online process via email. The in-person interview happened maybe two day's later.

Interview Questions
    Pay was actually negotiable, but I was offered more that my previous job so I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Fresh Market in August 2013.

Applied online and was contacted the next day by HR. Set an interview date for the following week. The application process was like every other online application, it contained behavioral questionnaire, work history, personal information and references.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty standard. No questions that were difficult or unexpected. The second interview was essentially the job offer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Fresh Market in January 2013.

Walked into the store with my resume and asked to speak to the store manager. He came out about 5 minutes later, pretty serious, seemed to be thinking, "this better be good", and I basically just told him I needed a job, had similar experience and could work any time. He asked a few questions about past job experiences, nothing too hard. Hiring manager sent me paperwork via e-mail, was working the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you went above and beyond to do something for a customer that gave them a positive experience.   View Answer
    No negotiation, was pleased with conditions of the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market in October 2012.

was contacted about a month after submitting resume/application. Some brief telephone conversations with general manager discussing how my intentions, availability, et cetera matched Fresh Market's needs.

One-on-one interview; I felt somewhat rushed due to the time (8 pm , saturday night). The assistant manager and I talked freely, then he pulled out a folder from which he asked a series of basic questions. Examples include how I would act in a specific situation, my feelings/views on theft, fraud, tardiness, et cetera.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember. Nothing that stands out. Some redundancy.   Answer Question